News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Once we secure promotion, who will get game time?

Started by Jeroen, April 07, 2022, 10:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeroen

We should have 5 orso games left after we secure promotion.
How do we thing will and should get game time from the players that haven't yet;

- youngester like stansfield & Hilton
- The enigma that is Kongolo (to prove that he can stay fit)
- do we bench Carvalho?
- who else?

Or do we just stick with the team and ride it out?

blingo

Twig

Give one or two promising youngsters a chance. If not now, then when?

Whitestone

Once promotion is in the bag we move on to the next target which is going up as champions. Perhaps then the manager will consider opportunities for others.

The Rational Fan

FFP will determine what we can spend, due to spending an enormous amount to stay up in 20/21, and spending a lot this season. Therefore, if we want to meet FFP over the three year cycle we will need to spend less than previous premier league seasons.

Jeroen

Would you play Kongolo to proof is he can stay fit? We all know he is a quality Prem player, but issues with fitness seems to prevent him from playing (even in the U23)

Would a few starts this season give us an idea if he is worth gambling on for next season?

f321ffc

Can't see any experimental changes until champions confirmed and probably net even then, there are records to be beaten.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

love4ffc

I wouldn't mind seeing Stansfield & Hilton given some game time. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Jeroen on April 07, 2022, 11:07:37 PM
Would you play Kongolo to proof is he can stay fit? We all know he is a quality Prem player, but issues with fitness seems to prevent him from playing (even in the U23)

Would a few starts this season give us an idea if he is worth gambling on for next season?

Kongolo is owned by the club next season, there is not much point testing his body now because he will probably just get injured and we will still have to pay his wages anyway. We need to test Hector because we have an option on him and he maybe good with Tosin.

PaulJ123

Stansfield and Hilton for sure. Give them a go in the 10 role.

@jolslover

Kongolo and would like to see Muniz get more sub appearances- I wouldn't play youngsters for the sake of it only players who are good enough.
STH H3

lomotd

Quote from: @jolslover on April 08, 2022, 09:26:02 AM
Kongolo and would like to see Muniz get more sub appearances- I wouldn't play youngsters for the sake of it only players who are good enough.

Agree with Muniz but you know if Mitro is anywhere near Guy Whittingham's 2nd tier record of 42 goals he is gonna insist on playing every minute!

filham

Quote from: f321ffc on April 07, 2022, 11:45:47 PM
Can't see any experimental changes until champions confirmed and probably net even then, there are records to be beaten.
When we are arithmetically promoted the priority has to be premier league survival and to this end we have to start thinking of next seasons line up.
In particular who replaces Ream and Carvalho.
Yes it will be nice to see a few records broken but not if they lead to another relegation season.

Lordedmundo

Quote from: Jeroen on April 07, 2022, 11:07:37 PM

I think you make a good point - that if Kongolo is not even playing regularly for the U23's (only three appearances in total - and one this year), then he is probably still not sufficiently recovered from his injury to sustain the rigours of competive football.  That begs the question - will he ever be?  I really hope he can comeback, but it is looking increasingly unlikely.

Lordedmundo

Yes to Stansfield, Hilton and Pajaziti. I would love to see Muniz get more game time, but it should not be at the expense of Mitro whilst he is chasing the record. That said - he could be subbed on more regularly for Mitro for at least the last 15 mins or so...

If Carvalho is definitely leaving, then he should be one to make way (for Stansfield) and I see no reason why Pajaziti should not be given a go ahead of Chalobah and Onomah.

bobbo

1975 just leaving home full of hope

ffc73

Our run in is
Bournemouth 2nd
Forest 5th
Luton 4th
Sheffield 6th

Cannot see much experimentation wriggle room with those fixtures when we have records in sight & will want to finish the season strongly

Count Flapula

Was thinking exaclty this earlier.

I think we won't see wholesale changes while we are still trying to win the league/get to 100 goals/Mitro goalscoring record and a large part of me thinks rightly so.

That said, and within the context of 2 previous PL seasons where apolicy of making a large number of squad changes has mostly failed/FFP considerations potentially being in play (or not, who knows), I wouldn't mind seeing:

- Any combination of Hector/Mawson/Konoglo at CB. The last 2 have PL pedigree prior to their catalogue of serious injuries. Also, Mawson and Hector were both excellent against Leeds in the 0-0 earlier in the season - our best players in that game in fact. They have been hugely unlucky (in a sense) with the form of Ream and Tosin, so maybe a run of games at the end of the season to assess what they have gives at least one a chance to prove they are worthy of a chance in the squad for the PL/may save us having to buy one of the much needed CBs (presently think we need 2 or even 3 new ones of PL calibre). Long shot, but worth looking at.
- Neco at LB (ONLY IF we plan on making the transfer permanent). Quality-wise, he and Tete are our best full backs. Neco is very 2-footed and plays there for Wales - if he does well there over a run of games then Maybe he and Tete can both play on either flanks next season, plus we can sell one of Bryan or Robinson for FFP considerations.
- Muniz starting up top if/as soon as Mitro gets to 43 goals. Give Mitro a rest and lets see what Muniz can do with more minutes.
- IF we have promising a No. 10 coming through (Stansfield/Hilton/other) - or any other position - let's have a look at them if they are ready now rather than throw them in untested in the Prem - a much better way to build their confidence IMO.

If we can give any fringe/younger players a chance and they prove their worth, that's potentially one less player we need to bring in during the summer.

WindyCity

<<Once we secure promotion, who will get game time?>>

Stansfield, Muniz, Kongolo

Twig

Quote from: The Rational Fan on April 07, 2022, 10:48:45 PM
FFP will determine what we can spend, due to spending an enormous amount to stay up in 20/21, and spending a lot this season. Therefore, if we want to meet FFP over the three year cycle we will need to spend less than previous premier league seasons.

This (regrettably).