watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just got back

Started by Peabody, April 10, 2022, 06:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

No complaints today, the second goal felt decisive.

Although the ref did ok by Championship standards, I was disapointed with 1 minute added on for the first half after 2 goals & so much time wasting.

LittleErn

We played well below our usual standards especially in making poor passes that gave the ball away. Coventry rarely made a bad pass in the first half and the receivers took them in their stride with good control. They rarely held on to the ball individually but moved it on quickly. Let's give them credit for a good game plan well carried out. Even so, we hit the woodwork twice and their goalie had a great game. Without two glaring errors in defence we would have had at least a draw.

ianthailand

Quote from: Peabody on April 10, 2022, 07:36:45 PM
Forgot to say, we did hit the bar, twice I think.
Peabody, they played like they'd hit too many bars, all with optics behind them.

RaySmith

Quote from: Stevieboy on April 10, 2022, 08:54:39 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on April 10, 2022, 07:18:44 PM
Two of the goals were defensive mistakes. While Coventry were on top for most of the game the blunder by Ream for the third goal was poor. The mistake by the keeper happens from time to time. In the Prem we have to be quicker in defence. Whenever we are put under pressure we look like panicking and conceding.

Going forward we looked ok as usual. Made plenty of chances.

Why is Rodak throwing the ball to Ream, who obviously didnt expect it as he shaped to throw it to Robinson initially, in the last minutes of the game??
I would put that down to a Rodak mistake rather than Ream.

Ream saved us so many times with last ditch tackles and blocks,  don't know how many we would have conceded without him - his passing was also generally good.

MickTheBeard

Yes even though the right back loan from Liverpool has promise dropping tete was strange as defensive minded player was required,bringing on seri maybe,but at Barnsley he was taken off half time because he could not handle the physical side of the game and they knocked him off the ball at will.It does worry me that silva likes nice boys,in the premier league they are better players pass better,tackle better,and think quicker,even though ream is showing his age he is the only leader out their,that will be a big factor next year,I'm not convinced we have a basics of a team yet,watching the welsh boys at the moment on loan on the right side if I was playing I would worry what to do ,do I tackle them or do I kiss them that's my opinion.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: RaySmith on April 11, 2022, 04:50:28 AM
Quote from: Stevieboy on April 10, 2022, 08:54:39 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on April 10, 2022, 07:18:44 PM
Two of the goals were defensive mistakes. While Coventry were on top for most of the game the blunder by Ream for the third goal was poor. The mistake by the keeper happens from time to time. In the Prem we have to be quicker in defence. Whenever we are put under pressure we look like panicking and conceding.

Going forward we looked ok as usual. Made plenty of chances.

Why is Rodak throwing the ball to Ream, who obviously didnt expect it as he shaped to throw it to Robinson initially, in the last minutes of the game??
I would put that down to a Rodak mistake rather than Ream.

Ream saved us so many times with last ditch tackles and blocks,  don't know how many we would have conceded without him - his passing was also generally good.

Agree.
Rodak dropped him in it with that pass, with 2 players close behind him waiting to pounce.
Ream had no chance really unless he had just swung his boot.
Whatever happened to "Man On"
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES