Bournemouth v Fulham NOT on TV

Started by Information, March 26, 2022, 08:48:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Information

Friday 22 April - Huddersfield Town v Barnsley - 1945
Saturday 23 April - Luton Town v Blackpool - 1230
Monday 25 April - Preston North End v Blackburn Rovers - 1930

All live games just announced

Will the Promotion be done and dusted then according to Sky ???

SuffolkWhite

Well after the Preston fixture debacle I don't believe any dates for tv anymore.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Thailand Mick

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on March 26, 2022, 08:57:50 AM
Well after the Preston fixture debacle I don't believe any dates for tv anymore.
I read somewhere it was the clubs that agreed to the change after the Derby game was moved to an 8 o'clock kick off.

Information

Yes that's right

And Five L 1 games have lost their holiday Monday slot as well

Sky show them on Saturday so all clubs involved want a rest and play a Tuesday night

filham

Possible that the TV managers have at last become aware that Bournmouth with Parker Ball is not a recipe for exciting football.

Arthur

Quote from: filham on March 26, 2022, 10:58:08 AM
Possible that the TV managers have at last become aware that Bournmouth with Parker Ball is not a recipe for exciting football.

More likely, in my opinion, Sky don't want to risk showing a game that's a dead rubber - with ourselves already champions and Bournemouth promoted. However, it still surprises me it's not been selected; even with the aforesaid scenario, I would expect the game to be keenly contested and highly charged.

filham

Quote from: Arthur on March 26, 2022, 04:29:05 PM

More likely, in my opinion, Sky don't want to risk showing a game that's a dead rubber - with ourselves already champions and Bournemouth promoted. However, it still surprises me it's not been selected; even with the aforesaid scenario, I would expect the game to be keenly contested and highly charged.
That is a lovely thought Artur but I wouldn't have risked saying it yet a while.

The Enclosurite

I've actually got a sneaky feeling that moving the PNE game is part of a bigger picture of moving the Bournemouth game to an evening kick off.  More recovery time, etc.

Really hope not though, 3pm on a Saturday will be a great away day!   049:gif COYW
¡COYW!

RaySmith

Quote from: Arthur on March 26, 2022, 04:29:05 PM

I think you're right - they think the battle between teams below us to go up will be more exciting.

sarnian

Quote from: The Enclosurite on March 26, 2022, 07:27:04 PM
I've actually got a sneaky feeling that moving the PNE game is part of a bigger picture of moving the Bournemouth game to an evening kick off.  More recovery time, etc.

Really hope not though, 3pm on a Saturday will be a great away day!   049:gif COYW

Why would they change Bournemouth to a Saturday evening game when we are playing the following Tuesday.

Think Sky will concentrate on the many  playoff contenders rather than the favourites to go up.

The Enclosurite

Quote from: sarnian on March 26, 2022, 07:41:58 PM

Why would they change Bournemouth to a Saturday evening game when we are playing the following Tuesday.

Think Sky will concentrate on the many  playoff contenders rather than the favourites to go up.

Because to play the Saturday evening tv game and then Monday would probably be challenged by the club as unreasonable but moving PNE to Tuesday could be the sweetener/compromise.
¡COYW!

sarnian

Quote from: The Enclosurite on March 26, 2022, 10:02:41 PM

Because to play the Saturday evening tv game and then Monday would probably be challenged by the club as unreasonable but moving PNE to Tuesday could be the sweetener/compromise.

How do you work that out?  We play Preston on the Tuesday BEFORE Bournemouth and Forest on the Tuesday AFTER Bournemouth live on Sky.

The Enclosurite

Quote from: sarnian on March 26, 2022, 10:28:54 PM

How do you work that out?  We play Preston on the Tuesday BEFORE Bournemouth and Forest on the Tuesday AFTER Bournemouth live on Sky.

Arrghh! What a plonker. You are of course correct, I've got my weekends completely mixed up - too many games being chopped and changed has obviously fried my brain.
I'll get my coat  :Get Coat gif:
¡COYW!

filham

Quote from: The Enclosurite on March 26, 2022, 11:11:56 PM
Quote from: sarnian on March 26, 2022, 10:28:54 PM

Arrghh! What a plonker. You are of course correct, I've got my weekends completely mixed up - too many games being chopped and changed has obviously fried my brain.
I'll get my coat  :Get Coat gif:
Yes we will need a Sat Nav for fixtures soon. Most of us know our way to the Cottage blindfolded but getting there at the right time on the right day is becoming a risk.

Wingnut

Hard to know what to do with these fixture changes anymore. I've lost far too much money on flights and trains this season. Was just thinking about Sheffield United away on the last day of the season. Am I correct in thinking that all of the Championship games on the final weekend of the season are all moved to the Sunday, and played at the same time?
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Information

No all the games are on Sat at 1230

So that is confirmed on May 7th