watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

promotion ... again

Started by HatterDon, April 20, 2022, 02:47:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

So pleased over here in the Peoples Republic of South Texas that Fulham has booked tickets for a return to the Premier League, but I must say that I really hope this is the LAST Fulham promotion season this aged Hatter has to experience. I'm ready for a long-term return to the Premier League with a Fulham comfortable enough in their quality to actually attempt to win a cup.

Oh, there's a ton of Septics over here thrilled to bits that our suffering is over and already hotting up for 2022-23.

COYW!!!!!!
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

love4ffc

Good to seeing you posting again Don  :wine:

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

RaySmith

Quote from: HatterDon on April 20, 2022, 02:47:08 AM
So pleased over here in the Peoples Republic of South Texas that Fulham has booked tickets for a return to the Premier League, but I must say that I really hope this is the LAST Fulham promotion season this aged Hatter has to experience. I'm ready for a long-term return to the Premier League with a Fulham comfortable enough in their quality to actually attempt to win a cup.

Oh, there's a ton of Septics over here thrilled to bits that our suffering is over and already hotting up for 2022-23.

COYW!!!!!!

0001.jpeg
049:gif

Twig

filham

It is great to be back in the Premier League again but we will need  two or three players of top quality to boost our chances of survival.
Any chance of another McBride, Dempsey or Ream from the States.

HatterDon

No, the best game-changer we have is down the Fulham Rd a piece.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Barrett487

Don't you just love Parker?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61044707

Paul Parker, who played for the club from 1982 to 1987 before returning for a brief spell 10 years later, feels plenty will have to change if they want to avoid the drop.

"Fulham need to alter how they want to play, they play with a very slow tempo," he said.

"They would get ripped apart by a team like Brighton, they press and move it very quickly through the midfield - Fulham have got a long way to go.

"They're going to need to incorporate at least four players into the starting 11, I'd say."

The runaway league leaders have won 26 of their 42 games, with a Championship title now looking inevitable with four fixtures remaining and only Bournemouth able to catch them.

Twig

Quote from: Barrett487 on April 20, 2022, 05:04:58 PM
Don't you just love Parker?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61044707

Paul Parker, who played for the club from 1982 to 1987 before returning for a brief spell 10 years later, feels plenty will have to change if they want to avoid the drop.

"Fulham need to alter how they want to play, they play with a very slow tempo," he said.

"They would get ripped apart by a team like Brighton, they press and move it very quickly through the midfield - Fulham have got a long way to go.

"They're going to need to incorporate at least four players into the starting 11, I'd say."

The runaway league leaders have won 26 of their 42 games, with a Championship title now looking inevitable with four fixtures remaining and only Bournemouth able to catch them.

You do realise this is PAUL Parker?  I actually have some sympathy with his point in that I agree we will need to maintain a faster pace of play next season.  Even this season we have been at our best when we upped the tempo.  And surely our season of playing slow, slow football under Scott Parker illustrated what happens when you don't or can't quicken the tempo?

blingo

I hope you are right Don. Good to see you on here buddy.

cookieg

Let's hope it's the last one for a while!

filham

Paul Parker isn't saying a lot we are not aware of but if he thinks we are playing it that slow through the midfield he couldn't have watched us last season.