watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team vs. Preston

Started by Facts Not Fiction, April 17, 2022, 07:10:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Facts Not Fiction

I think we need a minor shake up after 2 pretty poor performances.

Gazzaniga

Williams Tosin Ream Robinson

Reed Seri

Wilson Carvalho Kebano

Mitrovic

Rodak, Tete, Hector, Chalobah, Cairney, Reid, Cavaleiro

- Rodak has been so poor of late, Gazzaniga deserves a chance to prove his worth for next season
- Bryan is just way off the type of full back we need. Another who's time is surely up with the club beyond this season
- Reed/Chalobah didn't work. Reed/Cairney didn't work. Whilst we still have Seri, we may as well try and utilise his skills. Think he will provide a bit more midfield stability and allow Reed to man mark more effectively
- BDR is not a winger. Please can Marco see this and start using Kebano or even Cavaleiro
- Muniz is just not making an impact off the bench any more. Cavaleiro looked decent a month or so ago, I'd rather have him as our attacking impact sub

bobby01

Muniz when replacing 🔥 has looked good, and scored a few, as a 2 up top option it does not seem to work.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Whitestone

Gazzaniga

Tete      Tosin       Ream     Robinson

Seri       Cairney

Wilson          Carvalho      Kebano

Mitrovic

IMO Williams has been a bit off lately, nothing against him, I like what he's all about but think he's played a lot of games for club and country recently. Tete is quality too and he reminded us against Middlesbrough. Left wing has become a problem. Kebano's form has dipped. This is definitely an upgrade position for next season. But he's probably the best we have currently. BDR is no winger. I'd rather see Cavaleiro. Apart from hard work and commitment Reed offers little offensively.

filham

We are virtually promoted . Never have we not been arithmetically promoted but been so close.
Bournmouth can finish above us but the only other team that can is Forrest and to do so they need six wins from six games while we fail to pick up 2 points from five games.
No bookmaker is going to take on a bet of us not going up we are that close.
However, we havn't performed well for a while and in particular our midfield is not functioning as it should. Time to try something new in preparation for next season.
                                                                                     Gazzaniga
                                                         Tete            Tosin                    Ream            Robinson
                                                                                       Hector
                                                                         Reed                     Cairney

Wilson                 Mitro                      Carvalho

If there is the slightest doubt about Mitro's fitness then Muniz must start.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: bobby01 on April 17, 2022, 07:13:00 PM
Muniz when replacing 🔥 has looked good, and scored a few, as a 2 up top option it does not seem to work.

I agree. Muniz replacing Mitro is fine, but paired with him isn't. As Mitro is so rarely subbed, I think he just wastes a sub space.

Thames Bank 1

Gazziniga
Hectic Ream Tosin
Williams Reed Cairney/Seri Robinson
Wilson Nitro Carvalho

Mullers OG

Not the time to take any unnecessary risks imo.  Rodak looks as if his confidence is shaky and could probably do with a rest. BDR isn't a left wing. Bryan is a better left back than Robinson. The midfield looks more imaginative with either Cairney or Seri.

Gazzaniga

Williams Tosin Ream. Bryan

Reed. Carvalho Cairney

Wilson. Mitrovic. Kebano

bobby01

Chalobah will start, Preston big strong he will be marco's go to.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Grassy Noel

Quote from: Mullers OG on April 18, 2022, 10:29:53 PM
Not the time to take any unnecessary risks imo.  Rodak looks as if his confidence is shaky and could probably do with a rest. BDR isn't a left wing. Bryan is a better left back than Robinson. The midfield looks more imaginative with either Cairney or Seri.

Gazzaniga

Williams Tosin Ream. Bryan

Reed. Carvalho Cairney

Wilson. Mitrovic. Kebano

Although I would stick with Rodak that sounds good to me. Also Mitro has to be 100% to be picked.

fulhamfan

I think Seri has to start this game. He looked sharp when he come on the other night

We Are Premier League

Rodak

Williams Tosin Ream Robinson

Chalobah  Seri

Wilson Carvalho Kebano

Mitrovic

ex-Pat

Cairney should never start, no surprise always the first to be to be taken off  Enough..

filham

I think Cairney is usually taken off for fitness reasons not performance.

Deeping_white

Rodak really ought to be dropped - making poor decisions and the defence looks nervy in front of him. Would also start Seri & Reed in the middle if TC isn't fit, otherwise I'd put TC and Seri together and see how they get on

Lordedmundo

I'm struggling with the central midfield - none of the players are on form (that includes those who have been subbed on recently like Onomah).  I can see the argument for putting an extra man in there - but then you need to take out a forward player, which I don't think we should do. If it wasn't such an important game, I would be tempted to put one of the youngsters like Pajaziit or even Francois in. Ultimately I am going to put in Seri and Reed - but reverse their roles (I still can't work out why Silva plays Reed in front of Seri!):

Gazzaniga

Williams
Tosin
Ream
Robinson

Reed
Seri

Carvalho

Wilson
Mitro
Kebano

Subs (from)
Rodak
Bryan
Tete
Cairney
Pajaziti
Reid
Cavaleiro
Muniz

Finnans Right Peg

Would play neco left back and tete right back with kebano in for bobby with seri and tom in midfield

LittleErn

We have looked more vulnerable in defence since Tete lost his place. Either rest Williams or try him at Left back.

St Eve

Cairney over Seri for me

davew

Quote from: LittleErn on April 19, 2022, 04:36:47 PM
We have looked more vulnerable in defence since Tete lost his place. Either rest Williams or try him at Left back.
Been suggested on here for the last couple of games, can't be worse than the last few performances, neither Bryan or Robinson inspire confidence. Sadly Marco doesn't take note of our comments on here, maybe the thought has never occurred to him. Again I would agree with you on trying this.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)