Main Menu

Bournemouth Saturday

Started by Hugh Gentry, April 21, 2022, 08:24:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeS

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on April 21, 2022, 09:30:18 PM
Quote from: rebel on April 21, 2022, 07:38:49 PM
Quote from: HillingdonFFC on April 21, 2022, 04:04:30 PM
Three of us are in with the Bournemouth fans. My godson works for them & sorted us out. We originally thought we were going in some sort of hospitality area but we're not, we're right behind the goal with their herberts. Will have to sit on hands & blend in as could cause problems for my Godson
Seems like quite a few travelling without tickets just for the day out. The pub everyone seems to be heading for is the Bell Inn near Pokesdown station, got a barbeque in the beer garden & strangely enough, is run by a family who once had the Bedford Arms in Dawes Road

You do realize, if Bournemouth score, you are going to have to jump up and down, it will look suspicious if you don't.

Nope, done it plenty of times. Don't particularly enjoy it but was desperate to get in , getting out your seat & polite clapping normally works

Have done this a few times over the years as a last resort. Toughest game to remain 'blended in' was the 3-3 at Arsenal around 10 years ago, found it almost impossible not to cheer any of the goals/Schwarzer's last-minute penalty save!

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: JoeS on April 22, 2022, 09:58:55 AM
Quote from: HillingdonFFC on April 21, 2022, 09:30:18 PM
Quote from: rebel on April 21, 2022, 07:38:49 PM
Quote from: HillingdonFFC on April 21, 2022, 04:04:30 PM
Three of us are in with the Bournemouth fans. My godson works for them & sorted us out. We originally thought we were going in some sort of hospitality area but we're not, we're right behind the goal with their herberts. Will have to sit on hands & blend in as could cause problems for my Godson
Seems like quite a few travelling without tickets just for the day out. The pub everyone seems to be heading for is the Bell Inn near Pokesdown station, got a barbeque in the beer garden & strangely enough, is run by a family who once had the Bedford Arms in Dawes Road

You do realize, if Bournemouth score, you are going to have to jump up and down, it will look suspicious if you don't.

Nope, done it plenty of times. Don't particularly enjoy it but was desperate to get in , getting out your seat & polite clapping normally works

Have done this a few times over the years as a last resort. Toughest game to remain 'blended in' was the 3-3 at Arsenal around 10 years ago, found it almost impossible not to cheer any of the goals/Schwarzer's last-minute penalty save!
I had this at Northampton's Sixfields about 20 years ago.  When the Cobblers scored I just clapped - it was a good goal tbf - we equalised and people around were F'ing and Jeffing, which was a little awkward... best of luck....
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Jim©

done it plenty of times and as much as you tell yourself "I won't celebrate" it's hard not to.
Best one I recall was at Brentford away when we were on a playoff push in the early 90s (ish). I was in their stand with a mate (sitting next to the bald bloke from the old bisto adverts). Well, when Fulham scored about 2/3rds of the block we were in started celebrating!

Was a bit hairier when we did it at Southampton in a cup game a few years after.

Ara's bacon crisps

Last time I did it was at Newcastle when we won 3-1 and Sess took them apart on his own. Sat right by the Directors' box, thanks to a Toon mate with connections, and literally sat on my hands for most of the match because I didn't trust myself. When TC's pearler went in I even bit my tongue just to keep quiet and stay alive 🤣

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Jim© on April 22, 2022, 10:55:37 AM
done it plenty of times and as much as you tell yourself "I won't celebrate" it's hard not to.
Best one I recall was at Brentford away when we were on a playoff push in the early 90s (ish). I was in their stand with a mate (sitting next to the bald bloke from the old bisto adverts). Well, when Fulham scored about 2/3rds of the block we were in started celebrating!

Was a bit hairier when we did it at Southampton in a cup game a few years after.

🤣 It's funny you mentioned those two games as I was in the home stands for both
Brentford was the 2-0 under Keegan, Moody & Beardsley. My lot got caught out with how quickly we sold out. A Brentford mate told us that Fulham fans were buying up tickets en masse in the end of the Braemar Road stand. He unfortunately told us the wrong end so when we got in it was obvious we were up the wrong end. There was eight of us in a row, needn't have worried though because when we scored there was dozens of Fulham fans all around us. Brentford fans to be fair, were pretty good with us
Southampton game, brother & I got in their little zig zag paddock next to our fans. Needed to be a bit sensible in there though as there had been a bit of trouble before the game & it was obvious earwigging the conversation ,a few around us had been involved. It was quite annoying because Southampton had given Fulham a block in the stand opposite us which had a load of ours who hadn't got a ticket in there. We had no idea otherwise we'd have been in there like a shot .We asked a steward if we could somehow get over there but he wasn't having any of it

fulhamfever

I've been to one H game this season that was the opening game against Boro.

bramble

I was at Huddersfield for the promotion confirmation game in 2001 - in the away seats with mates, sitting on my hands of course!  When we scored, a lovely gent leant down from behind me and said 'you can clap and cheer if you like lass'! Something must have given me away, but a lovely attitude.

Ara's bacon crisps

Quote from: bramble on April 22, 2022, 12:42:39 PM
I was at Huddersfield for the promotion confirmation game in 2001 - in the away seats with mates, sitting on my hands of course!  When we scored, a lovely gent leant down from behind me and said 'you can clap and cheer if you like lass'! Something must have given me away, but a lovely attitude.
That's brilliant. If only more grounds were like that. I know I'm in a tiny minority, but this is why I liked our neutral section. Sat in there occasionally when I needed extra tickets for my daughters and had a great time chewing the fat with some brilliant away fans I would never normally meet and convention states I should steer well clear of and snarl at from our section. Just don't understand why those of us who want to can't sit with opposition fans and both support our teams without war breaking out.

Jim©

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on April 22, 2022, 12:05:20 PM

Brentford was the 2-0 under Keegan, Moody & Beardsley. My lot got caught out with how quickly we sold out. A Brentford mate told us that Fulham fans were buying up tickets en masse in the end of the Braemar Road stand. He unfortunately told us the wrong end so when we got in it was obvious we were up the wrong end. There was eight of us in a row, needn't have worried though because when we scored there was dozens of Fulham fans all around us. Brentford fans to be fair, were pretty good with us
Southampton game, brother & I got in their little zig zag paddock next to our fans. Needed to be a bit sensible in there though as there had been a bit of trouble before the game & it was obvious earwigging the conversation ,a few around us had been involved. It was quite annoying because Southampton had given Fulham a block in the stand opposite us which had a load of ours who hadn't got a ticket in there. We had no idea otherwise we'd have been in there like a shot .We asked a steward if we could somehow get over there but he wasn't having any of it

Yeah, oddly it was a pretty bad atmosphere for that game at the Dell. We got picked out quickly (as we weren't standing up when the went forward etc). We got a fair bit of stick as they got a last minute winner (perhaps equaliser).

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Jim© on April 22, 2022, 03:25:05 PM
Quote from: HillingdonFFC on April 22, 2022, 12:05:20 PM

Yeah, oddly it was a pretty bad atmosphere for that game at the Dell. We got picked out quickly (as we weren't standing up when the went forward etc). We got a fair bit of stick as they got a last minute winner (perhaps equaliser).

They scored a late equaliser, Ostenstad. Did them in the replay though

H4usuallysitting

In a draw at the greyhound track a few year's back....around the 75th minute, they all started to go home.... By the end we were sitting by ourselves with Fulham fan's singing at us..."is there a fire drill"

Hugh Gentry

I remember Reading away at Elm P_ark in the 90's, sean Farrell bangs in the opener and half the main stand were on their feet!! weather was shocking and there was no way we were standing on that shitty away terrace. then the second went in, no reaction from the Reading fans