Name from the past.... Mark Bowen

Started by H4usuallysitting, March 30, 2022, 09:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

sunburywhite

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on March 30, 2022, 09:19:28 PM
Appointed manager at AFC Wimbledon

He can come and have a look at what he would of won
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Fulham 442

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on March 30, 2022, 09:19:28 PM
Appointed manager at AFC Wimbledon
I have a soft spot for AFC and always look out for their results.  Things are looking bleak for them atm and they are now in the drop zone.  Wonder if Bowen can do anything to stop the rot?  Don't really know much about him except that he is Welsh and was number 2 to Mark Hughes for years and so was with us was when Hughes was briefly Fulham manager before moving on to the dizzying heights of managing QPR!

Ronnief

Hughes and Bowen when with us had a system of play for the club. It may have been reasonably effective with the right players. I expect Bowen to play a similar system with AFC. Here's hoping they improve rapidly if only because I used to watch them occasionally in their non league days and that my son in law is an AFC supporter.

Count Flapula

Quote from: Ronnief on March 31, 2022, 01:19:30 PM
Hughes and Bowen when with us had a system of play for the club. It may have been reasonably effective with the right players. I expect Bowen to play a similar system with AFC. Here's hoping they improve rapidly if only because I used to watch them occasionally in their non league days and that my son in law is an AFC supporter.

They did indeed have a system of play - which got us to 19th by Christmas and then culminated in senior players such as Hangeland persuading the managment team to revert back to another system of play - Hodgson's - which lead to us finishing in the top 10.

That said, I sincerely hope Bowen gets AFC Wimbledon to safety as I too have a soft spot for them.

bog

I always keep an eye on AFC's results. Surely one of the best ever stories of a club that rises from the ashes of administrative incompetence to win back their league status and even build their own ground. Good luck to them.  :54:

Somerset Fulham

I also always look out for AFC, I've pals who support and have played for them.

Also; there but for the grace of God etc etc..