watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Name The Line-Up Against West Bromwich Albion

Started by White Noise, January 03, 2011, 07:58:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

I think Sparky will duck the Etuhu question again and persevere with him and keep Baird at LB - though he must be wondering how Baird would do in that role. I think he will gamble on starting Dembele as West Brom are not an overly physical side and Stockers makes his return.

Stockdale

Pantsil  Hughes  Hangeland  Baird

Dempsey Etuhu  Murphy  Davies

Dembele  AJ

Subs: Etheridge, Salcido, Halliche, Greening, Gera, Duff, Kamara

Tom

Quote from: White Noise on January 03, 2011, 07:58:40 AM
I think Sparky will duck the Etuhu question again and persevere with him and keep Baird at LB - though he must be wondering how Baird would do in that role. I think he will gamble on starting Dembele as West Brom are not an overly physical side and Stockers makes his return.

Stockdale

Dempsey Etuhu  Murphy  Dempsey

Dembele  AJ

I like the lineup WN, except I don't think we have 2 Dempsey's.  :tom:  At least the last time I checked we didn't. I would put Davies in. WN, you know im giving you a hard time cause I like you.
Fulham for life!

White Noise

Quote from: Tom on January 03, 2011, 08:06:29 AM

Stockdale

Dembele  AJ

I like the lineup WN, except I don't think we have 2 Dempsey's.  :tom:  At least the last time I checked we didn't. I would put Davies in. WN, you know im giving you a hard time cause I like you.

Haha. Thatsw it I'm going back to bed once I've changed that!! :dft011:

Tom

Quote from: White Noise on January 03, 2011, 08:09:56 AM

Stockdale

Dembele  AJ

I like the lineup WN, except I don't think we have 2 Dempsey's.  :tom:  At least the last time I checked we didn't. I would put Davies in. WN, you know im giving you a hard time cause I like you.

Haha. Thatsw it I'm going back to bed once I've changed that!! :dft011:
Probably a good idea, im going to hit the sack myself.  :dft012:
Fulham for life!

TonyGilroy

Stockdale

Pantsil  Hangeland Hughes Baird

Davies  Etuhu  Murphy  Dempsey

Small crap player   Slightly larger crap player.

Lighthouse

If Dembele is fit I would put him on the wide left and Davies on the Right with Demps up front with AJ.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

HatterDon

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 03, 2011, 11:21:56 AM
If Dembele is fit I would put him on the wide left and Davies on the Right with Demps up front with AJ.

Top marks that man. Dembele is NOT a central striker. He's a goalscoring winger. I'm also wondering if we shouldn't let Greening get at his old mates.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

SmithyFFC

Stockdale

Duff  Etuhu  Murphy  Davies

Dembele  Dempsey

Subs: Etheridge, Salcido, Dikgacoi, Greening, Gera, AJ, Kamara
FTID

finnster01

Stockdale

Dembele  AJ

I think we could actually use 3 Dempseys at the moment.

Where does the cloning technology currently stand? Could we please give some grants to that instead of looking for the missing G-Spot please?

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

MJG

I think he will go with the same XI and Dembele as a sub if fit and replace Kamara.I hope he does not start Dembele because he would not be 100% and if he does he would replace Duff.
I suspect Kamara and to a lesser extent(by that I mean he will stay till the summer) Gera's days are numbered.

Wimbledon_White

Quote from: MJG on January 03, 2011, 08:14:48 PM
I think he will go with the same XI and Dembele as a sub if fit and replace Kamara.I hope he does not start Dembele because he would not be 100% and if he does he would replace Duff.
I suspect Kamara and to a lesser extent(by that I mean he will stay till the summer) Gera's days are numbered.

Yeah I quite agree. Same XI with Dembele on the bench.
Sadly I think Gera's days could definitely be numbered. Let's face it Hughes has only really played him as cover for injuries and has outright left him on the bench when he can. He obviously doesn't feature in his plans for FFC moving forwards. Shame really.

ImperialWhite

Incorporate all of our ex-Baggies, perhaps?

---------------Kamara---------------------
---------------------Gera------------------
Dembele----Murphy-----Greening-----Davies
Baird-----Hughes-------Hangeland----Paintsil
----------------Stockdale------------------

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on January 03, 2011, 09:23:59 PM
Quote from: MJG on January 03, 2011, 08:14:48 PM

Yeah I quite agree. Same XI with Dembele on the bench.
Sadly I think Gera's days could definitely be numbered. Let's face it Hughes has only really played him as cover for injuries and has outright left him on the bench when he can. He obviously doesn't feature in his plans for FFC moving forwards. Shame really.

A shame really. Of the players currently healthy, if I needed a goal from an attacking player not named Dempsey, Gera would be the man I put my money on. Deserves to be playing regularly, but I agree that it looks as if that'll be happening for another side.

And I also agree that the lineup will be the same XI with Dembele getting minutes in the 2nd half. Wish that I could see or listen to it live, but at least I'll get the replay.

COYW!
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

AlFayedsChequebook

I would go attacking and play 4-3-3

Stockdale

Paintsil     Hughes   Hangeland    Baird

Greening
                  Murphy Etuhu

Dembele                              Dempsey

AJ

os5889

Valdes
Ramos Pique Vidic Alves
Messi Kaka Gerrard Ronaldo
Villa Torres

:clap_hands:

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: os5889 on January 04, 2011, 04:07:53 PM
Valdes
Ramos Pique Vidic Alves
Villa Torres

We may win with that side, but boy would we concede too!

ImperialWhite

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on January 04, 2011, 04:06:22 PM

Stockdale

Greening
                  Murphy Etuhu

Dembele/Duff                              Dempsey/AJ

AJ/Dempsey

I like this (my modifications in bold). I'm assuming Dembele won't get a full game though, so perhaps Duff should player in Dembele's postion for the first 70 minutes or so? He looked quite good recently - as an inverted winger again we could see him cutting in and shooting or crossing. I've also moved AJ to the left so we can have Dempsey in the middle. We've seen how good Dempsey can be in the middle from crosses (e.g. the Salcido cross - Dempsey header goal in the game against Wigan) - imagine the same but from the right wing (Duff and Salcido are both at their best 'inverted' after all). Not sure I've ever seen AJ play out wide, but Murphy and Greening are probably our best passers, I can see lots of good balls AJ can drift in and onto.

os5889

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on January 04, 2011, 04:10:56 PM
Valdes
Ramos Pique Vidic Alves
Villa Torres

Probably better to put Cassilas in goal in fairness, drop Kaka for Alonso too

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: ImperialWhite on January 04, 2011, 04:19:38 PM
Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on January 04, 2011, 04:06:22 PM

Stockdale

Greening
                  Murphy Etuhu

Dembele/Duff                              Dempsey/AJ

AJ/Dempsey

I like this (my modifications in bold). I'm assuming Dembele won't get a full game though, so perhaps Duff should player in Dembele's postion for the first 70 minutes or so? He looked quite good recently - as an inverted winger again we could see him cutting in and shooting or crossing. I've also moved AJ to the left so we can have Dempsey in the middle. We've seen how good Dempsey can be in the middle from crosses (e.g. the Salcido cross - Dempsey header goal in the game against Wigan) - imagine the same but from the right wing (Duff and Salcido are both at their best 'inverted' after all). Not sure I've ever seen AJ play out wide, but Murphy and Greening are probably our best passers, I can see lots of good balls AJ can drift in and onto.

I think you have illustrated why this formation would suit us well - its flexibility regarding our current personnel. We have several options at pretty much every position and could easily make this more attacking (move Replace Etuhu with an attacking player) or defensive (play 4-5-1).

We seem to continuously play 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 when we have sh*t strikers, why not play to our strenghts in midfield?

RE: AJ, Moyes played him on the wing at Everton where he was rubbish. I would put Gera or Davies in his place.

finnster01

Quote from: os5889 on January 04, 2011, 04:24:41 PM
Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on January 04, 2011, 04:10:56 PM
Valdes
Ramos Pique Vidic Alves
Villa Torres

Probably better to put Cassilas in goal in fairness, drop Kaka for Alonso too
I like this lineup better: Mellor (maybe not), Cutbush, Fraser, Mullery, Lacy, Moore, Mitchell, Conway, Busby, Slough, Barrett. 3 points in the bag with that lot even today.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead