watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Top of the league

Started by northamptonsteve, April 15, 2022, 10:55:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

northamptonsteve

Nine points clear and certain promotion, back in August wouldn't have believed possible! Perspective, realism and respect to the players who have got us here! We are all upset losing a game we should have won but a good team learns more losing than winning!
COYW.😐

FFC1987

Quote from: northamptonsteve on April 15, 2022, 10:55:32 PM
Nine points clear and certain promotion, back in August wouldn't have believed possible! Perspective, realism and respect to the players who have got us here! We are all upset losing a game we should have won but a good team learns more losing than winning!
COYW.😐

With all due respect fella, one can appreciate all that, but still say these guys were poor tonight. And some have been for a further string of games. Onwards and upwards for sure though but lets not try and make this forum a positive echo chamber. It's a place for interesting discussion and critique is all part of the fun.

northamptonsteve

We score the second goal and we deserved to it was over! Never happenned they somehow won the game and still going down! Makes you feel better fella having a moan then crack on!

SuffolkWhite

As someone who was at the infamous  baseball ground game back in the day , where we are in the league today is a delight compared to then. I fear expectation from our support is again bonkers!
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

ffcthereligion

Conflicted. The negativity is as usual way over the top but they stunk the place out second half. The attitude is the weakest part of our squad. Yes we've been the b*llocks this season but we roll over when we can't be bothered. Seen it away against Blackpool, Coventry, tonight, west brom, home to Sheffield.

Throwing the towel in like that isn't good enough and befitting of a team that need fight for every second of next season to have a chance of survival. There are big question marks over next season regardless of winning a poor championship at a canter

Lighthouse

The last two matches we have needed just a win and have ended up making excuses. Poor errors, poor display etc. But the bottom line is we have been the best side in the league and every side goes through poor spells.

I think we all knew that this isn't a great side in a great league. But a good side in a mediocre league. There have been no standout sides other than us and once teams put us under pressure we look average. The gap between the Championship and Prem seems to be growing. That is the takeaway from all this.

We will go up and go up as champions and probably hit 100 goals. However the thrill of promotion is mixed with trepidation. This Fulham side is a long way from being good enough for the Prem. Plus for the first time this season I am questioning the Coach. We don't seem to be able to change things much during a game. We are very predictable.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

WolverineFFC

Quote from: ffcthereligion on April 15, 2022, 11:54:52 PM
Conflicted. The negativity is as usual way over the top but they stunk the place out second half. The attitude is the weakest part of our squad. Yes we've been the b*llocks this season but we roll over when we can't be bothered. Seen it away against Blackpool, Coventry, tonight, west brom, home to Sheffield.

Throwing the towel in like that isn't good enough and befitting of a team that need fight for every second of next season to have a chance of survival. There are big question marks over next season regardless of winning a poor championship at a canter

I agree. The mentality of a few players is concerning. The manager seems to have a finger on this too when he spoke about how Derby had more pressure and responded, but his team with the "nice" kind of pressure did not. Interesting wording to me.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 15, 2022, 11:58:46 PM
The last two matches we have needed just a win and have ended up making excuses. Poor errors, poor display etc. But the bottom line is we have been the best side in the league and every side goes through poor spells.

I think we all knew that this isn't a great side in a great league. But a good side in a mediocre league. There have been no standout sides other than us and once teams put us under pressure we look average. The gap between the Championship and Prem seems to be growing. That is the takeaway from all this.

We will go up and go up as champions and probably hit 100 goals. However the thrill of promotion is mixed with trepidation. This Fulham side is a long way from being good enough for the Prem. Plus for the first time this season I am questioning the Coach. We don't seem to be able to change things much during a game. We are very predictable.

The good news is that 2 other sides from this mediocre league will be joining us next season. So we only have to be better than 1 other side out of 17. The bad news is I do not know if there are enough players with a hard enough mentality or physical enough body to get it done.

I was wondering if by the end of the match Marco was going for the record for smallest midfield side. He had Seri, Reed, BDR, Fabio, and Kebano out there as the midfield 5. They couldn't win the ball back to save their life.