watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Targett

Started by Mullers OG, March 23, 2022, 10:38:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC In Oz

I think we need to strengthen CB, CM, RW/LW, ST (someone to challenge Mitro) and an experienced back up keeper (to replace Fabri) first.

Maidstone Lee

Quote from: FFC In Oz on March 24, 2022, 01:54:33 PM
I think we need to strengthen CB, CM, RW/LW, ST (someone to challenge Mitro) and an experienced back up keeper (to replace Fabri) first.

For me the improvements we need can be divided up like this;

Urgent

CB
CM
Winger (battle with Kebano & Wilson)

Important

LB
Back up RB (Neco or new option)
Striker (Compete with Mitro)

Less important but would be good

GK (Areola would be brilliant)

Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Deeping_white

Quote from: Maidstone Lee on March 24, 2022, 02:37:58 PM

Urgent

CB
CM

Important

LB

Wilson will start the season as first choice RW but we need a pacy backup to him, and a LW that's better than Kebano as we've only got Cav outside of those two with any pace as a backup option. The Wilson backup can be a cheaper curveball option but we probably need to put good money into a LW to own that position

Jules

I also think we need to consider a better quality back up striker than Muniz. We need an alternative to Mitro in case of injuries/form/tactics and in my opinion Muniz isn't prem quality at the current time. We have Stanfield as well of course on the fringes. But, perhaps we need one more in and possibly loan out Muniz and Stanfield to get championship playing time for their development. Perhaps get someone quality in on loan who has pace for playing down the middle on the counter.

Luka

Robinson is a poor LB but despite this he gets the nod over Joe.
Whether it's Target or another player we need a LB signed as we don't appear to have a LB or a player suited to playing LB close to the required standard on the books right now.

YankeeJim

If you take away Joe's heroics against Villa, where exactly has he excelled? IMHO, he is more of a winger/wingback than a LB. Defense is not his strong suit and he really isn't a physical player. Do we trade a few decent crosses for ninety minutes of defense? Lets not forget, next year we will not have 60-65% possession as we do now. That's a third more of the game that we'll be defending. I don't recall Bryan dominating his section of the pitch two years ago.
I know Robinson is, at times, a headless chicken but at others he is more then adequate. I don't think we need Targett.

Can he play the right side if we don't keep Williams?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

FFC In Oz

Urgent

CB
CM

Important

LB

Fair summation.

Ideally, I think we would be looking at a winger who can push Kebano out of the side, and provide back up to Harry when needed.

The back up striker is crucial too.  Not sure Muniz or Stansfield are quite ready if, God forbid, something were to happen to Mitro

WolverineFFC

Quote from: FFC1987 on March 24, 2022, 12:21:03 PM
Quote from: We Are Premier League on March 24, 2022, 11:50:36 AM
IMO - Areola is a bigger upgrade on Rodak than Targett is on Robinson

I took it to be Targett was an upgrade for Bryan so Silva would get an upgrade on his two players for every position wish. Personally also think Areola over any of our second string GK'ers is a bigger upgrade than Target over Bryan though.

Your line of thinking is the best one. The club would be replacing Bryan with Targett, not ARob. Just like Nico replaced Odoi, not Tete. Simultaneously improving the starter and backup with one transfer.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: FFC In Oz on March 25, 2022, 02:08:51 PM

Urgent

CB
CM

Important

LB

Fair summation.

Ideally, I think we would be looking at a winger who can push Kebano out of the side, and provide back up to Harry when needed.

The back up striker is crucial too.  Not sure Muniz or Stansfield are quite ready if, God forbid, something were to happen to Mitro

Even though the deal is already agreed we need to buy Harry Wilson for £15m, then we have to replace the players leaving, then our injuried players and then our aging players. Therefore, we won't be able to get many permanent upgrades. Upgrades at CB and LW is critical, how much more we can get i don't know.