watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Targett

Started by Mullers OG, March 23, 2022, 10:38:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mullers OG

I see we are looking to sign Targett in the summer. This would be an excellent signing considerably strengthening one of our weaker positions. If he comes then one or other of Bryan or Robinson can be sold and the other will be an adequate back up. I would keep Bryan who has been reliable if not world beating while Robinson doesn't appear to have trained on as one might have hoped.

I Ronic

Don't forget we have American owners. Robinson will likely get the nod over Joe.

Lordedmundo

Not sure how much truth there is in the rumour, as I don't think that he is Silva's type of player. Personally I think there are other positions that need greater investment (central defence, left midfield, left wing). In my opinion Targett is not worth anything close to £15m - far better options out there I'm sure at that money.

I'm hoping that we get promotion confirmed early and that Ziyad Larkeche is given a few games at left-back. If he is as good a prospect as he us touted to be, then I would be happy if he and Robinson vied for the left back position next season and Bryan is moved on.

Fernhurst

We need fast moving and fast thinking defenders neither of which Matt is particularly  good at. Good Guy but bad buy.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: I Ronic on March 23, 2022, 11:18:35 AM
Don't forget we have American owners. Robinson will likely get the nod over Joe.

Joe Bryan contract runs out next season, and Robinson has two years left on his contract. I think Joe Bryan might get sold.

toshes mate

We didn't hit the Targett when we should have done and saw the results of that. 

We are now in a completely different place and although he does have that certain versatility I have mentioned before I would be rather surprised if he is a definite target for Silva. 

Stoneleigh Loyalist

I agree that Larkeche has got to be brought to the front sooner rather than later. If he is as good as he potentially seems to be he will make the grade and save us a good amount of expenditure.
We are already in danger of being a conveyor bel5 of young talent out of the door and this cannot be allowed to continue.

Maidstone Lee

Whether is Targett or not we need to replace Robinson at LB. Lets hope we have something in the pipeline.

Larkeche is getting good reviews in the U23's, be good to see him get a run out once promotion is confirmed. I also get the feeling Bryan will be moved on in the summer, been a great servant to FFC.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Bronaldinho

Think Targett is a good buy, he's a decent full-back, right age and room for growth.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: I Ronic on March 23, 2022, 11:18:35 AM
How is that relevant? In that case why wasn't Luca de la Torre a starter for us?

JimOG

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on March 23, 2022, 02:24:55 PM
I agree that Larkeche has got to be brought to the front sooner rather than later. If he is as good as he potentially seems to be he will make the grade and save us a good amount of expenditure.
We are already in danger of being a conveyor bel5 of young talent out of the door and this cannot be allowed to continue.

Exactly ...Targett is a decent left back bo-ut no more than that. Like the argument about keeping Rodak as No1 and using the money elsewhere, keep Robinson & Larkeche and spend on the areas we are weakest - CB, 2xMF + winger

The Rational Fan

Quote from: JimOG on March 23, 2022, 06:52:59 PM
Targett is a decent left back bo-ut no more than that. Like the argument about keeping Rodak as No1 and using the money elsewhere, keep Robinson & Larkeche and spend on the areas we are weakest - CB, 2xMF + winger

For me, our priority should be replacing the six players whose contracts are ending on the 30th of June with no option to extend (including Fabri, Williams, Mawson, Ream, Francois, and Carvalho), plus if Anguissa leaves we should replace him. Next, I'd like to replace Knockaert with another winger, because we need a premier league left-winger and no one fits the bill.

Given we need eight players and at most, £70m, not only these replacements can be premier league quality players.

I would make sure one CB, CM, AM and LW are real quality; while only one of the replacements for the backup GK, backup RB, backup CB and backup DM can really be premier league quality with the rest top championship players.

LC

Targett would be a target of mine this summer.

JudgeBread

Quote from: LC on March 24, 2022, 02:27:16 AM
Targett would be a target of mine this summer.

Bullseye 🎯

Mince n Tatties

Why have Villa loaned him out?
Not good enough for them.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on March 24, 2022, 06:26:11 AM
Why have Villa loaned him out?
Not good enough for them.

Of course, he isn't near good enough for Villa, but they have Lucas Dinge and Ashley Young at left-back. But, just because he is not good enough for Villa doesn't mean he is not a decent addition to the Fulham Squad. Besides, Robinson and Bryan aren't good enough for Villa either. He must accept that our squad will be weaker than all 16 teams who have been in the premier league for two seasons.

RaySmith

Quote from: JimOG on March 23, 2022, 06:52:59 PM
Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on March 23, 2022, 02:24:55 PM

Exactly ...Targett is a decent left back bo-ut no more than that. Like the argument about keeping Rodak as No1 and using the money elsewhere, keep Robinson & Larkeche and spend on the areas we are weakest - CB, 2xMF + winger

Agree here - no particular reason to pay out for Targett, just because he was very good for us before, in a different side with a different manager.

Don't think he's a definite upgrade on what we have in Robinson, Bryan and Larckeche.

Bassey the warrior

I'd take Targett, he has a good cross and is better at both ends of the pitch than what we have. If we can do better then great, but if not I'd take him.

We Are Premier League

IMO - Areola is a bigger upgrade on Rodak than Targett is on Robinson

FFC1987

Quote from: We Are Premier League on March 24, 2022, 11:50:36 AM
IMO - Areola is a bigger upgrade on Rodak than Targett is on Robinson

I took it to be Targett was an upgrade for Bryan so Silva would get an upgrade on his two players for every position wish. Personally also think Areola over any of our second string GK'ers is a bigger upgrade than Target over Bryan though.