watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Looking forward to seeing how Seri gets on against England tonight

Started by Bassey the warrior, March 29, 2022, 09:21:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

This will be a good test to see how he gets on against Premier League players, knowing he'll have less of the ball and less time on the ball than he's used to.

I believe he plays the same sort of role for Ivory Coast, but they may play with 3 in midfield rather than 2 holding midfielders and a number 10.

mrmicawbers

Thanks for the heads up. Don't generally watch friendly games,but will have a look tonight.

Lordedmundo

Yes, will be interesting to see how he performs - albeit the game is just a friendly of course. 

Whilst I appreciate his ability as a player, I need convincing that he will be an asset in the Premier League. Does he have the physicality, pace and energy? Last time out (when he was three years younger), he was good in the first few games before his performances tailed off. A bit like this season in the Championship I feel...

Kimbleman

Deeping_white

He looked pretty good against France the other night as well

Mickeyboro

He is another Ruiz... needs too much time to flourish in the Premier League and contributes nothing defensively.

Plus you can't play him with TC. I expect him to go.

BestOfBrede

Deeping_white

Quote from: Mickeyboro on March 29, 2022, 04:22:12 PM
He is another Ruiz... needs too much time to flourish in the Premier League and contributes nothing defensively.

He's literally said in an interview he wants to stay - we hold a year option on his contract so there's no reason we wouldn't take that up

Bassey the warrior

Don't agree he contributes nothing defensively, I'd also say he was no more ineffective in the Premier League than Cairney. Different manager, who I would expect to get the best from Seri, as he has done so far.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on March 29, 2022, 04:59:31 PM

Don't agree he contributes nothing defensively, I'd also say he was no more ineffective in the Premier League than Cairney. Different manager, who I would expect to get the best from Seri, as he has done so far.
I'm very surprised you say that. He is very good at breaking up opposition play IMO  and does so often.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Southcoastffc on March 29, 2022, 06:18:28 PM

I'm very surprised you say that. He is very good at breaking up opposition play IMO  and does so often.

He agrees with you, he was replying to the previous post. I also agree, think Seri has overall been our best midfielder defensively this season. There is no doubt in my mind that he can contribute in the PL in the right circumstances. 

love4ffc

He's number is four and he looks to be playing in the same role as FFC as a holding midfielder. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

love4ffc

He just got a yellow for a late high challenge on Sterling's inside ankle  :022:

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Sting of the North on March 29, 2022, 06:23:18 PM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on March 29, 2022, 06:18:28 PM

He agrees with you, he was replying to the previous post. I also agree, think Seri has overall been our best midfielder defensively this season. There is no doubt in my mind that he can contribute in the PL in the right circumstances. 
Sorry! I should have read with more care.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

mrmicawbers

Bassey the warrior

I missed the first half but second half he looked composed and tidy, best of a bad bunch for Cote d'Ivoire.

love4ffc

Quote from: mrmicawbers on March 29, 2022, 08:58:30 PM
Didn't put much into getting back for the goal.
Agreed.  He looked ok going forward but not in the defense.   The second yellow/red I thought was very soft and killed the game. 

Fernhurst

Assuming we don't have a complete meltdown next season games against top top half  teams maybe too fast for Seri. 

Watching the game from Wembley tonight makes me offer the following:
A  crisp twenty pond note to the first person to hit FULHAM on the Haynes stand with a paper areoplane from the upper reaches of The Khan Stand ! 
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.