watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Last seasons top two

Started by Andy S, April 10, 2022, 11:18:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

Will both be relegated from the premier league while the side that will finish third will stay up. What can we learn from that?

Wingnut

That the gap between the two divisions is huge, and that 17th or higher next season would equal or even better what we've achieved this season. I wouldn't read too much into the fact that Brentford are going to stay up. I think they'll get relegated next season. Better to focus on a team like Wolves who've managed to establish themselves as a PL club.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Tabby

And the season before that the team that went up as champions stayed up and the other two were relegated. And the season before that the champions went down and the other two stayed up.

The Rational Fan

The lesson is "to stay up a club in its first season has to finish above the other promoted teams". Marco Silva needs to study the teams going up, to ensure we win all four games next season against the promoted teams, 12 points will help a lot.

Baszab

The key will be to score more goals than the opponents in at least 9 matches I think

Blawarmy

That Brentford got Christian Eriksen or they would have joined them.

ChesterTheTabby

Two of the relegated teams and two of the promoted teams are swapping places next season. The era of rebel YoYo clubs is well and truly upon us.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Nero

If you attack you stand a better of of staying up especially against the teams around you

perry geyton

Keep the core of your squad
Spend wisely
Make the new signings earn their place
Don't sack your manager after 5 games

Tabby

Quote from: perry geyton on April 10, 2022, 02:14:01 PM
Keep the core of your squad
Spend wisely
Make the new signings earn their place
Don't sack your manager after 5 games

We kept our manager for the whole season and the new signings for Leeds and Brentford walked straight into the team. The main thing I see as a common denominator between teams that have stayed up is that they have a clear identity. The only real exception to this rule is Aston Villa who scraped by on a point.

The Old Count

Most of the teams that manage to stay up have a strong start to the season.

Logicalman

Quote from: The Rational Fan on April 10, 2022, 11:57:40 AM
The lesson is "to stay up a club in its first season has to finish above the other promoted teams". Marco Silva needs to study the teams going up, to ensure we win all four games next season against the promoted teams, 12 points will help a lot.

Lets pray that Coventry doesn't make it into and through the play offs then!!
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.