watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Putney End Idea

Started by JoeS, March 24, 2022, 09:39:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeS

Would you move to the Putney end if cheaper season tickets were made available to improve the atmosphere and ensure that blocks P1-P3 remained a fully home section in the Premier League?

As a Hammersmith end ST holder I love my seat and have had it for years, but I would make the move across if this became the case.

filham

Not a good idea , I rather like the Putney end being a neutral (family) end and an away end. I imagine you can have a season ticket n the family end if you so desire.

JoeS

Quote from: filham on March 24, 2022, 09:56:57 AM
Not a good idea , I rather like the Putney end being a neutral (family) end and an away end. I imagine you can have a season ticket n the family end if you so desire.

We have family sections in the Johnny Haynes stand, plus this wouldn't suddenly make the Putney end non-family friendly. In fact the entire stadium is extremely family friendly, which whilst being a very positive thing (and part of the appeal), it's also one of the reasons our atmosphere is so flat.

The reality of any 'neutral' end in the Premier League is that any London/top-6 club (with a few additional clubs such as Leeds), will rock up, bring 7k fans and the entire stand will become an away end. I think it's about time we stood our ground and filled the ground with as many Fulham fans as possible.

Also think the majority will agree with me when I say the neutral end is a complete embarrassment and should be gone ASAP. I understand it was created due to the lack of segregation possible due to all fans entering through the Stevenage road turnstiles, but that is no longer an issue due to the additional Riverside turnstiles. This is the perfect time to alter the structure of the stand, for example a segregated concourse.

Takemehome27

I could be mistaken but I'm pretty sure the neutral section went a few seasons ago and no I wouldn't move from the hammy end.

What I find strange is that If I was a Coventry or Forest fan I could buy a Fulham membership now for £20 and buy a ticket anywhere in the ground if I wanted to, I do hope someone in the ticket office looks at postcodes of new members as I'm guessing both of those clubs will bring a fair few.

Bill2

The neutral end was only in use when all 4 sides were open, with the reduced seating it has been scrapped. Personally while I found it useful for getting tickets for friends who were away supporters when you play the big clubs it just means they can make more noise. So personally I would like to see it scrapped.

HillingdonFFC

Club told a recent FST meeting that neutral/mixed area is going to be scrapped in favour of a "home"only section
Personally think that with the new turnstiles on the Riverside at Bishops Park , they'll look to properly divide the concourse & have home fans in the current away section & also have the away turnstiles only on Stevenage Road, the lack of then was the reason for the neutral area

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: JoeS on March 24, 2022, 10:15:40 AM

We have family sections in the Johnny Haynes stand, plus this wouldn't suddenly make the Putney end non-family friendly. In fact the entire stadium is extremely family friendly, which whilst being a very positive thing (and part of the appeal), it's also one of the reasons our atmosphere is so flat.

The reality of any 'neutral' end in the Premier League is that any London/top-6 club (with a few additional clubs such as Leeds), will rock up, bring 7k fans and the entire stand will become an away end. I think it's about time we stood our ground and filled the ground with as many Fulham fans as possible.

Also think the majority will agree with me when I say the neutral end is a complete embarrassment and should be gone ASAP. I understand it was created due to the lack of segregation possible due to all fans entering through the Stevenage road turnstiles, but that is no longer an issue due to the additional Riverside turnstiles. This is the perfect time to alter the structure of the stand, for example a segregated concourse.

I could not agree more JoeS
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bobbo

From what you suggest it's like that now , or maybe I've misunderstood. But if not it's a big NO  from me I've been stuck there for a couple of seasons and never since 1958 have I been so unhappy can't wait to get back riverside I used to stand there before there was seating even.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

JoeS

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on March 24, 2022, 12:08:27 PM
Club told a recent FST meeting that neutral/mixed area is going to be scrapped in favour of a "home"only section
Personally think that with the new turnstiles on the Riverside at Bishops Park , they'll look to properly divide the concourse & have home fans in the current away section & also have the away turnstiles only on Stevenage Road, the lack of then was the reason for the neutral area

Music to my ears, thank you!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: bobbo on March 24, 2022, 12:20:58 PM
From what you suggest it's like that now , or maybe I've misunderstood. But if not it's a big NO  from me I've been stuck there for a couple of seasons and never since 1958 have I been so unhappy can't wait to get back riverside I used to stand there before there was seating even.

You still do stand there Bobbo much to the despair of the bloke sitting behind you. 

Never forget your Roots.

WhiteJC

I don't think a neutral end is the issue, I think the main problem is that touts buy multiple season tickets and therefor mainly away fans fill it up

Ruislip White

I personally thought the neutral end was a point of pride.  We are the only club in England (as far as I know), that are grown up enough to be able to sit and mix with away fans, without wanting to kick their heads in, just because they happen to support a different club.
The distribution of the tickets could always have been better to stop touts from abusing this and too many away fans dominating it, but the principal of a neutral end put us a class above other clubs IMO.

fcfulham55

Think in the proposed plans that were temporarily up then taken down from someone in the know. Had the new preliminary plans for the Putney end to have 2 tiers?  With the away fans in the same corner as they are now, top and bottom
Sent from my Nokia 3310

fcfulham55

Quote from: fcfulham55 on March 24, 2022, 11:12:40 PM
Think in the proposed plans that were temporarily up then taken down from someone in the know. Had the new preliminary plans for the Putney end to have 2 tiers?  With the away fans in the same corner as they are now, top and bottom

It was on Twitter for those that saw.  Was a while back, I took screen shots
Sent from my Nokia 3310

JoeS

Quote from: fcfulham55 on March 24, 2022, 11:13:29 PM

If possible could you share the screenshots on this thread? Thanks

Maidstone Lee

Quote from: JoeS on March 25, 2022, 09:28:46 AM
Quote from: fcfulham55 on March 24, 2022, 11:13:29 PM

If possible could you share the screenshots on this thread? Thanks
Yes I'd love to see them, missed them at the time
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Mr K.Dilkington

I couldn't agree more. A lot of what is done at Fulham is frankly tinpot and reeks of non-football fan ideals. As in its embarrassing but that comes down from our owners who aren't football fans and don't understand or don't seem to understand English fan culture. The neutral Putney end has been embarrassing for years and I'd rather have less fulham fans than more away fans frankly considering how easy it is to get to Fulham games for away fans.
Foolish ham

Mr K.Dilkington

I would like to add that CC atmosphere is rubbish but so is the whole prem and championship compared to irrelevant clubs even in the bottom half of the bundesliga and ligue 1.
Not to mention unknown eastern European teams so talking about atmosphere at Fulham games is always a funny joke to me because the khan's and all English football owners couldn't give a toss about creating atmosphere to be frank.
Foolish ham

Deeping_white

Quote from: Mr K.Dilkington on March 25, 2022, 12:49:14 PM

I couldn't agree more. A lot of what is done at Fulham is frankly tinpot and reeks of non-football fan ideals. As in its embarrassing but that comes down from our owners who aren't football fans and don't understand or don't seem to understand English fan culture. The neutral Putney end has been embarrassing for years and I'd rather have less fulham fans than more away fans frankly considering how easy it is to get to Fulham games for away fans.

It's perhaps more embarrasing that you as a fan don't understand that the reason we had a "neutral end" for all those years was a fudge to get around legislation prohibiting away fans and home fans from entering the ground in the same turnstiles to nominated home and away ends. As other people have pointed out; we've not had a neutral end since the build for the new stand, nor will we have one when it opens because the away fans will go in a different entrance to the ground. What exactly is English fan culture anyway because I'm English and have no idea what that means outside of people drinking too much and looking for a scrap; most grounds are relatively quiet nowadays, even the "revered" Anfield atmosphere is YNWA at the start of a game and then they sit there in silence (and they're challenging for the PL title ffs), and if you've got some sort of hard on for football hooliganism from the 70's/80's then it's more of a reflection on you than anything else. Owners can't force fans to sing and create an atmosphere, that comes from the supporters themselves and you can hardly put in a dig at the Khan's because we weren't noisy under Al Fayed either were we?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mr K.Dilkington on March 25, 2022, 12:49:14 PM

Correct

Never forget your Roots.