https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Derby Gone.

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 18, 2022, 04:56:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

St Eve

gang

Good, I will never forget nor forgive the pitch invasion,  it was our neighbours who put the final nail in. :005:

rebel

They might have more points deducted next season. They had momentum, came so close, then Reading just motored. Tom Lawrence always seem to get sent off. A stupid non challenge.

ffcne

rebel

Quote from: gang on April 18, 2022, 05:00:54 PM
Good, I will never forget nor forgive the pitch invasion,  it was our neighbours who put the final nail in. :005:

It was Reading's extra time goal that did it.

bog

It should have been us doing the nailing.... :016: :022:

Lighthouse

Considering the points deduction they did a great job of trying to stay up. Shame when business and off field crimes lead to a clubs downfall. Without the deductions they would have done well even with all the problems of fielding a team.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Mince n Tatties

Teams in league 1.
Derby
Bolton
Ipswich
Sheff Weds
Sunderland
Portsmouth.

Have all been top flight not too long ago.
It's a hard game when you drop down lower leagues to get back.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 18, 2022, 05:12:12 PM
Considering the points deduction they did a great job of trying to stay up. Shame when business and off field crimes lead to a clubs downfall. Without the deductions they would have done well even with all the problems of fielding a team.

Well not that great,add their 21 point reduction,and they would only be 17th.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on April 18, 2022, 05:18:53 PM

Yes but they were scrabbling to get players signed. A pretty good season would have been 17th.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

rebel

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 18, 2022, 05:27:43 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on April 18, 2022, 05:18:53 PM

Yes but they were scrabbling to get players signed. A pretty good season would have been 17th.

I agree, if you look at their actual stats, a pretty solid defence, offensively a problem scoring goals.
Knowing that you are going to have points deducted has a different mindset, then a clean slate.

FacundoSavasfacemask

Bit gutted to be fair, Rooney has done a sterling job there. Playing lots of kids.
I dont really dwell on distant past like others on here, and dont like seeing teams potentially going out of business.

filham

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on April 18, 2022, 05:14:38 PM
Teams in
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on April 18, 2022, 05:14:38 PM
Teams in league 1.
Derby
Bolton
Ipswich
Sheff Weds
Sunderland
Portsmouth.

Have all been top flight not too long ago.
It's a hard game when you drop down lower leagues to get back.

Sunderland and Shef. Wed. are big clubs with big grounds, and good fan bases, really should be in the premier league, there must have been some bad management there.

Nero

oh dear, how sad, nevermind

Andy S

It's not a case of going out of business it is a case of being punished for attempting to break the rules which would have affected other clubs while giving themselves an advantage. They have done it more than once

Nero

Quote from: Andy S on April 18, 2022, 06:27:45 PM
It's not a case of going out of business it is a case of being punished for attempting to break the rules which would have affected other clubs while giving themselves an advantage. They have done it more than once

they would have been better to take their points lost last season going down and rebuilding they basically put it back a year at the cost of Wycombe

MartyFFC

He sounds as thick as mince when being interviewed, however Rooney has done a decent job there I'd say. That said, nice to see them drop

St Eve

I don't want them or any other team to go out of business, but they broke the rules. They cheated. No sympathy at all