more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Harrison Reed as the Advanced CM

Started by Rambler, April 10, 2022, 05:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambler

Enough is enough.

When will Marco realise that trying to shove this square peg in a round hole just will not work.
He is a great DM, breaking up play and marshalling the defense but really is hopeless as the creative advanced CM. This experiment really needs to end now.

I genuinely feel part of the reason we haven't been dominating teams so much these days comes from the CM pairing which has been unsettled and looks disjointed. We need TC in there with either seri or Reed as the DM. It's far more balanced.

HV71

Quote from: Rambler on April 10, 2022, 05:45:59 PM
Enough is enough.

When will Marco realise that trying to shove this square peg in a round hole just will not work.
He is a great DM, breaking up play and marshalling the defense but really is hopeless as the creative advanced CM. This experiment really needs to end now.

I genuinely feel part of the reason we haven't been dominating teams so much these days comes from the CM pairing which has been unsettled and looks disjointed. We need TC in there with either seri or Reed as the DM. It's far more balanced.

Agree with this - my heart sank when I saw the team sheet today

Twig

Deeping_white

I wish he'd stop playing teachers pet Chalobah alongside Reed because the two of them have the creativity of a plank of wood and 0 ball retention skills. People keep saying he's PL quality but a decent DM has his work rate and tackling skills but can also pass the ball more than 5 yards, and next season when we need to make the ball count as we'll have less of it, he's going to be a hindrance with 0 attacking output

Bill2

Chalobah is a sub who you bring on in the final minutes when you have a single goal lead. Otherwise Reed and Seri or TC.

SG

Agreed. I'm surprised he waited until half time to change it

ChesterTheTabby

Never, EVER, under ANY circumstance should Chalobah and Reed be in CM together. Reed is a fine DM, nothing more. He is no goal threat, and he's got energy and tenacity for days in his ability to block attackers and marshall the defense. Get past the half way line and it's over.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

WolverineFFC

Quote from: Deeping_white on April 10, 2022, 06:04:40 PM
I wish he'd stop playing teachers pet Chalobah alongside Reed because the two of them have the creativity of a plank of wood and 0 ball retention skills. People keep saying he's PL quality but a decent DM has his work rate and tackling skills but can also pass the ball more than 5 yards, and next season when we need to make the ball count as we'll have less of it, he's going to be a hindrance with 0 attacking output

I get the impression Marco is waiting for the Chalobah he had at Watford to show up. With all of his injuries since then, I don't think he has the legs in him to be that player again.

Whitestone

Agree with pretty much everything other posters are saying. The non selection of Seri was a mistake by Silva who must shoulder the responsibility for what took place. It's easy to criticise Chalobah and Reed but it is Silva who has repeatedly asked Reed to play a role he is totally unsuited too. On top of that Reed had a terrible first half today and could just as easily have been hooked instead of Chalobah at half time.

filham

Our midfield is a problem are, the first step towards improvement has to be the return of either Seri or Cairney.

SG

Why is Seri not getting games. He has run the show for over half a season and now sits on the bench throughout. Mystifying

The Rational Fan

Quote from: SG on April 11, 2022, 06:57:23 AM
Why is Seri not getting games. He has run the show for over half a season and now sits on the bench throughout. Mystifying

Fulham hasn't reported exercising Seri's option for next season yet and Chalobah is a cheaper option for next season's backup defensive midfielder, so maybe FFC is thinking of saving there and having a little extra money for other positions.

Bassey the warrior

I'd like to see him try the Cairney role, I've noticed he's considerably reduced the number of killer through balls and playing further forward may increase them.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: The Rational Fan on April 11, 2022, 07:16:43 AM

Fulham hasn't reported exercising Seri's option for next season yet and Chalobah is a cheaper option for next season's backup defensive midfielder, so maybe FFC is thinking of saving there and having a little extra money for other positions.

Chalobah isn't good enough, that would be a big mistake. There's a reason Watford let him go on a free.

Twig

Quote from: The Rational Fan on April 11, 2022, 07:16:43 AM

If they are then that would be a huge mistake.

Bronaldinho

Yeah, I have a feeling Seri isn't agreeing a new deal, and that's explaining why his absence. Otherwise, I don't get how he doesn't get in the side when there is no TC available.

Reed needs to be a 6.

Chalobah (I feel like I've said this a lot), doesn't excel in any role. He's got a bit of everything, but he's not a standout in any role, unlike Reed or TC etc.

When Onomah is coming on, and Seri stays seated, it speaks volumes.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

toshes mate

Shock - Harrison Reed has to play two midfield roles as FFC struggle to find an answer to their midfield conundrum, and he fails. 

IMO neither Chalobah nor Seri (on recent appearances - far too casual) are up to the midfield task and that is creating issues elsewhere.   We got midfield wrong last season and it is proving to be a difficulty again when players don't show.  Whoever is midfield coach needs to crack a whip.  I have always maintained that our former head coach should never have loaned out Johansen who was a great game reader with all round ability too.   I believe an unbalanced midfield causes issues for our defenders in addition to attacks breaking down.  Carvalho sometimes does better supporting the midfield effort but he too cannot cover two roles which is always a problem when we go behind.

It is the one area where we could do with a really aggressive and sharp influence to disrupt opponents.   We have had this problem for a while, but sometimes the team overall is capable of overcoming it and reducing it to no problem.  Didn't work at all well yesterday but was better second half.

vancouver

Our midfield in general is lacking dynamism. We haven't really won games by dominating the midfield. But by Mitro/Wilson/Kebano/Carvalho being clinical. Reed is a great first cover choice, however we need a prem level midfield duo soon....

JackHamlet90

Our midfield has no chance Reed is not an attacking midfielder & Fabio doesn't want to be there
I would happily go back to a midfield of Reed Onomah Cairney as the 3. Seri not playing makes no sense I have to say

filham

The first name on the team sheet against Derby has to be either Cairney or Seri otherwise we are seriously facing coming home without a goal to our credit. Wilson, Mitro and Kebano are good up top but they do need a playmaker behind them.