watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Putney End Idea

Started by JoeS, March 24, 2022, 09:39:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cookieg

When I first started watching Fulham in the early 70s I used to stand in the Putney End. The away supporters were in the Putney end and I can't remember any serious trouble happening and as in those days you could pay on the gate I am sure there were quite a few tourists/neutrals who would come to watch a game because they were in London, their team was playing away. I often went to other games across London. So why is it such a problem now? But then "fan culture" took over and grounds no longer became safe because stupid tw4ts wanted to fight. If that's "fan culture" you are welcome to it. And if the atmosphere is crap at CC it is down to the fans not the Khans.

Twig

I am not sure I understand what this "fan culture" love in is all about.  Like a lot of supporters I've been to overseas matches including; Spain, Portugal, Germany, France, the US, Sth Africa and even Dubai!  Some were sparsley attended whilst others were sell outs. The atmosphere and behaviour of the supporters varied a lot between different grounds and visiting teams.  There was no one identifiable atmosphere that is so much better than in the UK. However, if what is meant by "fan culture" is a bunch of ultras letting off constant flares, parrotting tediously repetitive chants, threatening anyone not dressed in their "uniform" and pogoing with their backs turned to the football,then yes I experienced that atmosphere and can't say I enjoyed it.

FWIW I love the atmosphere at Fulham. I think we have a unique ground with fans who are generally more respectful and good humoured.  I wouldn't have been going for the past 50 odd years if I didn't enjoy it, I'd have supported some other bunch where there was a more yobbish culture.

Stevieboy

Quote from: Ruislip White on March 24, 2022, 10:04:15 PM
I personally thought the neutral end was a point of pride.  We are the only club in England (as far as I know), that are grown up enough to be able to sit and mix with away fans, without wanting to kick their heads in, just because they happen to support a different club.
The distribution of the tickets could always have been better to stop touts from abusing this and too many away fans dominating it, but the principal of a neutral end put us a class above other clubs IMO.

Until Millwall, Cardiff, 'Ski etc. tip up and get played off the park !!

H4usuallysitting

Woolly Mammoth

Perhaps that is where they should be putting the swimming pool.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

blingo

A sloping swimming pool with super trooper floodlights sounds great.

Mr K.Dilkington

Lol a sloping swimming pool
Foolish ham

Mr K.Dilkington

All the stands should just be replaced with wave pools and be done with it...4 wave pools surrounding the pitch would bring me joy
Foolish ham

blingo

RH1978

I dislike being in the Putney End with a passion. Don't like the mixed concourse and can't wait to move elsewhere which hasn't been allowed to date.

mrmicawbers

Quote from: RH1978 on April 07, 2022, 01:36:14 AM
I dislike being in the Putney End with a passion. Don't like the mixed concourse and can't wait to move elsewhere which hasn't been allowed to date.
Quote from: RH1978 on April 07, 2022, 01:36:14 AM
With the new turnstiles in the park,surely the mixed concourse will cease to exist.

SG

FWIW I love the atmosphere at Fulham. I think we have a unique ground with fans who are generally more respectful and good humoured.  I wouldn't have been going for the past 50 odd years if I didn't enjoy it, I'd have supported some other bunch where there was a more yobbish culture.

Couldn't agree more