Another fixture change. FFS

Started by f321ffc, April 08, 2022, 05:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

f321ffc

Luton home now Monday 2 May 5 - 15 KO
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

love4ffc

5:30 KO on a Tuesday??!!  They have to be joking! 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

SP

My 100% home attendance this season has been blown out the water.

f321ffc

Quote from: love4ffc on April 08, 2022, 05:19:04 PM
Sorry had a senior moment there, I have edited to Monday 5 -15
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Baston White

Absolute joke!!!
Thats another Saturday game moved!!
Bank Holiday Monday!!

Deeping_white

That means that in 2022 we'll only have 2 Championship Saturday 3pm fixtures which is a complete farce

sarnian

No District line trains that weekend either 075.gif

filham

Thinking that it was too late for anymore fixture changes I have just booked a 5 day holiday from 2nd to 6th May. Blast !!

There really are too many fixture changes by far., and this one is our final home game.

What is the reason for it other than perhaps it took Sky's fancy at a late stage.

mrmicawbers

I could maybe understand if every EFL club got 50 million instead of 5.Think they need a serious rethink. Methinks.

Ronnief

Why cannot these TV companies link up with the Football Leagues to arrange matches for TV to be arranged for the season, then the short changes of matches would be avoided. Its not impossible but am I living in cloud cuckoo land? 092.gif

Southcoastffc

Quote from: love4ffc on April 08, 2022, 05:19:04 PM
5.15 on a Monday (Bank Holiday) you mean surely?

And if anyone thinks this season's fixture changes are tiresome, wait until next season!  God bless tv eh?  :protest card:
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Sgt Fulham

Wanted to see off the lads for one last time but now I cant. Thanks.

Andy S

What are we worried about, we will be playing our reserves by then. But in all honesty it does nothing for the home supporters who expect to be able to say thanks for a great season

SG

Surely by now everyone has realised we fans are of secondary importance. It will be even worse next season but we'll have the consolation of markedly increased income

Wingnut

Absolute joke. How many games have been changed this season?
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

The Cravenette

Hoping they don't change the Bournemouth game last minute.

MaidenheadMick

Sky have chosen this game as its virtually guaranteed that this will be the game where we are presented with the Championship Trophy. As they aren't allowed to televise 3pm kick offs on a Saturday, they've chosen us for the Bank Holiday fixture. Purely for the Trophy presentation, nothing else. Bloody annoying I know

Colton F.C.

Easter period Underground closures here:

https://www.enfieldindependent.co.uk/news/20048301.london-underground-easter-weekend-service-closures/

It is a bit of a hotch potch but it looks like Putney Bridge Station will be open.

EastEndWhite

Quote from: Colton F.C. on April 09, 2022, 09:33:41 AM
Easter period Underground closures here:

https://www.enfieldindependent.co.uk/news/20048301.london-underground-easter-weekend-service-closures/

It is a bit of a hotch potch but it looks like Putney Bridge Station will be open.

From the TFL website

"DISTRICT LINE: Saturday 30 April, Sunday 1 and Monday 2 May, no service between Earls Court and Wimbledon. Replacement buses operate."

https://tfl.gov.uk/tube-dlr-overground/status/?Input=&lineIds=&dateTypeSelect=Future%20date&direction=&startDate=2022-05-01T00%3a00%3a00&endDate=2022-05-01T23%3a59%3a59#

Arthur

Quote from: Ronnief on April 08, 2022, 06:56:12 PM
Why cannot these TV companies link up with the Football Leagues to arrange matches for TV to be arranged for the season, then the short changes of matches would be avoided. Its not impossible but am I living in cloud cuckoo land? 092.gif

Sky, understandably, want to show matches that have relevance to the league table. Who knew, before the season started, the Luton fixture would see our opponents battling to make the play-offs while we are presented with the Championship trophy?

Moreover, the Club, itself have, this month, been as culpable as Sky - moving both the Coventry and Preston fixtures to give the players three days rest between matches rather than two.