watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Boat race and the Cottage

Started by Southcoastffc, April 03, 2022, 02:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

On bbc1 today. Men's race begins in 15-30 mins if you're interested to catch a glimpse of the new stand etc.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

RaySmith

Men's race  set to start at 3.23, Women's race up now to watch.

Stevieboy

Nice to see The Cottage. Used to be a five minute walk to the river but was never that interested in the race.
The aerial views were interesting to show that the proposed Fulham Pier would in no way interfere with race, they seem to get by Dove Pier with no problem.
I think it's just a Putney MP wanting to be seen to protect the Putney Pier in her constituency?

Rupert

Quote from: Stevieboy on April 03, 2022, 04:21:57 PM
Nice to see The Cottage. Used to be a five minute walk to the river but was never that interested in the race.
The aerial views were interesting to show that the proposed Fulham Pier would in no way interfere with race, they seem to get by Dove Pier with no problem.
I think it's just a Putney MP wanting to be seen to protect the Putney Pier in her constituency?

It is sad to see such cynicism in one so young. How could you believe an elected MP could have any interest in anything other than the common good?
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

filham

The high level shot was interesting but it was only a glimpse, they could have let the cameras dwell just a little longer.

Rupert

Quote from: filham on April 03, 2022, 06:48:38 PM
The high level shot was interesting but it was only a glimpse, they could have let the cameras dwell just a little longer.
May I introduce you to the idea of pausing the programme? You can ignore the rest of the rigmarole.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

ALG01

who knew the non event was actually on? Other than seeing the cottage the snooze fest is a anachronism. Happy for the people that are interested but it isn't really worth watching.

I did watch sutton V rotherham and that was a tremendous final. Sutton should have won but the ref saw fit to mysteriously add 7 miniute time to the game and rotherham equalised in the last few seconds of that. they then went on to win in extra time. I do feel if it were fulham i would have been very outraged at all that additional time.

filham

Quote from: Rupert on April 03, 2022, 08:58:59 PM
Quote from: filham on April 03, 2022, 06:48:38 PM
May I introduce you to the idea of pausing the programme? You can ignore the rest of the rigmarole.

[/quote  Thanks for the advice , I really wasn't aware that was possible with live broadcasts.