watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just got back

Started by Peabody, April 10, 2022, 06:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

We never deserved anything today, they were better in all departments.

They were quicker and more direct. Woeful in the first half, slightly better in the second. That's all

blingo

Fulham Tup North

Last time Coventry beat us we win our next 7... scoring 25 goals in the process..... hopefully this will be another kick up the backside....
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

SG

Been looking forward to this game for days. Three hour journey and 3 trains each way thanks to Sunday engineering and typically Fulham blow it.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: SG on April 10, 2022, 06:17:34 PM
Been looking forward to this game for days. Three hour journey and 3 trains each way thanks to Sunday engineering and typically Fulham blow it.
Fulhamish is alive and well.....
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Stoneleigh Loyalist

4 defeats at home and 3 away and the only team to have beaten us by 1 goal not just once but twice!
Forest and Luton will come at us at the Cottage.

Black and White Town

Really poor.
I don't think we were well set up tactically, and nearly every player was below par.

Bit of a wake up call for the improvement we need to make to be competitive in the Prem.

Blawarmy

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on April 10, 2022, 06:24:13 PM
4 defeats at home and 3 away and the only team to have beaten us by 1 goal not just once but twice!
Forest and Luton will come at us at the Cottage.
Bogey team. 

SuffolkWhite

There is always a team that does the double over you well done Coventry. Roll on the next game. I think we are up anyway but I think we all want to be Champions.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Jules

When I saw Reed and Chalobah on the team sheet as our 2 cm's I had a bad feeling about it. Most of the team played well below par and looked jaded, almost like an end of season 'on the beach' performance. We picked it up a little 2nd half in spells but Coventry were the better team and exposed our predictable slow play and defensive frailties. I think we need a few days to regroup. Silva needs to get Seri back in the centre (in place of Chalobah) and the team need to find the motivation to fight to win the games for promotion. The incentive is there. COYW

bencher

There was far too much pre-match talk of "promotion is within our grasp" etc etc. I think Coventry saw that as arrogant and they were well fired up. I suspect they also felt that they were deserved winners in the away match and wanted to prove it today.

There was a distinct lack of movement and crispness in the passing first half, but what bothered me was it should have been foreseeable, as Reed and Chalobah will always play the safe passes if there are any pressing player approaching. Today really needed Seri to play his way through the lines with a nice drop of the shoulder and a forward pass.

bobbo

You got it Peabody . And I so wanted us to punish them big time because of the Matt godden dive at their ground . But honest as I always like to be , they were better and did a job on us.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

WolverineFFC

Quote from: Black and White Town on April 10, 2022, 06:30:23 PM
Really poor.
I don't think we were well set up tactically, and nearly every player was below par.

Bit of a wake up call for the improvement we need to make to be competitive in the Prem.

Agree on your sentiments about the tactics. The players were poor, but the coaching staff share some of the responsibility with the inadequate set up and slow adjustments.

AJW48361

With the depth of squad we've got why give Coventry a extra day preparation to play us away. Crazy decision.

Lighthouse

Two of the goals were defensive mistakes. While Coventry were on top for most of the game the blunder by Ream for the third goal was poor. The mistake by the keeper happens from time to time. In the Prem we have to be quicker in defence. Whenever we are put under pressure we look like panicking and conceding.

Going forward we looked ok as usual. Made plenty of chances.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Peabody

Forgot to say, we did hit the bar, twice I think.

Carborundum

Gyokheres was amazing.  Jarrod Bowen for Hull amazing.  Clearly premier league quality, unlikely to be at Coventry next year and the best thing to come out of today would be for us to make a move for him.

I'm torn between the urge to dissect every mistake or reflect that we are top of the league and days like this happen in the Championship.  It reminded me of Rugby League, not that it was excessively physical, but because in that sport, wanting it more than the opposition matters a very great deal.  So it was today.

For the first time this season, I'm most disappointed with the gaffer.  Dropping Tete after a clean sheet at 'Boro doesn't feel right.  Not putting anyone at right back when Williams went off is bonkers.  But most of all, when a team presses as hard as Coventry, you need a player who can break the press by threading a ball through the eye of a needle.  We have that player.  He sat on the bench all afternoon.  What exactly does Seri have to do to get a kick?

St Eve

It just proves that there is a lot of work to be done. We lost to Coventry at home. Next year we play City, United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal........

Stevieboy

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 10, 2022, 07:18:44 PM
Two of the goals were defensive mistakes. While Coventry were on top for most of the game the blunder by Ream for the third goal was poor. The mistake by the keeper happens from time to time. In the Prem we have to be quicker in defence. Whenever we are put under pressure we look like panicking and conceding.

Going forward we looked ok as usual. Made plenty of chances.

Why is Rodak throwing the ball to Ream, who obviously didnt expect it as he shaped to throw it to Robinson initially, in the last minutes of the game??
I would put that down to a Rodak mistake rather than Ream.

fcfulham55

28 shots on goal 18 conceded (high too)

Coventry had nothing to play for with no fear, although not over the line was expecting to see us more relaxed and not panicked on the ball.

Fulham were the better team. Being behind the goal so many chance flashed passed the posts/ bar. Including hitting it once in each half.

Coventry can have the. "Done the double over arguably one of the best sides in the championship ever trophy"  and see where that gets them as we leave them behind.
Sent from my Nokia 3310