News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How many home games will ko at 3.00 Sat, next season?

Started by Southdowns White, March 21, 2022, 04:28:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southdowns White

Out of the 19 home games, will we play a half of them on a Saturday? How many will kick off at 3.00PM? Does this make a difference to many season ticket holders?

mrmicawbers

can't be much worse than this season can it?Hope not.How many home games have we played on a Saturday at 3 o'clock?Will still buy a season ticket though and hope  we get a few.

Information

Less than that because you have opposition which could be playing on a Thursday night in Europe so moved to Sunday

If you look at Brentford in their current season the answer is....

SIX  (maybe SEVEN)

1 Sep 11
2 Nov 6
3 Jan 22
4 Feb 12
5 Feb 26
6 Mar 12
7 May 7 (Could still move)

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/brentford/fixtures-results/league/home

mrmicawbers

Information

WERE

Up to January !!!

4 Home games on the Trot on Saturday at 3 pm

filham

I do like football matches to be played on Saturday afternoon but for those of us that travel to the Cottage by car the free parking on Sundays and in the evenings is a bonus.

Dr Know

I'm not a fan of evening games , a 7-45pm ko would mean the game finishing at approximately 9-30 pm giving me an hour to get the 10-30pm train from Waterloo arriving at Portsmouth Harbour approx 10 past midnight ! The next ferry to the Isle of Wight is 3am , getting to the Isle at 3-45 am , meaning I'm in bed at 5am !

Thailand Mick

Quote from: Dr Know on March 22, 2022, 07:51:33 AM
I'm not a fan of evening games , a 7-45pm ko would mean the game finishing at approximately 9-30 pm giving me an hour to get the 10-30pm train from Waterloo arriving at Portsmouth Harbour approx 10 past midnight ! The next ferry to the Isle of Wight is 3am , getting to the Isle at 3-45 am , meaning I'm in bed at 5am !
I'm wondering if the club could help fans like you when the hotel in the new stand opens. Maybe they could heavily discount a room for 1 night after the evening games even if it was only for season ticket holders , I wouldn't think it would be more than 3 or 4 a season.
That way you could get the first train that's available the next morning and possibly be home by about 09:00am.

filham

Quote from: Dr Know on March 22, 2022, 07:51:33 AM
Wow ,you have a terrible journey and the ferry fare must cost you more than the match ticket.

SuffolkWhite

I am considering a ST for next season and I know the evening games are difficult even for Suffolk I am back for 1am.  Decisions Decisions.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Twig

I love traditional Sat 3pm kick offs and a season with ko's on wildly varying starting times and days just feels disjointed.