more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thursday Fulham Stuff - 28/04/22...

Started by WhiteJC, April 28, 2022, 12:12:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Seri: 'We'll be back to fight for the title'

A disappointed Jean Michael Seri says Fulham will fight for the title against Luton on Monday having been beaten by Nottingham Forest at Craven Cottage last night.

The Ivorian international admitted Marco Silva's men came up against a formidable Nottingham Forest, who moved to within three points of second-placed Bournemouth after Philip Zinckernagel punished some sloppy defending to grab the only goal in the first half.

Seri told FFCTV after the final whistle:

"Disappointed, frustrated, this is part of our job so we have to look forward and try and to finish the job on Monday. We played against a good team, they are fighting for something. We created a lot of chances but unfortunately we didn't score – this can happen sometimes. We have to look forward, take some positives and come back for the next game.

All of our fans are pushing us to finish well. The last night here was nice to celebrate promotion with our fans. Tonight, I think they would have expected something like that but unfortunately we didn't win and let's go again on Monday. It is clear that we want to win the title and we will fight until the end for that. We've got three days to take a rest, refresh our legs and everyone [will be] back on Monday to fight for the title."

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2022/04/seri-well-be-back-to-fight-for-the-title/

WhiteJC

Fulham interested in Stade de Reims attacker Hugo Ekitike

Fulham are interested in Stade de Reims attacker Hugo Ekitike, according to a report by the Express.

Fulham have identified the youngster as a potential summer addition.

Ekitike, 19, has caught the eye playing in Ligue 1 this season and has made 24 appearances in all competitions, chipping in with 10 goals and four assists.

The Express claim Premier League trio Wolves, West Ham United and Newcastle United are also keen on landing him.

Fulham summer target?

Fulham are back in the top flight but weren't able to seal the title yesterday after they lost 1-0 at home to Nottingham Forest.

Marco Silva's side can start to plan their recruitment for the next transfer window already and could see Ekitike as a decent long-term option for them.

The striker has been on the books at Reims for his whole career to date and has risen up through their academy. He was a regular for them at various youth levels before breaking into their first-team picture.

He was handed his first professional contract back in July 2020 and made his senior debut three months later in a league fixture against FC Lorient.

Ekitike was also loaned out to Vejle last term to get some experience under his belt and fired three goals in 11 games for the Superliga outfit.

He is under contract at Reims until the summer of 2024 but they could still face a battle to keep hold of him over the coming months with Fulham the latest club to be credited with an interest as they prepare for their return to the big time.

https://the72.co.uk/271559/fulham-interested-in-stade-de-reims-attacker-hugo-ekitike/

WhiteJC

Rodak 'has to be fully focused on this season' – Silva

Fulham boss Marco Silva has urged goalkeeper Marek Rodak to remain fully focused on the rest of this season despite possible doubts over his position in the longer term.

Sport.sk in Rodak's native Slovakia quoted him as saying that he did not want to sit on the bench next season and hopes to continue as number one or would consider his future.

The last time Fulham were promoted to the Premier League, Rodak lost his starting place despite being first choice in the Championship during the Whites' promotion-winning campaign.

But Silva called on Rodak to focus only on this season following a 1-0 home defeat by Nottingham Forest in which Fulham missed the opportunity to seal the Championship title.

"Marek has to be fully focused on this season, nothing more," he said.

Forest's win at Craven Cottage boosted their chances of pipping Bournemouth to second place and joining Fulham in the top flight.

Silva said: "They (Fulham's players) wanted to win and get the job done last Saturday. They wanted to get the job done tonight.

"We didn't perform at our best level at all. I don't see reasons to be under pressure to be honest, I think it's the best pressure you can have as a football player and as a manager – to play to get promotion and to play to get the title.

"To be champions of a competition is the best pressure you can have. If you can't deal with this pressure then something is wrong. Of course we have to live, as a group, with this pressure and work on it.

"I will speak with the players again in the next training session because we have to learn from these type of moments because I don't see reasons for us to be so unsure with the ball, rushing so many decisions."

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/silva-responds-to-report-fulham-star-could-seek-a-move

WhiteJC

Rodak 'must focus on this season,' says Silva

Marco Silva has told Marek Rodak to be 'fully focused on this season' after reports that the Fulham goalkeeper could consider his future at the club if he is replaced by a new signing this summer.

Speaking after the Slovakian international's mix up with Tim Ream decided last night's game against Nottingham Forest, the Fulham head coach demanded his current number one finish the current campaign strongly before worrying about any transfer activity ahead of the Whites' Premier League return. In an interview with a Slovak website last week, the Fulham academy graduate admitted he would probably seek a transfer if he is denied first-team football again after helping the club win promotion.

Silva told his post-match press conference:

"Marek has to be fully focused on this season, nothing more."

He admitted disappointment at failing to secure the title with a below-par performance against Forest, who are now putting pressure on Bournemouth to join the Whites in the Premier League.

"They wanted to win and get the job done last Saturday. They wanted to get the job done tonight. We didn't perform at our best level at all. I don't see reasons to be under pressure to be honest, I think it's the best pressure you can have as a football player and as a manager – to play to get promotion and to play to get the title.

To be champions of a competition is the best pressure you can have. If you can't deal with this pressure then something is wrong. Of course we have to live, as a group, with this pressure and work on it. I will speak with the players again in the next training session because we have to learn from these type of moments because I don't see reasons for us to be so unsure with the ball, rushing so many decisions."

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2022/04/rodak-must-focus-on-this-season-says-silva/

WhiteJC

Fulham transfer blow emerges on €100m-rated target

Manchester United and Paris St-Germain are leading the race to recruit Lazio midfielder Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, according to a report from Italian outlet Gazzetta dello Sport.

The 27-year-old has been an integral part of his side's cause again this term, recording nine goals and 11 assists in 33 Serie A matches during the 2021/22 campaign thus far and this record has attracted interest from elsewhere.

Championship club Fulham, who secured their promotion back to the Premier League at the first time of asking last week following a 3-0 victory over Preston North End, are also thought to be in the race for his signature with Marco Silva's men wanting to remain in the top tier for the long term.

A potential move for the Serbian midfielder could help the Cottagers in their quest to do just that, though he still has two years left on his contract at the Stadio Olimpico and this may prove to be a challenge in their potential quest to land the 27-year-old.

As per 90min.com, Juventus are also thought to be keeping close tabs on Milinkovic-Savic who has been a consistent goal contributor for his side since the 2017/18 campaign.

However, it's Erik ten Hag's United and Ligue 1 outfit PSG that are leading the race for him at this stage according to this latest report from Gazzetta dello Sport and officials at Lazio are hoping to receive €100m for his services.

Both clubs in pole position are thought to have tracked the midfielder for a while.

The Verdict:

The Serbian would be the type of player that would help to keep the Cottagers in the top flight for years – because he would provide the goalscoring prowess needed to support the likes of Aleksandar Mitrovic and Harry Wilson.

In that sense, he would also be an excellent replacement for Fabio Carvalho, though Milinkovic-Savic may benefit from playing in a slightly deeper position, potentially as a defensive midfielder alongside Jean Michael Seri.

Would the 27-year-old and Seri provide enough strength in the middle of the park though? You could certainly bet on the duo having a good impact on the top tier and that's especially important for the latter who has endured a mixed time at Craven Cottage thus far.

With the likes of Tom Cairney and Nathaniel Chalobah also in the mix, they would have some talented options on paper and the Lazio man's arrival may even allow Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa to move on permanently without causing any issues for the English side.

But his price tag and interest from elsewhere are two major barriers to this deal going through. The Cottagers may have splashed the cash before – but they would perhaps be foolish to fork out the fee needed to lure the midfielder to west London.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-transfer-blow-emerges-on-e100m-rated-target/

WhiteJC

Fresh update emerges in Fabio Carvalho Fulham/Liverpool transfer saga

Liverpool are set to confirm the signing of Fulham starlet Fabio Carvalho once the Championship season has ended, as per Football Insider.

The FI report states that the Reds have agreed personal terms with the attacking midfielder, as well as the compensation fee that will be due to Fulham as a result of the transfer and that the signing will be made official within weeks.

It could also be the case, according to the report, that the date for Carvalho's announcement is brought forward due to Fulham having secured promotion to the Premier League with several matches remaining.

Carvalho has starred for Fulham in the Championship this season, scoring nine goals and registering seven assists in 34 league appearances for the Cottagers.

His form attracted interest from Liverpool in the January transfer window, but the two clubs were unable to get a deal over the line.

As a result, several other clubs circled in the next few months, but, ultimately, it seems like Liverpool have got this one over the line.

The Verdict

The sooner this one gets confirmed, the better.

There has been so much speculation surrounding Carvalho and Liverpool since his proposed January move there fell through and it will be good to put this transfer saga to bed.

It feels like an open secret that the compensation agreement between the two clubs has been agreed, and that the player has agreed personal terms at this stage with it having been covered extensively by reputable journalists.

No doubt Carvalho, Fulham and Liverpool are all looking forward to getting this behind them and moving forward, too.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fresh-update-emerges-in-fabio-carvalho-fulham-liverpool-transfer-saga/

WhiteJC

Comment: QPR should hand lifeline to concerned Fulham man if the R's need a new no.1 this summer

QPR look to be heading towards another busy summer after what's been a disappointing season for Mark Warburton's men.

The R's sit in 11th place of the table after plummeting out of top-six contention.

Fans are disappointed with the outcome of this season and they'll be hoping to see some change this summer, perhaps in the dugout and on the pitch too.

One position that's been one of concern for Mark Warburton this season is the goalkeeper position. He's had an unprecedented amount of injuries to his goalkeepers this season having been forced to bring in emergency goalkeepers twice.

Seny Dieng is the preferred no.1 but he could yet face a contested summer with the likes of Sheffield United and West Ham having both been linked with the Senegalese this season.

Should Dieng leave then it would certainly leave a void in Warburton's starting XI, who would no doubt dip into the transfer market to replace him.

And there might be an ideal replacement just across West London in Marek Rodak.

The Slovakian shot-stopper is one of Fulham's more consistent performers. He helped them to promotion during the 2019/20 season but was overlooked in the Premier League last time round, and he's cautious of the same happening next season.

He's recently said that he doesn't want to sit on the bench next season and so a summer move could well be on the cards for the 25-year-old if Marco Silva opts to bring in someone with more Premier League experience this summer.

Rodak is a really reliable and well-rounded goalkeeper who's learned his trade the hard way, coming through the lower leagues to cement his place in the Fulham XI.

He'd be a great fit for QPR who have had recent transfer dealings with Fulham, and for Rodak it would be a chance to play regular Championship football close to home.

If QPR need a new no.1 this summer and Rodak needs a new club, then this move could be a great fit for both.

https://the72.co.uk/271572/comment-qpr-should-hand-lifeline-to-concerned-fulham-man-if-the-rs-need-a-new-no-1-this-summer/

WhiteJC

Marco Silva: Fulham boss charged by FA after red card at Bournemouth

Marco Silva's complaints came in the 95th minute after Bournemouth were awarded a penalty

Fulham boss Marco Silva has been charged by the Football Association following his red card in Saturday's 1-1 draw at Bournemouth.

Silva was dismissed deep into added time for his protests against a penalty conceded by Harry Wilson, which was scored by Dominic Solanke.

The goal rescued a point for the home side and kept the Cherries' slim title hopes alive.

Silva has until Friday to respond to the charge.

Aleksandar Mitrovic had given the already-promoted Cottagers the lead in the top-of-the-table clash with his 41st Championship goal of the season, awarded via goalline technology.

Fulham looked on course for a victory that would have all but sealed the title until Wilson was penalised for a foul on Adam Smith in added time.

An FA spokesperson said Silva's behaviour in the 95th minute was "improper", leading to the sending off.

Fulham were beaten 1-0 at home by promotion-chasing Nottingham Forest on Tuesday, while Bournemouth fought back from 3-0 down to draw against Swansea.

Fulham will secure the title with victory against Luton on Monday, or if Bournemouth fail to win at Blackburn on Saturday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61244298

WhiteJC

Report: Fulham now keen on 'very special' striker that Newcastle want

According to The Express, Fulham have an interest in Reims striker Hugo Ekitike.

The French teenager has been something of a hit in Ligue 1 this season. He's grabbed nine league goals in just 21 appearances and been described as 'very special' in the process.

Ekitike is a player that has burst onto the scene over the past 12 months, and as you may imagine, he's worked his way onto the radar of many top clubs, including, Newcastle, Liverpool and Tottenham.

Fulham will have an uphill task on their hands if they want to land Ekitike. After all, Newcastle are reportedly very keen and are now the richest club in the world.

However, Fulham have pulled off blockbuster deals in the past. They've had the likes of Dimitar Berbatov and Edwin van der Sar on their books, while in 2018 they took Jean-Michael Seri right from under the noses of Barcelona.

Fulham do have history of scouting the French market. In fact, their two club-record signings – Seri and Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa both came from Ligue 1, so it's clear to see that Tony Khan and his recruitment team believe there is value to be had in France.

After such a promising season, Ekitike surely won't come cheaply, and if Fulham sign him, it would be interesting to see the type of role he has in the squad.

One would imagine Aleksandar Mitrovic is untouchable after scoring 41 goals in the Championship, so would Ekitike play second-fiddle to the Serbian? Or would Marco Silva potentially adjust his system to play two strikers?

Ekitike is an interesting player for Fulham to be looking at, and at the age of just 19, he could be Mitrovic's long-term successor at Craven Cottage.

This is certainly a player to keep an eye on as the summer transfer window approaches.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2022/04/27/report-fulham-now-keen-on-very-special-striker-that-newcastle-want/

WhiteJC

Jean-Michael Seri: Fulham will NOT get relegated next season and I hope I can stay at this club

Jean-Michael Seri vowed that Fulham will be good value for money in the Premier League next season and definitely avoid the drop.

The last time the Cottagers steered clear of relegation in England's top-flight was in the 2012/2013 campaign, when they finished 12th under Dutchman Martin Jol.

But ever since the footballing fates have conspired to torment club, players and the loyal supporters.

They went down the following season, in 2014, and haven't been able to beat the drop in their next two occasions in 2019 and 2021.

Seri joined the West Londoners from Cote D'Azur giants OGC Nice along with Maxime Le Marchand in the summer 2018.

And he was part of the side that suffered relegation under three different managers in the following troubled campaign.

The Ivorian midfielder was shipped out on loan to Ligue 1 side Girondins Bordeaux when lightning struck twice midway through last season.

However, he's now adamant that Fulham will still be in the Premier League by the time the 2023/2024 season kicks off.

Talking to Capital Football after his side's benign 1-0 home defeat against Nottingham Forest, Seri said:

"We won't go down next year, I believe we can do a lot of things. They have to wait for us, we are coming.

"The first year when I was here it didn't go well and I was disappointed when I left on loan to Galatasaray.

"But I told them that this year I want to make club and fans proud of me, that's why I stayed.

Seri had spells in his native Ivory Coast, Portugal, France and Turkey.

But prior to this season he had never played in the second tier.

Out of contract in the summer, Seri hopes that the club triggers the one-year contract extension in his contract because he is enjoying life under manager Marco Silva in the capital.

And when asked if it was hard to come to terms with having to accept a "transitional" season in the Championship, he said: "It wasn't difficult because I said to myself that I signed for four years.

"And it would have been unacceptable to go like that without making something for our fans.

"I wanted to show that the club did the right thing to bring me here and I couldn't leave like that [after relegation last year].

"All I wanted was to stay and fight for the [Championship] title.

"And thanks God the way I started, the manager gives me his confidence and I showed him what I can.

"I knew I could help the team get promoted again so what I did I think was brilliant.

"And I hope that I will stay next season to help the team stay at least one year in Premier League.

"I enjoy working with Marco Silva. The way we play, everybody enjoys it and this is a great for the team who want to win something.

"The way that we play, the way that Marco manages the team is nice.

"But it's been tough because a lot of players are not playing like Josh [Onomah] or Kenny [Tete], Chalobah. There is a lot of players who deserve to play, this team has a lot of players with quality but unfortunately everyone cannot play.

"It was tough for the manager but I hope that we will celebrate the title here on Monday."

There is the widely-held belief that Aleksandar Mitrovic can't cut it in the Premier League and that he has a point to prove.

And that, despite netting a staggering 41 goals in the second tier and winning the EFL Championship Player of the Season this year.

But the Serbian superstar isn't the only one who may have to silence some detractors. Seri too feels that he needs to show to everybody that he has what it takes to successfully make the step up.

He said: "Of course [I have to prove it as well].

"But I think everybody in this team can play in the Premier League.

"This is about the right mindset and the confidence.

"If you have doubts about whether you can play in the Premier League, you will fail for sure.

"But with our manager, the way that we try to play and the plan it showed that we can surprise everybody.

"We have to show because the quality is there.

"The only difference has to be the mentality this time but this time we will show everybody that we can do much better in the Premier League."

And the 30-year-old is already licking his lips at the thought of the Riverside Stand finally opening for fans.

A packed stadium will give Fulham extra wings to upset the odds and be at least the fourth-worst team next year.

He added: "At the moment it looks empty but I think that when it will be full the energy the fans give us will be different for sure.

"We get excited to get to next year to see how it will be but for sure it will be a fantastic year in Premier League."

https://www.capitalfootball.co.uk/single-post/jean-michael-seri-fulham-will-not-get-relegated-next-season-and-i-hope-i-can-stay-at-this-club

WhiteJC

Silva charged with 'improper conduct'

Fulham head coach Marco Silva has been charged with improper conduct after being sent off during the dramatic end to Saturday's draw at Bournemouth.

The Whites appeared on course for revenge over former manager Scott Parker when Aleksandar Mitrovic headed them in front at the Vitality Stadium, but Silva was enraged by referee Graham Scott's decision to award a penalty for a challenge by Harry Wilson on Adam Smith. Silva was sent off for remonstrating with the officials – and has until Friday to reply to the formal FA charge.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2022/04/silva-charged-with-improper-conduct/

WhiteJC

Seri: 'We won't go down next year'

Jean Michael Seri is desperate to stay with Fulham and insists the Whites will break their yo-yo pattern between the top flight and Championship by staying up next season.

The Ivorian international has shone since being reintegrated into the starting line-up by new manager Marco Silva last summer, making 31 appearances and creating six goals as Fulham clinched promotion back to the Premier League at the first attempt. Seri told Capital Football that he is happy at Craven Cottage and looking forward to another taste of the top tier.

"We won't go down next year, I believe we can do a lot of things. They have to wait for us, we are coming. The first year when I was here it didn't go well and I was disappointed when I left on loan to Galatasaray. But I told them that this year I want to make club and fans proud of me, that's why I stayed.

It wasn't difficult because I said to myself that I had signed for four years. It would have been unacceptable to go like that without making something for our fans. I wanted to show that the club did the right thing to bring me here and I couldn't leave like that. All I wanted was to stay and fight for the title.

And thanks [to] God the way I started, the manager gives me his confidence and I showed him what I can [do]. I knew I could help the team get promoted again so what I did I think was brilliant. And I hope that I will stay next season to play at least one year in the Premier League.

I enjoy working with Marco Silva. The way that we play, everyone enjoys it and this is great for the team who want to win something. The way we play, the way that Marco manages the team is nice. But it's been tough because a lot of players are not playing like Josh [Onomah], Kenny [Tete] or [Nathaniel] Chalobah. There is a lot of players who deserve to play, this team has a lot of quality but unfortunately not everyone can play.

I think everybody in this team can play in the Premier League. This about the right confidence and mindset. If you have doubts about whether you can play in the Premier League, you will fail for sure. But with our manager, the way that we try to play and the plan it showed that we can surprise everybody. We have to show [it] because the quality is there. The only difference has to be the mentality this time but this time we will show everybody that we can do much better in the Premier League.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2022/04/seri-we-wont-go-down-next-year/

WhiteJC

Fulham 0-1 Nottingham Forest: Player ratings

Marek Rodak: To blame for the goal? Not entirely, in retrospect he should have either come out early or stayed on his line but he did neither and he should have been more vocal in telling Ream to clear the ball but I don't think anyone expected Ream not to do that without being told to. Aside from that it was a reasonable performance from Rodak with some solid saves albeit ones you'd expect him to make. He did extremely well to stop it from being 2-0 in the second half when Brennan Johnson's low cross seemed destined to be tapped in at the far post, Rodak moved across quickly and kept us in the game with a great save from close range. 5

Neco Williams: His performance tonight felt very similar to his early ones for us where he looked good going forwards but suspect defensively, he was caught out of position a number of times. The goal came down the right hand side after what looked like an initial foul on Williams who was nudged in the back, he wasn't able to get back in time for Forest's quick throw in which led to the goal. 5

Tosin Adarabioyo: He looked the most solid player in the backline today and was the only one able to match the height of the Forest side, even Mitrovic was struggling to win his headers. It wasn't a man of the match performance by any means as we gave up too many good opportunities but when the rest of the defence didn't know which way was up, Tosin managed to keep his composure. 6

Tim Ream: It was a pretty poor performance from Ream today, Forest pressed high and fast and knew exactly what they were doing. He really struggled with the high press and was forced into some wobbly moments. The goal came from his error as he attempted to shield the ball for Rodak to collect it but it wasn't the time to take any risks, with Rodak on his goal line and with plenty of time to clear the ball, Ream should have done exactly that. He did okay to recover from that and neatly beat the pressing forwards on a number of occasions. However he also misjudged a second half through ball which very nearly led to a second Forest goal. 4

Joe Bryan: Around the 20 minute mark I turned to my friend and mentioned how well I thought Bryan had done recently after a lengthy time out of the side. I stand by those words but today it fell apart from precisely that moment. In the second half in particular he looked incredible shaky, losing out on a few occasions leading to dangerous Forest attacks, luckily two heavy crosses saved his blushes. 4

Jean-Michael Seri: Aside from a couple of misplaced passes in the first half I thought he was really good today and my man of the match, he was very neat with the ball at his feet and managed to keep hold of it despite Forests incessant pressure. Some neat swivels opened up space and quickly put us onto the front foot. He also made some brilliant tackles in the CDM role but we did look far more open without Reed playing deep. Whether that's just due to how Forest played or not is something I'm not sure about. 7

Harrison Reed: He was playing in a more advanced position today and whilst he did quite well there I do feel he provides more from CDM as I've mentioned countless times. When Seri and Reed play together I struggle to see why Seri isn't the more advanced of the two as I feel he has a bit more to offer creatively. Overall a good performance from Reed and he was very unlucky not to grab an assist after setting up Carvalho for a one on one opportunity which was placed directly at Samba in the Forest goal. 6

Fabio Carvalho: Our best chance of the game fell to Carvalho but unfortunately he couldn't capitalise. Just moments after Forest's goal Fabio found himself slipped in by Reed, he had to take the shot first time but placed it directly at the keeper, from fairly close range anything either side would surely have meant an equaliser. He very nearly made up for it when his second half finessed effort from outside the area was tipped around the post by Samba. Aside from these efforts he was lively and much more effective than he was against Bournemouth. It looked like things would happen when he had the ball at his feet but sadly that never came to fruition. 6

Harry Wilson: So many nearly moments today for Wilson but it just didn't go his way. He never gave up on trying to create opportunities for himself and his teammates. Towards the end of the game he brilliantly controlled a long ball and cut inside, it seemed destined to be the moment we'd finally score but a mix up with Mitrovic stopped that from happening. 6

Aleksandar Mitrovic: He'll have to wait for another chance to draw level with the 42 goal record and at times today it seemed like that may have been on his mind as he tried to work the space to get shots in when better options were available. He very easily could have slipped Joe Bryan in on a very narrow overlap which would have given him the chance to go for goal at close range or cut it back but Mitrovic cut inside and saw his shot blocked as he was crowded out. Forest didn't give him an inch today so credit to them for that. 5

Bobby Decordova-Reid: He's put up some impressive numbers considering his playing time but he simply doesn't provide the same energy as Kebano. Numerous times last night there were opportunities to put balls in the box or continue running at defenders but he slowed down the attack and often played the easy pass to Joe Bryan. 5

Substitutes:

Tom Cairney: We were really struggling in the middle of the park in the second half and Forest were breaking every couple of minutes until Cairney came on, he provided some calmness to get us back on the front foot. 6

Kenny Tete: I'm not sure this is a change I would have made, he was reasonably solid when called upon but we seemed to lose some attacking threat when Neco was taken off. 5

Rodrigo Muniz: It seems a long time since his double against Stoke, he hasn't had more than 20 minutes in a game since then and more often than not he's come on in tough situations where we're struggling to find a goal and not playing our usual fluid football. Last night was no different and he struggled to get a hold of the ball and make an impact. It's a difficult situation as he needs more playing time but when you play with one striker and that happens to be Mitrovic it's hard to justify more minute for Muniz. 5

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2022/04/fulham-0-1-nottingham-forest-player-ratings/

WhiteJC

Ticket Exchange Open for Luton Town

Ticket Exchange for Fulham v Luton Town is now open!

The only place to purchase tickets for our final home fixture against Luton Town at Craven Cottage is the Fulham Ticket Exchange.

A limited number of Matchday Hospitality spaces remain available to buy. Packages can be purchased by emailing [email protected] or calling 020 8336 7555. More information on our packages can be found here.

Season Ticket Holders who are unable to attend can now make their ticket available for other supporters to purchase on the Club's official Ticket Exchange service by emailing [email protected] or calling the Fulham FC Ticket Office on 0203 871 0810.

WHAT IS THE TICKET EXCHANGE?

Ticket Exchange is the Club's official online resale platform which provides Season Ticket Holders the ability to list their seat for sale for other supporters to purchase at a fixture they are unable to attend. Once a purchaser is found and a sale is made, supporters will receive credit on their account to spend on future ticketing products.

The amount of credit expected to recieve for each ticket is displayed prior to listing your seat for sale.
HOW DO I LIST MY SEAT FOR SALE?

To list your seat on the Ticket Exchange for this fixture please email [email protected] or call the Fulham FC Ticket Office on 0203 871 0810.

HOW DO I BUY A SEAT ON THE TICKET EXCHANGE?

For fans looking to buy tickets through the Ticket Exchange (adult tickets only), follow the steps below:

STEP 1 - VISIT TICKETEXCHANGE.FULHAMFC.COM - CREATE AN ACCOUNT IF YOU DO NOT ALREADY HAVE ONE
    STEP 2 - SELECT YOUR SEATING AREA
    STEP 3 - CHOOSE YOUR SEATS, CLICK SELECT AND THEN ADD TO CART
    STEP 4 - COMPLETE YOUR PURCHASE

Tickets bought through the Ticket Exchange are strictly non-refundable. Supporters should be aware that availability on the ticket exchange fluctuates and tickets are only available based on Season Ticket Holders listing their seats.

For any further questions regarding the Ticket Exchange, please contact the Ticket Office at [email protected], by phone on 0203 871 0810 (opt. 1) or in person from the Fulham FC Ticket Office.

Full terms and conditions for the Ticket Exchange can be found here.

Please note, to purchase on the Ticket Exchange you must be a current Season Ticket Holder or Member, or a previous match ticket purchaser with the Club.

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2022/april/27/ticket-exchange-open-luton/

WhiteJC

Newcastle spotted scouting Fulham star after missing out on £10m release clause – Report

It looks like Fulham's Tosin Adarabioyo is back on Newcastle United's radar – or maybe he was never off it?

The Evening Standard have revealed that Toon scouts have been spotted watching the centre-back this season, stating that we are one of several Premier League clubs tracking the former Man City talent.

The club were tipped to trigger a £10m relegation release clause that was ready to be activated after the Cottager's dropped down to the second tier last summer, with The Athletic reporting that he was one of several defenders on our radar.

He ended up staying at Fulham, yet we were linked with a move for the 24-year-old once again in December, as The Times named him as a player Eddie Howe was considering ahead of the January transfer window.

A few months on, the Evening Standard reckon he's still on our radar. For now, the Nigerian is expected to stay with the London club following their immediate promotion back to the top flight, but his future is anything but secure given his contract is due to expire next summer.

One to watch, being a young, left-sided centre-back who ticks plenty boxes as a talented young player who could be available on the cheap pretty soon.

https://www.nufcblog.co.uk/2022/04/27/newcastle-spotted-scouting-fulham-star-after-missing-out-on-10m-release-clause-report/

WhiteJC

Jack and Loz at the Cottage - Blog 218
Date: 26th April 2022

Opposition: Nottingham Forest

Score: 0-1

Weather: increasingly chilly in the second half

Atmosphere: increasingly frustrated in the second half

MOTM: neat, slick and subtle on the ball but sharp, resolute and precise when winning it back, Jean-Michael Seri glided around the pitch knowing instinctively where the space and the danger zones were. None of his teammates were close to his level on Tuesday night. For Mika, Premier League standard is only a blond hair's breadth away

Drinks: by the river

In our blog on the Preston match in which Fulham sealed automatic promotion with 4 games to go we suggested that the Club could cast aside our motto of Making Life Hard for Ourselves since 1879 because we had finally done something the easy way.

But we spoke too soon. In fairness, the post-Preston euphoria clouded the fact that even securing second place had taken several attempts. And now the Championship title is so near but so far. Having agonisingly lost our grasp on it via the last minute penalty at Bournemouth we won it back as they starting shipping goals to Swansea, only to lose it again as they snatched a draw and we crashed to defeat. So much for Championis.

So, about that defeat then....

Nottingham Forest are the form team in the league, fighting for second place and full of belief and ambition. They arrived at the Cottage dressed, for some reason, as rhubarb and custard sweets but with no intention of sugar coating their treatment of the Champions in Waiting.

This was always going to be a tough game but, in accordance with our reinstated motto, Fulham made it tougher than it needed to be. Forest looked faster, sharper and more energised. They were first to every ball. Their tackles were tough and their decision making incisive. The Fulham players looked like they were still tired and emotional after last week's promotion party.

Just as they were beginning to wake up and play their way into the game, an old adversary reappeared. The Triangle of Doom first played with Fulham fates at Kenilworth Road, 2 seasons ago when a mix up between goalkeeper and defenders led to Alfie Mawson literally assisting a Luton goal. After influencing too many matches it has faded into the background this season, surfacing only sporadically. But it was back with a vengeance in the first half.

A counter attack led (somewhat suspiciously) by a Steve Cooper throw-in turned into a calamity as communication errors left the defence in disarray. Tosin simply stopped running and watched as Rodak and Ream each decided the other was going to deal with the danger. So neither of them dealt with it and the Forest player scored the easiest tap-in in history. It's pointless (no pun intended) to apportion blame but Ream should have hoofed the ball away and Rodak should have come out for it. How hard can it be????

The thing about conceding a goal early is that you have plenty of time to get one back and Fulham did start playing better. We moved the ball quicker, ran faster and linked up well. The match started to look like a game between two decent sides of which Fulham, at least in terms of technical skill, were the stronger. But we were threatening but not deadly. There were chances but they were squandered, a lot of possession but not enough forward motion. At times we were nervy and indecisive. We made life far too easy for Forest's good defence.

And, other than Seri, everyone was just a bit below par. Wilson was ineffective, Neco erratic. Harrison Reed had his worst game for a long time. Mitro was smouldering but couldn't catch light. Fabio was good in short bursts then anonymous for longer ones. Joe Bryan started well but faded fast. Tosin played some fantastic long passes but didn't do much else and Bobby worked hard but not smart.

We were clamouring for Tom to come on and change things up but in fact he added nothing. The other 2 subs were baffling both in themselves and in the formation (or lack of it) they created. Kenny played well but Neco didn't seem to need replacing and playing Muniz and Mitro together didn't work. Frankly, the match was crying out for Kebano's trickery or even another Forgotten Winger cameo from Cav.

It's time to mention another adversary: the ref. Against Bournemouth, the ref was card happy and dictatorial. Against Forest, the ref was card shy and contradictory. Both were poor and had too much influence on the game. Tuesday's ref handled Forest's first fake head injury well, not letting the dazed and confused player back on the pitch until a sensible period had passed, despite his protestations. It was all downhill from there with Forest players toppling like felled trees in what must have been a pre-planned sequence (at one point, 2 dropped to the ground at once. One of them realised he had missed his slot and jumped back up again). And somehow the ref fell for it, including stopping a dangerous Fulham attack at a crucial moment so a Forest player could receive vital and urgent treatment, only for him to pop to his feet again as soon as the medical staff were on the pitch. But none of these histrionics or other time wasting were punished.

However, the opposition's antics and the ref's shortsightedness shouldn't matter. A team which has scored 99 goals in a season should have been able to score at least one more. But what could have been a triumphant evening ended in disappointment. It probably won't matter but, even with 2 games to go, there are lessons to be learned.

The players are tired after a long season of playing at a very high level of intensity, often twice a week. The pressure is off and that intensity has slipped a bit. We didn't play our best against an in-form side and only lost through a stupid mistake. We will almost certainly end up as Champions and the fact that we are limping over the line will be forgotten, and is forgivable.

However, the pressure shouldn't be totally off. We haven't crossed that line yet and, even if we had, we still haven't achieved 100 goals and Mitro still has records to break. To add to that, it's concerning that when we go behind there is almost never a Plan B. One positive of Tuesday is that there was no panic but we couldn't find a way to turn things around. And where have all the goals gone? Those heady days of scoring 6 or 7 (or even 2 or 3) feel like an eon ago.

Ultimately, despite lots of possession and some decent chances, Fulham weren't good enough and Forest wanted it more. And so the Champions in Waiting are still just that.

Random musings:-

- congrats to Mitro for winning the Championship Player of the Year award. It must have been the easiest decision ever but that speaks volumes about his incredible season. 41 goals (so far). For Fulham. How lucky we are to watch this man play for us at the height of his powers

- 4 players in the Team of the Season is good going as well, and fully deserved

- the unlucky soap dispenser in the Hammy End toilets was empty again. Which explains a lot.

- Marco and Steve Cooper were double dressing in their zip-up black tops

- and what is it with Marco and officials these days? A red card at Bournemouth then running across the pitch to give the ref his post-match thoughts on Tuesday.

Despite Tuesday's disappointment, nothing can take away from the stunning season we are experiencing. But it's a shame that we haven't quite managed to extend our dominance to the end. We should be Champions by now and the price for not achieving it on our own terms is likely to be that it happens by default when we're not playing. Of course we'll take that. But there are two games of this fabulous season left - let's go out on a high.

https://werdsmith.com/p/syDdV2yzBE7zKk