watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bournemouth Saturday

Started by Hugh Gentry, April 21, 2022, 08:24:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hugh Gentry

Seeing as so many of the tickets for Saturday were picked up by season Ticket holders who hardly ever go away, I was wondering how many regular away travellers here would be going without a ticket.....me for one....any other takers?

Dr Know

Quote from: Hugh Gentry on April 21, 2022, 08:24:44 AM
Seeing as so many of the tickets for Saturday were picked up by season Ticket holders who hardly ever go away, I was wondering how many regular away travellers here would be going without a ticket.....me for one....any other takers?
As I live on the Isle of Wight I'm thinking of going over . What's the chances of picking up a ticket ?

Mickeyboro

I live half a mile from Dean Court and will also be there in hope..

Wingnut

Not going to travel. Good luck to ticketless fans who travel. Hope you get sorted. See you at Sheffield United.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

mrmicawbers

Unfortunately cannot be there Saturday as I'm away.I did have enough loyalty points so my nephew is going with my ticket with my brother.There are quite a few people going down for the day out to take in the atmosphere and hopefully  the party after the game.It don't happen that often so get down and soak it up.

Andy S

It's a shame that Bournemouth have such a small ground as a trip to the seaside is always a great day out. If hey go up it will be the same next season as well. It's going to be a good end of season. Those that are going enjoy the day. Win, lose or draw.

Hugh Gentry

Quote from: Dr Know on April 21, 2022, 01:35:05 PM
As I live on the Isle of Wight I'm thinking of going over . What's the chances of picking up a ticket ?
Not sure mate, I think it is likely somewhere in their end, if not we could just have a few beers, haven't seen you since Cardiff!!

Hugh Gentry

Quote from: Mickeyboro on April 21, 2022, 01:58:42 PM
I live half a mile from Dean Court and will also be there in hope..
Hopefully see you down there Mickey

HillingdonFFC

Three of us are in with the Bournemouth fans. My godson works for them & sorted us out. We originally thought we were going in some sort of hospitality area but we're not, we're right behind the goal with their herberts. Will have to sit on hands & blend in as could cause problems for my Godson
Seems like quite a few travelling without tickets just for the day out. The pub everyone seems to be heading for is the Bell Inn near Pokesdown station, got a barbeque in the beer garden & strangely enough, is run by a family who once had the Bedford Arms in Dawes Road

Hugh Gentry

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on April 21, 2022, 04:04:30 PM
Three of us are in with the Bournemouth fans. My godson works for them & sorted us out. We originally thought we were going in some sort of hospitality area but we're not, we're right behind the goal with their herberts. Will have to sit on hands & blend in as could cause problems for my Godson
Seems like quite a few travelling without tickets just for the day out. The pub everyone seems to be heading for is the Bell Inn near Pokesdown station, got a barbeque in the beer garden & strangely enough, is run by a family who once had the Bedford Arms in Dawes Road
I was thinking of heading to the Bell and going on from there Hillingdon, if he can get any more that would be great!!

rebel

You do realize, if Bournemouth score, you are going to have to jump up and down, it will look suspicious if you don't.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Hugh Gentry on April 21, 2022, 07:24:03 PM
I was thinking of heading to the Bell and going on from there Hillingdon, if he can get any more that would be great!!

No he can't I'm afraid

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: rebel on April 21, 2022, 07:38:49 PM

You do realize, if Bournemouth score, you are going to have to jump up and down, it will look suspicious if you don't.

Nope, done it plenty of times. Don't particularly enjoy it but was desperate to get in , getting out your seat & polite clapping normally works

SP

With so few tickets available, I imagine the demographic of the fans with the required loyalty points will mean we're sending an army of pensioners into the battle of Dean Court?

Hugh Gentry

Quote from: SP on April 21, 2022, 09:34:48 PM

With so few tickets available, I imagine the demographic of the fans with the required loyalty points will mean we're sending an army of pensioners into the battle of Dean Court?
Unfortunately that will be the case, our club can't reward those that go to Middlesborough etc midweek

Rupert

Perhaps you could do that "limbs" thing, injure a couple of their fans, start a massive punch up in the home end and get them points docked.

Of course I am joking, I would not condone that sort of thing.

Just keep it in mind, though.

Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Jims Dentist

Likely Bournemouth could be used to this.
With the younger element of away fans around outside or in nearby pubs.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Jims Dentist on April 21, 2022, 10:09:35 PM

Likely Bournemouth could be used to this.
With the younger element of away fans around outside or in nearby pubs.
.  Wish I was still young enough to do exactly this🤔

Ferret95

I'm going to be in Bournemouth over the weekend by chance the game fell on the same weekend... Gutted at not being able to get a ticket! Any spares? Chances of turning up and getting in?

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Rupert on April 21, 2022, 09:59:39 PM

Perhaps you could do that "limbs" thing, injure a couple of their fans, start a massive punch up in the home end and get them points docked.

Of course I am joking, I would not condone that sort of thing.

Just keep it in mind, though.

I've always been sensible & respectful. I've seen enough away fans in our areas over the years taking the p*ss. Only once have we been spotted, at Spurs in 98
Certainly won't be wearing a Fulham kit in there like the fella at QPR. Just asking for trouble that is