World cup draw

Started by F(f)CUK, April 01, 2022, 06:05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F(f)CUK

Not sure that it could be going any better so far. USA and Iran

F(f)CUK

Had to be Scotland, Wales or Ukraine

filham

Wales/Scotland /Ukraine and USA are interesting as we may see Wison/Williams and  Robinson in action.
If we don't win that group Southgate should not be allowed home.

MisfitKid

USA! USA! USA! (playing for Second...)
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

Grassy Noel

Quote from: filham on April 01, 2022, 06:29:30 PM
Wales/Scotland /Ukraine and USA are interesting as we may see Wison/Williams and  Robinson in action.
I think that even Qatar would consider that an abuse of human rights.
Perhaps put him on the returning Iran flight and see how much they want for him.

rebel

Second might be decided on goal difference.

sunburywhite

Ah, the World Corruption Cup held in the (no we never bunged anyone) Quatar (how many underpaid immigrant workers have been killed)

And so many people buy into the fact the Emperor has no clothes

Its a total sham
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

sarnian

Quote from: sunburywhite on April 01, 2022, 07:22:28 PM
Ah, the World Corruption Cup held in the (no we never bunged anyone) Quatar (how many underpaid immigrant workers have been killed)

Its a total sham

Southgate criticises Quatar on Monday and on Friday England get the easiest draw they can get.  Coincidence?

davew

Watched about 5 minutes of the draw and got bored, what was the point of having another red ball to be drawn each time after a team had been drawn from pot 1, obviously they were at the top of the group. Did decide to tape the rest of the draw (on BBC) only to find that the draw hadn't finished by 6pm so missed the rest of it. Not exactly a competitive group for us to get through is it?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

cottage expat

Quote from: filham on April 01, 2022, 06:29:30 PM

I agree, Filham. However, in the big competitions England often run into some banana skins and the USA and Scotland or Wales could be slippery.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: F(f)CUK on April 01, 2022, 06:05:44 PM
Not sure that it could be going any better so far. USA and Iran

For non game related stories, not sure there is a more interesting draw. USA against Iran playing in the middle east. England having to deal with the USA and possibly Wales/Scotland. England is far superior to the USA, but we always have a chip on our shoulder against England. Then there is the Ukraine possibility.

England should coast the group, but I could also see a scenario where they get drawn once or twice and it is closer than it should be.

Lighthouse

Its a total sham

Like the Olympics this year in China held no interest because of the Human Rights abuses still going on there. The same can be said for this World Cup. Disgusted how we just allow it to go on. Kneeling for Black Lives Matter. But skipping along to the World Cup. Hypocritical bastards.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

PaulUMD

Intriguing group.  England very good and deep but have had slip ups in group stages before (and claim to melt in 80F heat! lol).  Iran has a good ELO rating and keeps games close, couple of nice talents being sold to Prem/BuLi.  US kids are good and hungry but inexperienced and had trouble against bunkering teams like Iran Wales/Scotland in qualifying.  Ukraine technical and good but tough to advance for obvious reasons, Wales had a good qualifying round but what's Bale got left in the tank, and Scotland is the weakest of the bunch but seems to get it done when they need to. 

Could be lots of fun.  Certainly will enjoy the banter leading up to it. 

Thailand Mick

Quote from: sarnian on April 01, 2022, 08:49:02 PM

Its a total sham

Southgate criticises Quatar on Monday and on Friday England get the easiest draw they can get.  Coincidence?
I actually think the French got the easiest group 

Holders

One wonders how Ukraine are going to complete the qualification process. Perhaps they'll have to assemble the team and train in another country. They'll have a lot of support, that's for sure. In normal circumstances, they'd be a tougher proposition than Wales or certainly Scotland. It could be a very interesting group.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

MartyFFC

Unbelievable draw for England, easiest World Cup group we've ever had on paper

jarv

Even though Scotland still have a chance, I have no interest in a WC held in Qatar, especially disrupting our domestic games.

Colton F.C.

I notice that Nepal do not seem to be participating.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Colton F.C. on April 04, 2022, 08:11:23 PM
I notice that Nepal do not seem to be participating.

Nor Peckham Rye
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Sgt Fulham

Don't think I'll be watching for the first time in my life. Its a shame because this England team can play, but love FIFA and love the rise of overt and unpunished corruption in the world.