https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Play offs

Started by St Eve, April 23, 2022, 12:55:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Quote from: JoelH5 on April 24, 2022, 10:44:24 PM
Quote from: rebel on April 24, 2022, 07:07:18 AM
If Millwall make it to the Prem, then that would be 8 teams from London in the Premiership, had Watford stayed up, then that would have been 9 teams. Almost half of the Premiership. That would be the most ever.

Watford is in Hertfordshire..
Watford is inside the M25, that is virtual London these days.

SuffolkWhite

I would consider anything with London  transport as London these days. I'm not sure London derbies are good for us, I think our record is bad.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

MikeTheCubed

Wouldn't refer to Watford as London per se, but if we played them away on Boxing Day (albeit won't happen next season) we'd be able to travel there on the Met line.

filham

Watford's nearest local derby is Arsenal, it is about 9 miles away as the hornet flies.

SP

Blackburn looking better tonight with Diaz back & due to face Bournemouth next.

Twig

Quote from: filham on April 25, 2022, 10:01:41 AM
Quote from: JoelH5 on April 24, 2022, 10:44:24 PM
Quote from: rebel on April 24, 2022, 07:07:18 AM
If Millwall make it to the Prem, then that would be 8 teams from London in the Premiership, had Watford stayed up, then that would have been 9 teams. Almost half of the Premiership. That would be the most ever.

Watford is in Hertfordshire..
Watford is inside the M25, that is virtual London these days.

It's an interesting one.  On the one hand Watford is part of the home couties rather than Greater London and hasn't historically been regarded as part of London. On the other it's gradually being absorbed into London's suburban sprawl.  I guess younger people would be more liely to see it as just another outer London suburb whilst those of us aged perhaps 45-50 or over might be more likely to regard it as a town beyond London.  Not that I ever have reason to go there!
On a similar vein do people see Croyden as part of London?