Main Menu

ok - let's be clear on this ...

Started by howitis, April 16, 2022, 12:39:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

howitis

Premier League...
Rodak -at best a back up
Williams - like him but defensively not as good as a fit Tete
Tosin - could be ok and has proven Prem experience but bad today. Keeper but needs better around him
Ream - great servant, top human being but time up
Bryan - covid play off final goals extraordinary but has been well short of requirements ever since he arrived
Reed - severely workmanlike and his terrific tenacity/attitude should not cover up his frailties at the top level - pure championship
BDV - pure championship at best. No coincidence that current poor run of results have seen him as a starter
Cav - only 19, future star. We have relied on him too much
Cairney - a football artist..
Kebano - 1 great season from 5, champ at best
Wilson - may be Prem quality but not recently ..
Mitro - incredible season, looks tired. Needs to be 1 of at least 3 decent strikers next year to have any chance

Ruislip White

Mr White

Quote from: howitis on April 16, 2022, 12:39:15 AM
Premier League...
Rodak -at best a back up
Tosin - could be ok and has proven Prem experience but bad today. Keeper but needs better around him
Bryan - covid play off final goals extraordinary but has been well short of requirements ever since he arrived
Reed - severely workmanlike and his terrific tenacity/attitude should not cover up his frailties at the top level - pure championship
BDV - pure championship at best. No coincidence that current poor run of results have seen him as a starter
Mitro - incredible season, looks tired. Needs to be 1 of at least 3 decent strikers next year to have any chance

You got that right.With this team were straight back down.

Texas White

Not sure my heart can handle the ups and downs..

ffcthereligion

I'm a little more optimistic but largely agree

Andy S

Marco either gets it right with the players he brings in or he will be out soon. Is he a genius?

colinwhite

A fair post after last nights second half. But to be fair you would have to say (as Silva alluded to in his post match ) that TC was too soft for the first goal, and that he, brilliant as he is ,is like reed (in a different way ) limited as a CM in the top flight.
Silva is an excellent coach ,but needs to get the right players in to take us forward.

Negative as all this sounds ,these two defeats have highlighted weaknesses which may now be more readily addressed for next season.And that must be positive.

HV71

Quote from: colinwhite on April 16, 2022, 07:15:37 AM
A fair post after last nights second half. But to be fair you would have to say (as Silva alluded to in his post match ) that TC was too soft for the first goal, and that he, brilliant as he is ,is like reed (in a different way ) limited as a CM in the top flight.
Silva is an excellent coach ,but needs to get the right players in to take us forward.

Negative as all this sounds ,these two defeats have highlighted weaknesses which may now be more readily addressed for next season.And that must be positive.

Agree

I also can't help but reflect on the " qualities" of our midfield trio that was promoted last time. K Mac - may have been slow but was a commanding rock if a figure who would rally the team. Stefjo had skill and guile and an appreciation of the "dark arts " and would have made those 'tactical fouls ' last night. That left TC to create and use that magical left foot.

We lack a " commanding ' figure - Chalobah ,Onomah and Anguissa all have the physique but not the mentality . The only commanding player in the team is Ream ( but we know his time is limited) . Mitro is a beast and brilliant ( I love the guy) but the moment things aren't going well he disappears or starts the theatrics .

As you say Colin - last night clearly highlighted the issues we face if we are to have any chance of survival next season

StuinSalop

Agree with all that has been said, we missed Robinsons driving runs and Wilson and Mitro are good enough but just having a poor few games, Mitro looks injured to me.   

Good enough for me are:

Tosin
Tete
Robinson
Williams
Seri
Wilson
Mitro

So we need at least 5 starters, if these are high quality we have a chance

Reed
Cairney
Rodak
Kebano (just)
Ream (just)

Above squad players but should only play in cup matches or if injuries get really bad.  We need to beef up the defence midfield and strikers plus new keeper required so massive challenge for the recruitment team.

blingo

Premier League...
Rodak -at best a back up

Sorry but TC is no football Artist. He's a very good Championship player, but that is it. I know many on here love him but I'm being honest and realistic here.

filham

Quote from: blingo on April 16, 2022, 10:04:06 AM
Premier League...
Rodak -at best a back up

Sorry but TC is no football Artist. He's a very good Championship player, but that is it. I know many on here love him but I'm being honest and realistic here.
TC is my favourite , no doubt he is a very, very good player but you have to have the right players around him to provide space and protection, like KMac and Stefjo.