watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Youth team pathway

Started by Cookie6262, April 23, 2022, 08:09:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cookie6262

I have heard many discussions this season on various Fulham podcasts about how we can keep youth team players and a need to improve a pathway for them into the first team, so with that in mind I have come up with 3 rules the club could bring into place which could improve this????

Rule 1.

Is the 25 man squad rule in the premiership, you need to register a 25 man squad but u21's don't count towards this number so if you have a 25 man squad which includes for example Stansfield and Fabio technically you have 2 free spaces because they are u21 and we end up bringing in 2 loan signings on deadline day for the sake of it...

So club rule 1 would be any player U21 named in the 25 man squad actually counts towards the 25 man squad

Rule 2.
A 25 man squad is quite a lot so I would have a rule that at least 1 def, 1 mid, 1 keeper and 1 att who are u21 have to be named in our 25 man squad

For Example

3 keepers so the 3rd keeper would be Wickens
8/9 defenders would include Larkeche
8/9 midfielders would include Hilton
3/4 forwards would include Stansfield

This would still 21 squad places for quality experienced players

Rule 3

This is a bit of a caveat basically if you have a young player who is obviously a first team player ie Fabio this season he would not count as the U21 player we would still name Shilton in our squad.

Cookie6262

So basically our 25 man squad under those rules would look something like the following...

Gk
Rodak, Gazza, Wickens

Def
Williams, Tete, Ream, Tosin, Mawson, Hector, Robinson, Bryan, Larkeche

Mid
Reed, Seri, Cairney, Chalobah, Wilson, Kebano, Reid, Hilton, Fabio, Cav

Att
Mitro, Muniz, Stansfield

Any new signings we want will have to replace anybody already in squad like Mawson, Cav and Fabio rather than the young players named.

Heffito119

im looking forward to seeing michael olakigbe

found this video on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqzQVudCbDg

Thailand Mick

I have another idea now they have increased the subs to 5. 2 of those subs used must be under 21s and those two can be extras on the bench.

filham

If young players are good enough they will get into the squad, our problem is keeping them at Fulham.
Just look at Carvalho.