watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Morgan Gibbs White

Started by JimmyConway, April 29, 2022, 09:38:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimmyConway

Defiantly think his a prospect. Would not mind seeing him playing off Mitrovic.
Not sure Wolves are prepared to sell but his got a lot going for him for someone so young and certainly think he would not look out of place playing regularly in premiership.
QPR might not be the strongest test but his movement and technical quality is a joy to watch.

ffcthereligion

He's been a prospect for 4/5 years and has in that time gone down a division. We need a marquee signing to replace carvalho, not championship players

Radiowhite

Quote from: ffcthereligion on April 29, 2022, 10:37:49 PM
He's been a prospect for 4/5 years and has in that time gone down a division. We need a marquee signing to replace carvalho, not championship players
He's only 22...

The Rational Fan

It doesn't matter what we need, it only matters what we can afford. I think Morgan Gibbs White would be an excellent buy in a price range we can afford.

ffcthereligion

Quote from: The Rational Fan on April 29, 2022, 11:38:25 PM

It doesn't matter what we need, only what we can afford. I think Morgan Gibbs White would be an excellent buy in a price range we can afford.

Presumably we want to stay up next year. Who are we getting past? Leeds? Brentford? There are not many clubs who we ll be competing against. Brentford a league 1 club have Eriksen and raphina is at Leeds in that position. Pretty sure khan is richer than both their owners and we have London to sell. Let's stop underselling ourselves and aim higher than championship fodder

The Rational Fan

Quote from: ffcthereligion on April 29, 2022, 11:48:53 PM

It doesn't matter what we need, only what we can afford. I think Morgan Gibbs White would be an excellent buy in a price range we can afford.

Presumably we want to stay up next year. Who are we getting past? Leeds? Brentford? There are not many clubs who we ll be competing against. Brentford a league 1 club have Eriksen and raphina is at Leeds in that position. Pretty sure khan is richer than both their owners and we have London to sell. Let's stop underselling ourselves and aim higher than championship fodder

I am not underselling this squad, I think we have a chance of staying up with the current squad with Rodak, Reed and Seri in the starting XI. To come 17th in the premier league don't need to outspend everyone, we only need another 4 starters, another few bench reinforcement, teamwork, fight, low injuries, and a little refereeing luck.

What I am pessimistic about is having the FFP money to upgrade the squad, because we really overspent on the 2020/21 season with £93 million losses. Brentford didn't outspend Everton this season, and Brentford doesn't have as good as players as Everton, but their teamwork and fight is better.

Morgan Gibbs White is probably not quite good enough compared to what we need (ie. a team that will definitely stay up), but he is also good enough if integrated well into the team to give us a decent chance of staying up and would be excellent if we need to yo-yo again, after which he would be hitting the peak of his career and able to get FFC 17th in the EPL. We need to be realistic, Morgan Gibbs White is about as good as we can hope for.

Whitestone

Quote from: The Rational Fan on April 30, 2022, 12:02:26 AM
Quote from: ffcthereligion on April 29, 2022, 11:48:53 PM

I am not underselling this squad, I think we have a chance of staying up with the current squad with Rodak, Reed and Seri in the starting XI

What I am pesmmistic about is having the FFP money to upgrade the squad, because we really overspent on the 2020/21 season with £93 million losses.

With all due respect this squad has no chance of staying up without a major overhaul. Rodak and Reed. Come on, be serious, these guys are way below the standard. It's so blindingly obvious because the squad is full of players who have tried and failed previously.  Recruitment at Fulham has been an unmitigated disaster since we were first relegated in 2014. You'd think by now, with three promotions and two relegations we would have the basis of a squad that we could add two or three players to. Unfortunately that is not the case. The best players in last seasons squad were the loan players, ie, Areola, Andersen, Aina, Lemina, Lookman.

Sting of the North

Strange use of the word 'objectively' when it is obviously your subjective opinion. I for one thought Reed looked below the standard required last year, as well as this year. Which is my subjective opinion.

Cookie6262

Any fan who isn't interested in us getting Morgan Gibbs-White if he is available for a fair price I'm seriously questioning there football evaluations.

He is young, highly rated, has played for England at every level so far, broke into a very good Wolves team at 17 years old two years younger than Fab... if you took Fulham out the equation he has arguably  been the best player in the championship this year.

Not to mention he plays in a position of need as we are losing Fab.

I don't think Wolves will let him go but why would any fan not want him?

PaulJ123

I'd love Gibbs-White but only on a permanent. Think he'd be perfect to replace Cav and the sort of player we should be after m.

blingo

We will probably end up with a few more foreign players. I'm sure that whatever happens , MS will have a big say in who comes in. Hopefully, he makes the right purchases to keep is up.

Kingjay81

If Morgan Gibbs White is as good as we can hope for then we're going down and probably finishing 20th.