watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Crowd Surfing

Started by Jimsbeerbelly, April 05, 2022, 01:54:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimsbeerbelly

Seems to be a bit of a craze at the moment, not just at Fulham, but other clubs as well.

I'm all for a bit of celebrating, nothing better than seeing absolute limbs after a goal, but those who purposely surge forward, push others over seats, and end up in a heap on top of vulnerable fans, are just mindless idiots.

I was at QPR and see it happen in 2 blocks, it was pre-planned, groups waiting at the top of the isles, phones in hand, then surging down pushing people in front, all for social media likes.

Noticed all the young idiots on Twitter saying that fans are just moaning, spoiling celebrating a goal, but let's be honest, that ain't celebrating, that's going out your way to injure someone.

Then, when Dan Crawford brings it up (not that I know Dan) he's abused by those culprits about his disability ?!

We've already seen one youngster banned from Fulham for their behaviour at Reading, and I'm hoping that the club pick up on a few others as well.

For the record, I've been nicked a couple times at football, no angel myself, but I've never gone to games to purposely injure other fans.

Don't think they realise, that this will scupper any plans to re-introduce rail seating in the future.

MikeTheCubed

Bizarre to think that going 2-0 up away to your local rivals isn't enough of a high for those complicit in this behaviour.

love4ffc

@FFC-Dad on twitter summed it up best for me. 

"You selfish arrogant little p****. It's you we don't want coming to games ruining it for the majority. So please spare a thought for others and consider other ways to celebrate before we have a serious life changing accident."

You would think the fans who do this would have been taught about deaths and injuries that can occur from this behavior.  When someone does get injured or worse ends up dead from being crushed, those same idiots will blame everyone and everything but themselves. 

Literally, all you have to do is search for "football injuries and deaths caused by fans crushing other fans" and the Hillsborough disaster is the first thing to come up. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

PaulJ123

Really kicking off on Twitter about this today.

It baffles me how the people launching them forward when a goals scored don't see how that causes a problem. I think it was made worse with the penalty as it can be almost pre meditated.

I agree it does seem to be a craze for "limbs" when a goal is scored and I'm all for celebrating but to actually launch yourself down the stand is absolutely ridiculous. 

flyingfish

Total pricks who do this. I was with my 11yo and this happening behind me was on my mind for much of the game. Same at Peterborough. Tbh i think we'll just give away games a miss from now on as I can't be sure my daughter will be safe. Wasn't like this when I first started taking her to away games. Somethings changed - pandemic, coke, general disorder, boozing - all attached to a bunch of young kids who've attached themselves to our club.

Social media football culture is flipping sad - apparently I'm not a proper as I don't get pissed on a train, do coke or endanger people with limbs

Bournemouth is likely to be dangerous I reckon

Southcoastffc

IMO it's either silliness (often goes with youth) or stupidity.  Either way it's hard to convey reason and commonsense to those who do it.  'Policing' by stewards or others seems to me the best way to eradicate it.  If it doesn't stop, there is highly likely to be fighting amongst our owns fans soon.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Banstead White

Quote from: Southcoastffc on April 05, 2022, 07:00:08 PM
IMO it's either silliness (often goes with youth) or stupidity.  Either way it's hard to convey reason and commonsense to those who do it.  'Policing' by stewards or others seems to me the best way to eradicate it.  If it doesn't stop, there is highly likely to be fighting amongst our owns fans soon.

Yep -about right there.
Roysie

SP

I think it's time for the clubs to use their CCTV to enforce the ground regulations, this behaviour anywhere else wouldn't be tolerated.

Ruislip White

Absolute bellends.  Ruining it for fellow fans.

Cookie6262

Say answer.. standing sections.

Ruislip White

Quote from: Cookie6262 on April 05, 2022, 08:52:56 PM
The answer is to behave like a decent human being instead of causing physical harm to others. 

Riversider

Can I just point out to those with a decent memory, that it was me that first pointed out the perils of "limbs" after Millwall away when I became a victim of it and described on here how I got one of them by the throat, at the time I was the bad guy for threatening a Fulham supporter, funny how it's all gone full circle now and the dopey little sods are now the bad guys 😒
I suddenly feel vindicated.

H4usuallysitting

It's in my name... I love a sit down at a match...been through the 60's 70's & 80's of fan's being treated like 2nd class citizens....this nonsense won't end well

love4ffc

Quote from: Cookie6262 on April 05, 2022, 08:52:56 PM

A couple of things.  First, those who are defending "Limbs" like to point out that limbs mean: scene of fans wildly celebrating a goal with arms going wildly all over the place.  Sadly, these idiots have taken the term and made it into a perverse harmful celebration that endangers others around them. 

Second, it has been pointed out on twitter how the FA could look at these limbs celebrations and derail the possibility of any safe standing areas. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Berserker

I hate to think what will happen if we do get safe standing, although I'm too short to be in that area. I'm not against an area set aside if people do act sensibly

I think there could be injuries if this pushing people over several rows continues.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Ara's bacon crisps

Actually I think safe standing would reduce this behaviour a lot. If it's anything like what I experienced at Cardiff, the rail in front of each row of seats would stop anyone launching themselves over rows, although the aisles would still be a problem that can probably only be resolved by large numbers of assertive stewards.

ALG01

regarding all the above, especially Riversider.
Everyone on here is correct.

I have been to three away games this season including QPR and noticed that there is a nasty little group of so and soes that are genuinely spoiling the awayday. The club should havecctv and eliminate these people from ticket sales. This is premeditated bad behaviour and is in the group dynamic of stupidity.

I have had a number of run ins on social media with a few of them (I presume it is the culprits) that think it is everybody else wanting to spoil their fun. The truth is they are causing a genuine health hazard and I am now reconsidering whether the game at bournemouth will in fact be safe.

Actually awaydays are way less fun now as everyone stands, i can't see, i certainly missed mitro's penalty because of the standing, and actually the majority of people were complaining about people standing.

The club need to be ruthless and get rid of the nasty group, it isn't actually that many, but enough.

BestOfBrede

Totally agree with all the above and would add that surely flares are banned? If not they should be!
I wouldn't be surprised if the fl wouldn't use something like that to deduct points from teams that don't control it!!!

I was talking about the smoke flares, by the way, and not trousers 😁

Willham

This is all a very sad situation all around.

I also dont condone this behaviour, when I saw the title my first reaction was someone talking about a concert they went to recently, then I tried thinking about crowd surfing at a football game and how the logistics of that would work, the page loaded just as I disregarded the possibility of crowd surfing at football....

Now have I fell over into the row below me celebrating a goal? Yes, I cant remember where it was but I remember it very narrow and I lost my footing and fell into a load of guys in the row below, being a small boy I didnt do much harm and we all had a giggle and they pushed me back up to my feet. But even then I understood if I were bigger then it's like a domino effect... cant believe people are doing this on purpose... should be shamed!

At a hull city game with my dad and a hull fan randomly threw a bottle on the pitch (not at a player, ball at the other end, absolute no reason) but the part I loved was how every hull city fan turned on him. Shouted him out, pointed at him to the stewards, and all started chanting w**ker at the guy while the police took him out. Absolute highlight of the match for me 😂. This is what we should do know future! Your here to support and represent our team. Stop being an idiot.

flyingfish

Quote from: ALG01 on April 06, 2022, 12:10:34 PM
regarding all the above, especially Riversider.
Everyone on here is correct.

I have been to three away games this season including QPR and noticed that there is a nasty little group of so and soes that are genuinely spoiling the awayday. The club should havecctv and eliminate these people from ticket sales. This is premeditated bad behaviour and is in the group dynamic of stupidity.

I have had a number of run ins on social media with a few of them (I presume it is the culprits) that think it is everybody else wanting to spoil their fun. The truth is they are causing a genuine health hazard and I am now reconsidering whether the game at bournemouth will in fact be safe.

Actually awaydays are way less fun now as everyone stands, i can't see, i certainly missed mitro's penalty because of the standing, and actually the majority of people were complaining about people standing.

The club need to be ruthless and get rid of the nasty group, it isn't actually that many, but enough.

hear hear

I wanted to go to Bournemouth but I won't now as I can't guarantee the safety of my daughter. It's a real shame and I hope the club start looking at these incidents. A surge down the stairs will result in serious injury or death sooner or later - in this thread there is reference to incidents at Millwall, Bristol, Peterborough and QPR. There may be others? This is excessive

That's me out of away games until this all stops, and I'm a fit bloke in his forties.