watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Looking forward to seeing how Seri gets on against England tonight

Started by Bassey the warrior, March 29, 2022, 09:21:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MickTheBeard

I went and stayed in Barnsley seri was poor and never came out second half .Yes it was the championship teams are physical and get in your face,but premier league they are better footballers but are just as physical but better,he is not up to it,with cairney slower and injury prone we need urgently a central defender with premier league ability,but don't include frank because he is another failure.

vancouver

Seri is not good enough to be one of our starting midfielders in the prem. However he is quality cover, his one year extension comes at a perfect time. We extend him, and give him a 1 year audition for a new deal in prem.

Deeping_white

Quote from: MickTheBeard on March 29, 2022, 11:14:58 PM
I went and stayed in Barnsley seri was poor and never came out second half .Yes it was the championship teams are physical and get in your face,but premier league they are better footballers but are just as physical but better,he is not up to it,with cairney slower and injury prone we need urgently a central defender with premier league ability,but don't include frank because he is another failure.

So you think none of our CM's are good enough but we need a CB, right? Do you ever have anything positive to say, you'd think we're in a relegation scrap reading all of your posts in isolation.

Seri is a premier league quality playmaker, if we put him next to a good DM who's job is to win the ball and let Seri do the creative stuff then he's absolutely good enough to start for us in the PL. It will cost £10m+ to replace him with someone remotely close to his passing abilities that also defends to peoples subjective standards of being a PL standard #8/#6. My only criticism of Silva is that he uses Seri as a DM, although I understand the logic of using him as a deep laying playmaker. In the PL we need to give him more offensive duties and find a Kante-esque player to sit next to him and mop up while he contributes to defending rather than being the last line of defence as the deepest midfielder

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Deeping_white on March 29, 2022, 11:35:10 PM
Quote from: MickTheBeard on March 29, 2022, 11:14:58 PM

So you think none of our CM's are good enough but we need a CB, right? Do you ever have anything positive to say, you'd think we're in a relegation scrap reading all of your posts in isolation.

Seri is a premier league quality playmaker, if we put him next to a good DM who's job is to win the ball and let Seri do the creative stuff then he's absolutely good enough to start for us in the PL. It will cost £10m+ to replace him with someone remotely close to his passing abilities that also defends to peoples subjective standards of being a PL standard #8/#6. My only criticism of Silva is that he uses Seri as a DM, although I understand the logic of using him as a deep laying playmaker. In the PL we need to give him more offensive duties and find a Kante-esque player to sit next to him and mop up while he contributes to defending rather than being the last line of defence as the deepest midfielder

The more important point is we probably only have £75m to spend and that includes £15m for Wilson. We need to balance the number of players being replaced with the quality of the players replacing them.

Leaving £60m for other ten other positions, and our options for those other positions are :

• keep 1 player and replace 10 players in the "Starting XI", which means you spend an average of £6.0m on each.
  • keep 3 players and replace 8 players in the "Starting XI", which means you spend an average of £7.5m on each.
  • keep 5 players and replace 6 players in the "Starting XI", which means you spend an average of £10m on each.
  • keep 7 players and replace 4 players in the "Starting XI", which means you spend an average of £15m on each.
  • keep 8 players and replace 3 players in the "Starting XI", which means you spend an average of £20m on each.
  • keep 9 players and replace 2 players in the "Starting XI", which means you spend an average of £30m on each.

For fans that think (and they might be correct) that we have less than five players that are premier league quality, we have a problem that it's virtually impossible to add more than five premier league players to the permanent squad as premier league players that aren't ending their careers soon cost a lot more than £10m each.

I am fairly confident most people are happy to keep Tosin, Wilson, and Mitro in next year's "Starting XI", but we really need to find another two or three players we'd like to keep, otherwise spending will be spread too thin.

We need to find another few starters from those players that have started 23+ games with contract extensions, which only leaves six players Rodak, Robinson, Seri, Reed, Anguissa, and Kebano. The financial reality is I think half of that six has to start.

StuinSalop

For most of the time I thought Seri was class.  He always put himself in positions to receive the ball and passed it on quickly often with one touch.  It's true he misplaced a few passes but other than that I thought he was the best player in yellow on the pitch and held them together after they went down to 10 men.  The game was played at a very slow pace which probably helped him and he it should not have have taken too much out of him.   He also won tackles and tricked his way passed England midfield players, especially in the 2nd half.   

If fit, he starts every game for us.

blingo

Quote from: Fernhurst on March 29, 2022, 09:58:32 PM
Assuming we don't have a complete meltdown next season games against top top half  teams maybe too fast for Seri. 

Watching the game from Wembley tonight makes me offer the following:
A  crisp twenty pond note to the first person to hit FULHAM on the Haynes stand with a paper areoplane from the upper reaches of The Khan Stand ! 

Went there this morning and tried various times but the wind was blowing in the wrong direction. Please send a tenner for expenses. Thanks Mr F ....your old mate Blingo.

keithh

Seri does track back but sometimes in a jogging nonchalant way. He could do more by making himself available for passes rather than being too close to the opposition. Last night I'd give him 7/10.

Twig

Quote from: keithh on March 30, 2022, 03:23:53 PM
Seri does track back but sometimes in a jogging nonchalant way. He could do more by making himself available for passes rather than being too close to the opposition. Last night I'd give him 7/10.

Tracking back at a jog is useless and insulting to your teammates. All it shows is a lack of commitment and that kinda summarises the issue for me.

Woolly Mammoth

Seri is too light weight and he looked like a boy playing men, the only time he caught up with an England player he fouled him and picked up a yellow.
Looked lost and out of his depth, he was lucky England were in a good mood, on another night if there had been anything at stake England would have eaten him alive. 

Whether he can fare better in the Premier League remains to be seen.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Deeping_white

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 30, 2022, 05:29:14 PM
Seri is too light weight and he looked like a boy playing men, the only time he caught up with an England player he fouled him and picked up a yellow.
Looked lost and out of his depth, he was lucky England were in a good mood, on another night if there had been anything at stake England would have eaten him alive. 

We must've watched completely different games then

ealex40

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Deeping_white on March 30, 2022, 05:34:01 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 30, 2022, 05:29:14 PM

We must've watched completely different games then

Obviously,  you need to concentrate more and take those rose tinted glasses off.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: ealex40 on March 30, 2022, 05:54:38 PM

I was quite impressed with Seri.

Well he got an easy ride last night as England used Seri and the rest of his mediocre team as a training session, they were second best all over the pitch.
If it had been a competitive game he and his team would have been completely over run.

That is why in the Premier League he may very well get his backside kicked.
I shall look in anticipation to see how he fares, as the Premier League is ruthless and opponents will be fresh out of mercy.

Never forget your Roots.

rebel

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 30, 2022, 06:33:35 PM

Well he got an easy ride last night as England used Seri and the rest of his mediocre team as a training session, they were second best all over the pitch.
If it had been a competitive game he and his team would have been completely over run.

I shall look in anticipation to see how he fares, as the Premier League is ruthless and opponents will be fresh out of mercy.

He needs to think faster, pass quicker. In the French league you have time and space for quick 1, 2's, no such luxury in the Prem, better players and a lot quicker. Dither on the ball, it will be long gone.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: rebel on March 30, 2022, 08:43:15 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 30, 2022, 06:33:35 PM

He needs to think faster, pass quicker. In the French league you have time and space for quick 1, 2's, no such luxury in the Prem, better players and a lot quicker. Dither on the ball, it will be long gone.

To be fair the same applies to many of our players - Cairney, Reed, Robinson etc. We'll need to adapt our style considerably next season, but the counter-attacking at pace style we've perfected will be vital.