watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I did the Fulham tour yesterday

Started by Riversider, April 06, 2022, 10:52:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

Can I just firstly say to anybody that hasn't done it yet, get yourself booked up it's extremely worthwhile and a great experience,
But two things I learnt from yesterday, firstly the roof on the Riverside Stand does indeed cover the lower tier and if the rain falls vertically on a day with no wind then the supporters in those seats should stay relatively dry, BUT if its windy and the rain gets blown about and falls at an angle (as it usually does) then those supporters will get soaked as the roof is so high
Secondly, Alex Ferguson was right !! Are changing rooms are terrible and I mean really terrible, if Jurgen Klopp takes over in the summer there is no way that he would accept those conditions,  one example there are only two urinals , how does that work at half time 🤔
Secondly, and you've got to trust me here, Neco Williams doesn't appear to have a seat, he has his own peg next to Mitro but nowhere to sit (it was the guide that pointed this our to us) so I asked the obvious question,  Will the changing rooms be moved to the new stand ? Apparently they won't be, if anybody on here has any knowledge as to why they aren't being moved then I would love to know, I've been in the England changing rooms at Wembley and the Tottenham changing rooms at White Hart Lane and we are light years behind those
One other thing just to bear in mind ,the best seats in the Johnny Haynes Stand are currently occupied by the Press Corp, if they move over to the Riverside Stand (the guide didn't know)then those seats would suddenly become some of the best seats in the ground, one to keep an eye on 😉

H4usuallysitting

Neco Williams.... that's correct - he's on loan...the loan deal didn't include a seat...

Grassy Noel

Neco only got awarded his peg after several stellar performance.

SuffolkWhite

I did the tour and thought the changing rooms perfect, small yes but team spirit must be better for it, and the bonus is that other teams won't like it!
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

clarkey

Honestly they don't need a peg and a seat, Treat them like namby pambies and they will play like that.

How fans can even suggest that the changing rooms are moved is quite beyond me. The Cottage has served for decades and is intrinsic to the tradition of the Club.

Jim©

I agree about the JH seats behind the media box.
My season ticket was just behind for a number of years (you also got to see replays from those media people too), and the view is superb. I will definitely be keeping an eye out for those prices for next season.

Grassy Noel

I recently took my grandson to the Spurs changing rooms. They  have everything. I received the equivalent of a yellow card when I started to twiddle with Hugo's personal information console which gives him valuable footage on stuff like penalty taker preferences. While being awe struck I was still determined to be a disruptive presence even if my efforts were somewhat pathetic (e g telling their staff that their pathetic bird mascot whose name they didn't even know was  not even in the same dimension as Billy the Badger.)

Southdowns White

The new changing rooms will go under the New Putney end stand at the cottage end, players will still use the craven cottage entrance though. Only a rumour though, passed on to me by someone with a very good imagination, I think. I used the changing rooms for a sponsor's friendly game a few years back, while not quite Barn Elms playing field standard from my school days, they were a bit tight.

Grassy Noel

At least with the new substitutes rule you can phase in urinal usage over the course of a match.

Bronaldinho

Can't agree more - done this in January.

Staff were incredibly knowledgable, friendly and really make an experience to never forget!
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Gezza

On the tour I am sure I was told that the two changing rooms are of a different size. We have to give the larger to the away team as the smaller does not meet minimum league requirements for an away dressing room.

Donnie Lonegan

Good post, I'm assuming not much has changed since I did the tour when Chris Coleman was playing for us.
There is just one word that always bugs the crap out of me, but I'll leave it at that. :003:

fulhamfan

if the changing rooms riled up Alex Ferguson then thats good enough for me.

filham

Quote from: fulhamfan on April 06, 2022, 03:46:04 PM
if the changing rooms riled up Alex Ferguson then thats good enough for me.
Yes, I remember well that great 2-0 victory over Man.U. when Scholes and Rooney picked up late red cards, an irate Ferguson blamed the small dressing room for the defeat. I agree we should keep the away dressing room as it is.
When I did the tour the smaller ,inferior, dressing room was the away dressing room.

Jules

I've played at the cottage a few times back in the day and I agree, they are small and cramped. I'd agree the club need to plan an alternative. I'd have planned for this within the new stand but may not have been possible due to being opposite side to where coach pulls up and players enter ground.

Riversider

Great news for the players,  the Club have announced today that the changing rooms are finally going to be revamped this summer as basically they are too small for Premier League football,
It's also been revealed that planning permission has been granted for a roof top members only 🍸 bar .

Grassy Noel

Quote from: Riversider on April 20, 2022, 03:21:35 PM
Great news for the players,  the Club have announced today that the changing rooms are finally going to be revamped this summer as basically they are too small for Premier League football,
It's also been revealed that planning permission has been granted for a roof top members only 🍸 bar .

Why do changing rooms have to bigger in the Premier League. Is it something to do with ego size?

bog

I did the tour a few years back and found the dressing rooms very atmospheric. To stand and think of all the players who had got changed in them. Haynes, Pele, Puskas, Fotheringham....... 

092.gif