watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The latest on the Morison rumour

Started by NorthernWhite, January 02, 2011, 07:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorthernWhite

Looks like it was BS yesterday from Talkshite (what a surprise!) as Kenny Jacket is saying that they've had nothing new in the last few days and they've rebuffed all other interest before that.

http://www.southwarknews.co.uk/sport/00,news,22009,5226,00.htm

KENNY JACKETT has reiterated Millwall's intention of keeping in-demand striker Steve Morison at the Den.

Morison missed yesterday's win over Crystal Palace, sparking rumours that he had agreed a £3million move to Premier League Fulham.

Jackett confirmed that there was nothing sinister in Morison's absence other than a bad case of the flu, and that he hopes to have the striker available for tomorrow's trip to Derby County.

However, there is still likely to be further speculation about the future of the 11-goal striker this month. Nottingham Forest had an approach turned down in December, while a number of other Championship clubs have registered an interest in the 27-year-old.

And, although he remains adamant that the club are not looking to cash in on Morison, Jackett says that it is hard to predict what will happen now the January transfer window is open.

"We don't want to sell him," Jackett said after yesterday's win over the Eagles. "As the manager, I really do want to keep him – there's no doubt about that. Our aspiration is to try and keep the players we have, and build on that.

"Right now I don't know whether the phone is going to ring next week, but we'll see if the situation changes. We've knocked back the interest that we have had so far, and there hasn't been anything in the last few days.

"We are keen to keep him, but you just never know if someone is going to come in from the Premier League with a very high bid. However, it's not something that I, or my chairman, would encourage."

Admin

Thank god for that! I was starting to think it was another Sanchez transfer window with Championship players that won't cut it at this level.

finnster01

No grow some Niagara, open a tad up the purse, and get the Bendtner
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

SouthfieldWhite

Surprise Matty fryatt went to Hull for only 1 and half mil, and hes only 25ish, so younger than morrison and probably a more natrual scorer

JohnKovacs

Deal is rumored  to be 3M plus EJ for Morrison.

Wenger has already stated that Bendtner is staying at Arsenal.

I wouldn't mind Kranjcar for 3-4M, but arry is valuing him closer to 9M (which is laughable BTW)

White Noise

Quote from: JohnKovacs on January 03, 2011, 12:39:33 AM
Deal is rumored  to be 3M plus EJ for Morrison.

Wenger has already stated that Bendtner is staying at Arsenal.

I wouldn't mind Kranjcar for 3-4M, but arry is valuing him closer to 9M (which is laughable BTW)

Never buy anything off Harry!

People speak well of Morison and Hughes makjes it sound like he is looking for a quick, short term goal scoring fix to get homsafely to the summer transfer window.

richie17

I don't know that he'd score that much.  My friend is a Millwall ST holder and says he's a great player for them who could do a job for us.    The key thing is that he's outstanding in the air and could do the BZ role until BZ is fit.    realistically a 'star' forward won't come will he?  so the championship promotion type a la morison makes sense.

dannydog

Anyone know if Morison played today ?

Lighthouse

Quote from: dannydog on January 03, 2011, 06:26:21 PM
Anyone know if Morison played today ?

Yes I put this up earlier. He played for 70 minutes and had two goodish chances with his head but fluffed them.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Jimbobob

:doh: :doh: :doh:
No other rumour out there so if this is BS I guess nothing will happen here.
Damn we need some excitement.... :dead horse: :dead horse: :dead horse:
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?