watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Steve Cooper

Started by perry geyton, April 10, 2022, 01:42:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

perry geyton

I remember when he was on our short list and I for one really wanted him to get the job, yet a lot of the Fulham Faithful weren't interested cos apparently he wasn't proven and he also looked weird which personally I thought was a good quality cos so do I and I'm magnificent too..

Anyways what a job he's done at Forest on a budget, with zero parachute cash to play with, don't get me wrong I love what Marco's done but I can't help but feel he's the one that got away...

As I said not slagging Marco "I'm super grateful"  but you've gotta wonder

Hatch007

Gotta wonder what?

Could we already be promoted with more wins and more goals scored?

Not decrying what Cooper has achieved which is a magnificent achievement but I in no way think he'd have been an upgrade on Silva which is what you might be suggesting.

Apologies if I've misinterpreted your sentiments.

perry geyton

Quote from: Hatch007 on April 10, 2022, 02:50:11 AM
Gotta wonder what?

Could we already be promoted with more wins and more goals scored?

Not decrying what Cooper has achieved which is a magnificent achievement but I in no way think he'd have been an upgrade on Silva which is what you might be suggesting.

Apologies if I've misinterpreted your sentiments.
Neither am I but when his name was on the shortlist before Marco had even been mentioned were you a yay or a nay ?

The Rational Fan

Marco Silva has exceeded all expectations, but if Steve Cooper gets automatic promotion then that is more impressive.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: perry geyton on April 10, 2022, 01:42:48 AM
I remember when he was on our short list and I for one really wanted him to get the job, yet a lot of the Fulham Faithful weren't interested cos apparently he wasn't proven and he also looked weird which personally I thought was a good quality cos so do I and I'm magnificent too..

Anyways what a job he's done at Forest on a budget, with zero parachute cash to play with, don't get me wrong I love what Marco's done but I can't help but feel he's the one that got away...

As I said not slagging Marco "I'm super grateful"  but you've gotta wonder

Cooper was never on our shortlist.
A certain poster on here said he'd talked to Fulham and had agreed terms and all that nonsense.
Well I can assure you that Fulham were never in contact with Cooper,or Swansea for that fact.
Silva was the only man our owner was after and was already in talks with him,when that poster who is always in the so called knowhow put the story up.
He also said Slava ex assistant was coming in as DoF,when he also hadn't been near the club.

FFC1987

Only really makes sense making statements like this if say, we fail next year and go straight back down and Forest go up and stay up really. At this stage, could we really ask for anymore from this team!? Seems bizarre to me. Like Cooper, good manager but Silva's done a fantastic job. And just an FYI, Forest aren't a team on budget. They tend to scale quite high on the wage front and have always been a bit of a underachiever with the squads they have.

Marcel_Gecov

TBF a team with players such as Brennan Johnson, James Garner, Keinan Davis and Djed Spence really should be in the conversation to get promoted via playoffs if not automatically so Id say whilst he has done well, he's acheived what would be expected. All 4 of us those players id be happy with us signing (James Garner probs most).