watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The window

Started by Fletchino, January 02, 2011, 04:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthfieldWhite

Scalleys dad, with International football, believe it or not , the players league club dont  hold all the cards, they have to let him go to join up  with his country, its then down to (in this case) the Belguim FA to assess him to make sure hes ok, cant really blame Fulham for that one

JohnKovacs

ScalleysDad

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on January 03, 2011, 12:24:38 AM

Scalleys dad, with International football, believe it or not , the players league club dont  hold all the cards, they have to let him go to join up  with his country, its then down to (in this case) the Belguim FA to assess him to make sure hes ok, cant really blame Fulham for that one

Did'nt know that. I recall some rather late withdrawls from the England squad and other Home countries being treated with some scepticsm by the media but I thought genuinely injured or recovering players could be withdrawn. Indeed have'nt players themselves withdrawn from squads in the past.
Heyho its all fairly academic now anyway. If Dembele misses the Baggies game and does'nt get a run out against the Posh setting him up for Wigan my nervousness might turn to cynicsm and then possibly distain.

HatterDon

Having said that, the smart international managers work their hardest to cultivate the good will of the gaffers of the club their players earn their living at. He gets a lot of heat from American fans, but Bob Bradley is very good at this. Every time there's an international date that isn't a FIFA mandated competition break, Bradley names only players from the MLS or the Scandinavian clubs that have ended their season. The only English players who went last time were Villa's Guzan and Lichaj and West Ham's Spector -- none of which were featuring regularly for their club. Conversely Everton's Howard, Bolton's Holden, and Fulham's Dempsey and EJ were not called. I believe this was the same break during which Dembele got crocked.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

duffbeer

Quote from: HatterDon on January 03, 2011, 03:32:19 AM

Scalleys dad, with International football, believe it or not , the players league club dont  hold all the cards, they have to let him go to join up  with his country, its then down to (in this case) the Belguim FA to assess him to make sure hes ok, cant really blame Fulham for that one

Having said that, the smart international managers work their hardest to cultivate the good will of the gaffers of the club their players earn their living at. He gets a lot of heat from American fans, but Bob Bradley is very good at this. Every time there's an international date that isn't a FIFA mandated competition break, Bradley names only players from the MLS or the Scandinavian clubs that have ended their season. The only English players who went last time were Villa's Guzan and Lichaj and West Ham's Spector -- none of which were featuring regularly for their club. Conversely Everton's Howard, Bolton's Holden, and Fulham's Dempsey and EJ were not called. I believe this was the same break during which Dembele got crocked.

Donny boy, I'm afraid you and I are among the far too few Americans who see the multitude of little things that Bradley does for the good of the USMNT that most managers would'nt think of or be bothered with.

sipwell

Dembélé was perfectly fit when he joined the Belgian squad on international duty and he was working with a world renowned Belgian psychotherapist (who helps the likes of Totti, Kaka, Inzaghi, Ronaldo to recover from injury). He was badly tackled (foot under body of opponent) and got another injury.

Also, Belgium was playing Russia at that time and the coach wanted to test his squad. I don't see why he should not call up his best players for international duty. It kind of beats the purpose of having international games if you would name a B squad.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

cebu

Quote from: sipwell on January 03, 2011, 10:58:05 AM
Dembélé was perfectly fit when he joined the Belgian squad on international duty and he was working with a world renowned Belgian psychotherapist (who helps the likes of Totti, Kaka, Inzaghi, Ronaldo to recover from injury). He was badly tackled (foot under body of opponent) and got another injury.

Also, Belgium was playing Russia at that time and the coach wanted to test his squad. I don't see why he should not call up his best players for international duty. It kind of beats the purpose of having international games if you would name a B squad.

Was that really a psychotherapist, or was it a typo?

os5889

Quote from: nevzter on January 02, 2011, 11:41:02 PM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/860074/sir-alex-ferguson-seeks-premier-league-loan-for-federico-macheda?cc=5901

With Wigan and Villa in for Macheda, would he help Fulham?  Of course he plies his trade at United and I've seen him exhibit a moment or two of class, but would he help right now?  I really don't know, simply casting a line to see what's out there, but if the "top" Italian clubs are in for him, I'd guess he'd be an improvement to our current squad.  It's just that he's unproven in the England, and for a club facing relegation, I'm a bit nervous over throwing in unproven lads to stave off the drop.  However, Fulham don't have myriad options at this point (at least I don't think so).

COYW - we are stayin' up, we are stayin' up.

Paper talk, SAF has said he wants to send Macheda to Italy

finnster01

Quote from: os5889 on January 03, 2011, 12:02:28 PM
Quote from: JohnKovacs on January 03, 2011, 12:35:09 AM
test

Glad it works....
Welcome aboard
Welcome Mr JohnKovacs.
Are you a striker by any chance? With a name like that I suggest you report to Motspur Park immediately. We need some help.

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

ron

Quote from: finnster01 on January 02, 2011, 04:19:05 PM
I'm still hoping the Bendtner rumours are true. I have a call into my lady at Motspur.

So am I hoping that Mr.F.  But the problem is always going to be convincing players like him who have become used to being near the top that FFC can move away from the relegation zone.

Poor results in the run up to Christmas have that added effect when the Jan window opens.

TonyGilroy

Quote from: ron on January 03, 2011, 12:13:20 PM

Poor results in the run up to Christmas have that added effect when the Jan window opens.

If the results had been better we wouldn't be needing to buy in the window.

bigalffc

I really hope they move quickly as by the end of the month it might be too late to turn things around :007:
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

brixology

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 02, 2011, 06:44:39 PM
There will be an annoucement of two players fairly early on includng a loan. You wont like them and you will complain and then there may be one or two later on. You will still complain.

Absolutely, I cannot believe the load of crap we got early.  The one guy's a stiff and the other guy has no class at all.  And don't get me started on the one or two later on.  We may as well just start over.  Grrrrrrr!!!  Angry things!

BalDrick

Quote from: ron on January 03, 2011, 12:13:20 PM
Quote from: finnster01 on January 02, 2011, 04:19:05 PM
I'm still hoping the Bendtner rumours are true. I have a call into my lady at Motspur.

So am I hoping that Mr.F.  But the problem is always going to be convincing players like him who have become used to being near the top that FFC can move away from the relegation zone.

Assuming it's true - not a given it has to be said - it does rather imply we're looking over and above the type of money Bothroyd or Morrison would cost. I'm not a huge admirer of the player, nor am I sure he's got what it takes to get through a relegation battle, but he's clearly a step up from the other two mentioned.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

os5889

Mark Hughes: "We need to bring in players that will go straight in to the Team. It's not about players with potential, it's the here and now we are dealing with. We are a Team with good players but we just lack a bit of presence at times in the opposition box. If we can find that [player] to go alongside the good players that we already have, then we are a decent Team."

HatterDon

Sky Sports News confirms that Macheda is on loan to Sampdoria until the end of the season.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

ron

Quote from: cebu on January 03, 2011, 11:40:01 AM
Quote from: sipwell on January 03, 2011, 10:58:05 AM

Was that really a psychotherapist, or was it a typo?

What, a  typotherapist   :032:.....?