watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Minding my own business….

Started by Ara's bacon crisps, April 11, 2022, 12:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ara's bacon crisps

...watching the match from halfway up H5 yesterday when I got clobbered on the back of the head by a chunky vape pen chucked from behind me ten minutes from the end. Was just glad I wasn't turning around at the time and talking to my mates in the row behind or it would have hit me smack on the glasses. My mate reported it to the stewards, so we'll see if anything happens, and then wryly remarked that at least it missed my brain by six feet.

Probably just more social media inspired nonsense from our younger fans, but why would you chuck stuff at your own fans? As has been said on here before, someone is going to get seriously injured one day, the way things are going and a grand to sit safely in the new Riverside is suddenly looking slightly more appealing.

Still, they'd probably wonder why I'm complaining as presumably I am a star on TikTok today.

Twig

I think, to your credit, you've been quite sanguine about it.

SP

HV71

Quote from: Twig on April 11, 2022, 09:10:08 PM
I think, to your credit, you've been quite sanguine about it.

Agreed - you are a far better man than I. I have decided to move to the Riverside - I'm fed up with the poor view from behind the goal - coke sniffing in the loos , things being thrown , useless stewards. However that is in the Putney End with the away fans and not in the home end. Maybe I'm just getting old but I go to a game to watch a game of football and support my club ( no matter what the result ) . Why is that becoming difficult ? Full credit to you as Twig says for being so sanguine.

FFCFOREVER

I just don't understand these cockwombles that think its ok to throw stuff at other people whether it be players, staff, fans or whatever. There are kids that attend these games for crying out loud. Sadly it seems to creeping into the game and within the European leagues its rife. Ban the gimp that done it I say, surely CCTV must be in operation to catch him/her.