watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Can Mitrovic get 43 Goals?

Started by Donnie Lonegan, April 24, 2022, 11:02:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnie Lonegan

Before yesterday's game I thought it was doubtful, but now Mitrovic must surely have a great chance of beating, or at least equalling, Guy Whittingham's score of 42 goals.

Fulham Tup North

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

bencher

I hope he can not only beat the Whittingham record of 42, but stay ahead of the 1 goal per game ratio. He's currently on exactly 1 goal per game (41 in 41).

JimOG

Quote from: Donnie Lonegan on April 24, 2022, 11:02:17 AM
Before yesterday's game I thought it was doubtful, but now Mitrovic must surely have a great chance of beating, or at least equalling, Guy Whittingham's score of 42 goals.

That was an amazing goal. Harrison Reed said in his interview afterwards that he didn't know how Mitro did it. It was only after looking at it a second time that I realised he outjumped & outmuscled Nat Philips who is taller than him and a tough cookie. Then he plants a downward header with immense force. At 6ft 2' Mitro is no small man but he has often found himself marked by bigger centre backs and still consistently beats them. It's tempting to think of him as an old fashioned centre forward but he is far more skilful on the ball than they were. If we get our wingers/wide men right then there's many a Prem centre back who is going to struggle to contain him. I really hope he beats Whittingham's record.

bencher

Quote from: JimOG on April 24, 2022, 12:29:25 PM

That was an amazing goal. Harrison Reed said in his interview afterwards that he didn't know how Mitro did it. It was only after looking at it a second time that I realised he outjumped & outmuscled Nat Philips who is taller than him and a tough cookie. Then he plants a downward header with immense force. At 6ft 2' Mitro is no small man but he has often found himself marked by bigger centre backs and still consistently beats them. It's tempting to think of him as an old fashioned centre forward but he is far more skilful on the ball than they were. If we get our wingers/wide men right then there's many a Prem centre back who is going to struggle to contain him. I really hope he beats Whittingham's record.

TBF to Travers, had he pulled off the save it would have been one of the saves of the season, and you almost feel bad for him that it counts for nothing.

Fulham Tup North

I also think many people either ignore or simply do not notice the amount of work Mitro does with his back to goal.  He holds up the ball so well to bring others into the game and wins so many free kicks by backing into defenders.  This skill in the EPL will be valuable.
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

bog

43 and Mitro also equals Frank Bonzo Newton's record that has stood for 90 years. 

092.gif

rebel

I penciled in 45 in August 2021. He's on target to get there.

RaySmith

0001.jpeg

Cobh Fulham Fan

I cant wait for next season. Mitro is going to silence many begrudging critics and pleasantly surprise some of our own supporters. :wine:

Twig

Quote from: Cobh Fulham Fan on April 24, 2022, 05:39:02 PM
I cant wait for next season. Mitro is going to silence many begrudging critics and pleasantly surprise some of our own supporters. :wine:

I think so too.

bigalffc

Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

fulhamexmouth

Devastatingly at the start of the season I had a free bet through Sky and went for 50+ league goals. At one point 7 or 8 games ago it looked feasible. That would've been a bonus end to a great season!

glenhodgso

:wow:

What odds did you get?  they must have been enormous!

filham

Our priorities for the rest of the season:-

1. Carvalho to sign a new Fulham contract.
2. Fulham to top the table
3. Fulham to hit the 100 goal mark
4. Mitro to score a couple more goals.

Achieve the above then we start to think of next season and concentrate on signing a replacement for Ream and Rodak well before the start of the season.

Bassey the warrior

Of course he can, got 3 games to get 2 goals. As soon as he does we should give Muniz a start.

bobby01

Quote from: filham on April 25, 2022, 04:16:20 PM
Our priorities for the rest of the season:-

1. Carvalho to sign a new Fulham contract.
2. Fulham to top the table
3. Fulham to hit the 100 goal mark
4. Mitro to score a couple more goals.

Achieve the above then we start to think of next season and concentrate on signing a replacement for Ream and Rodak well before the start of the season.

I would hope that targets have been identified already, irrespective of Marco saying no names have been discussed.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.