watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Five Substitute Rule

Started by Ronnief, March 30, 2022, 04:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruislip White

Also means clubs will be less willing to offload squad players that we might have gone for.

Ronnief

Nine subs on the bench with three periods during a match plus half time when up to a total of 5 subs can be brought on, confirmed.

Mr K.Dilkington

I really hate what modern football is becoming- it really is all so tiring. It really makes me wanna give up and support non-league. I hate indirectly supporting this stuff. It's only going to get worse if you saw what they're trying to do with the champions league places. These decisions being made above football fans heads are killing the competitive nature of English football and it's all so sickening.
Foolish ham

Woolly Mammoth

Football is eating itself from within and is no
longer the beautiful game. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

MartyFFC

Quote from: Mr K.Dilkington on March 31, 2022, 09:11:05 PM
I really hate what modern football is becoming- it really is all so tiring. It really makes me wanna give up and support non-league. I hate indirectly supporting this stuff. It's only going to get worse if you saw what they're trying to do with the champions league places. These decisions being made above football fans heads are killing the competitive nature of English football and it's all so sickening.
Yeah completely agree, the game does seem to be losing its soul

ron

Quote from: WindyCity on March 30, 2022, 04:43:48 PM
Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on March 30, 2022, 04:28:25 PM
That would be a huge disadvantage for us. We will be lucky to have 11 players of Premier League quality. Most of the other teams will have much better squad depth

Agree with this.  Huge advantage for the bigger clubs.

Agree 100%.

jarv

I think the jury is in.  Dreadful manipulation of football.  Leicester broke the mould but gone are the days when another mid table team will rise to the top.  Teams like Nottingham Forest, Derby, Burnley Manu (haha) etc challenging for honours are gone.  I want Fulham to go up but a piece of me says not, the championship has more to offer.  eg  Luton now sitting 3rd, who would have thought. Good luck to them.

MartyFFC

I also think the 'big 6' should be allowed to choose their kick off times and what day a game is played on. Given they're all generally playing in Europe, we need to safeguard the mental health of the players

Grassy Noel

The beautiful game is really moving on. I  relish the time when fans will be allowed to substitute the referee. It would require a real time poll and 50%+ majority of both sets of in-house supporters.

Wolf

Five sounds fine to me. I cannot empathise with people harking back to the days of one substitute as an injury replacement, when injuries were feigned and injured players were stuck out wide to limp around.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

ALG01

Dreadful descision.
This is just to benifit the top few bigger richer clubs.

This change in rulkes has as much integrity as FIFA or the IOC.

ron

Still, in a world where a World Cup can be played in 40deg C heat in a dry, homophobic, misogynistic, modern slave labour state....slap bang in the middle of a European football season........what aren't football authorities capable of?

Carborundum

Cynical plan that takes two steps in the wrong direction.  Yes, it gives advantage to larger clubs. But the amount of bitty interruptions in the second half of games already irritates this paying spectator.  I'm there to watch football, not wingers jog walking to the opposite touchline or players looking for the most distant teammate to hand the captains armband to or going out of their way to thank the officials.

Unless it's Mitro and we are winning.

Twig

Quote from: Mr K.Dilkington on March 31, 2022, 09:11:05 PM

I share that sentiment