watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Five away game run

Started by bobby01, April 07, 2022, 09:29:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobby01

3 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss. Pretty damn impressive.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

filham

This season must have produced our best ever away record.

toshes mate

A two point per game average over five consecutive away games has to be up there with the stellar performances at FFC.

Deeping_white

Quote from: filham on April 07, 2022, 09:58:53 AM

I think we need one more win to equal the most in one season which was the Tigana promotion season (currently on 13 and that season we had 14), although I'm sure Richard with his big book of stats will confirm or disprove me!

Ludlow Richard

We have scored 48 away goals in 20 games, at an average of 2.4 goals per away game. If we don't score any more goals in our three remaining away games we will end up on an average 2.087 goals per away game.

The only season in our history when we exceeded 2 goals per away game was in 1957/58 when we scored 44 away goals at an average of 2.095 goals per away game (21 away games played).

So in order to beat our record of 2.095 goals per game from 1957/58, we have to score one more away goal in our remaining three away games. That would take us to 2.13 goals per away game, a new FFC landmark, though hopefully we will score more than one away goal in the remaining three away games.

Apologies for using the word "away" so often in this post!

deadcowboys

Quote from: Ludlow Richard on April 07, 2022, 10:23:18 AM

We have scored 48 away goals in 20 games, at an average of 2.4 goals per away game. If we don't score any more goals in our three remaining away games we will end up on an average 2.087 goals per away game.

The only season in our history when we exceeded 2 goals per away game was in 1957/58 when we scored 44 away goals at an average of 2.095 goals per away game (21 away games played).

So in order to beat our record of 2.095 goals per game from 1957/58, we have to score one more away goal in our remaining three away games. That would take us to 2.13 goals per away game, a new FFC landmark, though hopefully we will score more than one away goal in the remaining three away games.

Apologies for using the word "away" so often in this post!

I think we'll let you get away with that.

Ludlow Richard

Quote from: Deeping_white on April 07, 2022, 10:05:42 AM

I think we need one more win to equal the most in one season which was the Tigana promotion season (currently on 13 and that season we had 14), although I'm sure Richard with his big book of stats will confirm or disprove me!

We have 13 away wins, Tigana's team had 14. So a win at two of our favourite opponents (Derby and Bournemouth) will set a new away record of 15 wins.