News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anyone else get the feeling today is a season defining game?

Started by os5889, January 01, 2011, 11:54:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

os5889

A win or draw and we can finally begin to hope that we have turned a corner and Hughes is starting to get the results out of the team we have been craving.

A loss and its back to square one and we are back in the mire with a plumetting goal difference.

Wolves have won 3 of their last 5, West Ham have 5 points from 3 games, Wigan have 4 from 2 games.

I know Tottenham are tough but they are only as good as the space you give them.

Lord knows my Bale, Modric and Van Der Vaart love is sky high but I'm hoping we can keep them quiet.

We need something today

Lets hope

xx

Nick the Swede

Although I understand your sentiment, I disagree! These are not the games we are "supposed" to win or maybe even draw. The games we can't afford to lose are the ones at home to the likes of Wet Spam, Wigan, Wolves, B'burn, Magpies etc.

I truly hope we stuff Spurs today, but I don't expect it at all and wont chant "Hughes out" if we lose.

It would however be great to have back-to-back away wins, when did that happen last? The Tigana era?
-"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

AlFayedsChequebook

West Brom is a much more season defining game - a relegation six pointer.

All I want from this game is a good performance and not to concede too many goals.

SuffolkWhite

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on January 01, 2011, 12:03:21 PM
West Brom is a much more season defining game - a relegation six pointer.

All I want from this game is a good performance and not to concede too many goals.

:045: A good performance that will give me hope.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

os5889

I think my point is resonating in both your posts here gents.

We need around 35-40 points to stay up.

Why shouldnt we expect to play well away from home and at home and pick up some points..

Sure if we beat Wigan , Wolves, WBA, West Ham, Birmingham, Everton, Blackpool, Aston Villa home and away we will be safe

But we have not, From Wolves, Wigan, WH, Brum, Everton and Villa at home we picked up 9 points from 18 at home having played 5 teams, away from home we have played WBA and Blackpool and taken 1 point.

We have only got WBA and Blackpool at the cottage of the teams we are "supposed" to beat left....

Do you think we will pick up 9 points from the 6 away games at  Wolves, Wigan, WH, Brum, Everton and Villa??

I think if we were going to be safe by following the form book we would be by now. We've fluffed it at home against "the teams around us" and as such we will need to start collecting points against anyone!

BalDrick

This game is the final chapter of part 1 I reckon. No strikers worthy of the name, no time to buy in extra players. Obviously hoping for something today, even if it's only not too big a dent in the GA column, but realistically the real work starts against West Brom. Personally think ignore the Posh game - we simply haven't got the bodies for a cup run - but away to Wigan is massive. Win that and I'll start to believe, lose and we're in it for the long haul.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

LordNelson

"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

jarv

Not just today, every game now. Most important is beating bottom half teams. Don't count on wba, watching it on tv now and they are giving manure a game (wba just missed a penalty). Fulham shuld have bought Brunt. He is having a stormer in midfield.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

it's very tight at the moment,we have to keep the faith  and hang in there

os5889

fantastic effort today and positives to be taken!

Table is so close, I'd have loved a draw but hey ho NO!