watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

premier league, who needs it.

Started by jarv, April 08, 2022, 09:44:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

I am so pleased Fulham are doing so well but dislike the premier for it's greed and corruption (or unfair playing field).

Man city, dirty money from Saudi.

Liverpool, now 2 young players stolen from Fulham for a fraction of their value. (Elliot and Carvalho).

Newcastle, remains to be seen.

I really hope city are found out given today's accusations. Deduct at least 20 points and ban transfers in would fix it if it turns out to be cheating.

Andy S

I agree. Jars but it is still nice to be going back there. It's difficult to compete when it isn't an even playing field. Some people think it is the best league in the world and they could well be right. There is certainly more money in the premier which in turn brings the best players. For my money though the most exciting league is the championship. Mainly because the same team can not win it two seasons on the trot. I have enjoyed being a yo-yo club for a few seasons and watch us build season upon season. It could be that next season we will get there and stay there for at least a few seasons.

filham

Agree Jarv but think of all those big matches at the Cottage with a full house and full media attention.
It really is the place to be.
Can't wait to see who we play in the 1st match at the Cottage.

Twig

But that's not quite true is it? Elliott wasn't one of ours we got him for nothing and he was only with us less than two years before going to Liverpool. For that we made c. £5 m if you include staged payments and appearance bonuses. Hardly stolen from us.

However I do have considerable sympathy with your point about corruption and ownership issues. So whilst I always want to watch FFC in the top flight I certainly share some of your reservations.

ALG01

I agree with the OP

I want to be in the prem and prefer to be struggling it there than running away with this. As lomng as we make a fight of it and survive!

But I do hate the big clubs and how the manipulate the rules and officials. I do think it (the prem) is a very corrupt institution if not financially then certainly morally. Nothing the prem or the top teams do is for the betterment of the game but only for their own self interest. There is way to much money in football and the players disreputably try to cheat their way through games. Breaking the rules isn't part of the game it is cheating. The referees are dreadful and not held to account. They are human and make errors but I wish they would explain their decisions and then at least we would all know how they come to make perverse decisions. I do doubt four or five refs in terms of integrity because poor refs tend to be poor for both sides but there are others who no doubt I will name again next season that only give it one way.

I will be sorry not to plauy more often at 3pm on a saturday but we have done that that much this season recently.

But I do like playing the big boys because playing the best is where it is at.
Can you get to that? (a gold star for anyone not in my family that names the reference work).

WindyCity

Quote from: Andy S on April 08, 2022, 10:27:18 AM
I have enjoyed being a yo-yo club for a few seasons.....

Not me.  I don't like the yo-yo at all.

Assuming we go up, and it does look very promising, I'd like to see FFC build for a mid table type of season, not just doing barely enough to finish 17th.  If they go bare minimum, I think we will be disappointed with the seasons' results.

FFC should be looking to be a side similar to Palace.  Palace has been a solid mid table side since their last promotion.  And they seem to beat a top team (or several) almost every season.  Would be nice to stay in top flight for a handful of seasons.....

Jules

Quote from: WindyCity on April 08, 2022, 04:32:49 PM

Not me.  I don't like the yo-yo at all.

Assuming we go up, and it does look very promising, I'd like to see FFC build for a mid table type of season, not just doing barely enough to finish 17th.  If they go bare minimum, I think we will be disappointed with the seasons' results.

FFC should be looking to be a side similar to Palace.  Palace has been a solid mid table side since their last promotion.  And they seem to beat a top team (or several) almost every season.  Would be nice to stay in top flight for a handful of seasons.....

Agree with you but we must aim for survival first season back. It's going to be tough as it always is for promoted teams. Would happily take 17th place position if offered. We can build again season after.

WindyCity

Quote from: Jules on April 08, 2022, 04:42:31 PM
Not me.  I don't like the yo-yo at all.  Assuming we go up, and it does look very promising, I'd like to see FFC build for a mid table type of season, not just doing barely enough to finish 17th.  If they go bare minimum, I think we will be disappointed with the seasons' results.  FFC should be looking to be a side similar to Palace.  Palace has been a solid mid table side since their last promotion.  And they seem to beat a top team (or several) almost every season.  Would be nice to stay in top flight for a handful of seasons.....
Agree with you but we must aim for survival first season back. It's going to be tough as it always is for promoted teams. Would happily take 17th place position if offered. We can build again season after.

Don't get me wrong, I too would happily take 17th next season.  That said, if FFC builds ONLY to barely scrape by/stay up, then I do think there's very good chance we'll do the yo-yo yet once again.  A lot depends on what ownership/management does to strengthen this club during the off season.  Methinks at least 2-3 new faces of prem quality (and that's bare minimum) but perhaps as many as 5-6 players.  Fingers crossed for early promotion this season and a successful upgrade heading into top flight.

Twig

Quote from: WindyCity on April 08, 2022, 04:51:30 PM
Quote from: Jules on April 08, 2022, 04:42:31 PM
Not me.  I don't like the yo-yo at all.  Assuming we go up, and it does look very promising, I'd like to see FFC build for a mid table type of season, not just doing barely enough to finish 17th.  If they go bare minimum, I think we will be disappointed with the seasons' results.  FFC should be looking to be a side similar to Palace.  Palace has been a solid mid table side since their last promotion.  And they seem to beat a top team (or several) almost every season.  Would be nice to stay in top flight for a handful of seasons.....

Don't get me wrong, I too would happily take 17th next season.  That said, if FFC builds ONLY to barely scrape by/stay up, then I do think there's very good chance we'll do the yo-yo yet once again.  A lot depends on what ownership/management does to strengthen this club during the off season.  Methinks at least 2-3 new faces of prem quality (and that's bare minimum) but perhaps as many as 5-6 players.  Fingers crossed for early promotion this season and a successful upgrade heading into top flight.

In theory I agree but we've all had a chance to look at the accounts (and the impact on FFP) and even given the different regime in the Prem it looks as though we will have to be very careful what we spend.

Stevieboy

Quote from: ALG01 on April 08, 2022, 02:37:36 PM
I agree with the OP

I want to be in the prem and prefer to be struggling it there than running away with this. As lomng as we make a fight of it and survive!

But I do hate the big clubs and how the manipulate the rules and officials. I do think it (the prem) is a very corrupt institution if not financially then certainly morally. Nothing the prem or the top teams do is for the betterment of the game but only for their own self interest. There is way to much money in football and the players disreputably try to cheat their way through games. Breaking the rules isn't part of the game it is cheating. The referees are dreadful and not held to account. They are human and make errors but I wish they would explain their decisions and then at least we would all know how they come to make perverse decisions. I do doubt four or five refs in terms of integrity because poor refs tend to be poor for both sides but there are others who no doubt I will name again next season that only give it one way.

I will be sorry not to plauy more often at 3pm on a saturday but we have done that that much this season recently.

But I do like playing the big boys because playing the best is where it is at.
Can you get to that? (a gold star for anyone not in my family that names the reference work).

The. Commentators are just as bad, citing cheating as acceptable if it's their darlings and condemning everybody else.