watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A song for Shahid Khan…

Started by MickyAdamsFamily, May 02, 2022, 03:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MickyAdamsFamily

We really ought to have a song for Shahid Khan. A proper song that will echo round the cottage...
It's got to be catchy and easy to sing & remember, like the Al Fayed song which is one reason it stays in rotation.
I keep thinking that we could do something based on the old hymn "Down by the Riverside". I think most people know it, and although it's not overly bouncy, it's memorable and we'd only really sing the refrain, with the lyrics altered to refer to our new stand.
It begins:"I'm gonna lay down my sword and shield, down by the riverside, down by the riverside, down by the riverside, I'm gonna lay down my sword and shield, down by the riverside, and practice war no more"
He seems to pronounce his first name as "shod" (as opposed to "shaheed"), so I reckon we should do the same.
It could be "Fulham thanks Shahid Khan, he built the Riverside (repeating the last phrase 3 times)...", or "big thanks to Shahid Khan, for our new Riverside...", or "FFC and Shahid Khan, we've got the Riverside..."
Thoughts? Suggestions?

Twig

Not a bad effort, I rather like it.

BestOfBrede

Oh come let us adore him,
Oh come let us adore him,
Oh come let us applaud him...
Shahid Khan

Come all ye faithful

cookieg

One Shahid Khan, there's only one Shahid Khan etc etc

cookieg

We've got Shahid Khan
He comes from Pakistan (yes I know not entirely correct)
He loves Fulham
He loves Fulham

Jamie88

Has any song from this forum ever made it to the terraces?

Not knocking any efforts, I'm genuinely interested.

keithh

keithh

Bonnie Tyler - holding out for a hero

BestOfBrede

Perhaps time to keep a favourite and easy song, but adapt it for now rather than past?

To the Al Fayed song for example....

Bishops Park,
By the river,
Craven Cottage is our home.
Shahid Khan and Marco Silva
Keep us up, where we belong

fatboy13

The khans had a dream to build a football team.
They spent their money & built us our new home....
With Ream at the back &
Mitro in attack...
We're Fulham fc and we're on our way back.
Do do do do do do.

Nick Bateman

Give credit to Mohamed Al Fayed who handed over ownership to what he felt was a proper person and he was right. Khan will unleash the funds he was not allowed to due to unfair FFP rules. Bring on next season.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

St. Andrews White

Agreed with the need for a song, they've given us a new stand and overseen 3 promotions. I know they've made mistakes en route but you can't fault their commitment and hopefully next year will be the one we stay up in

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

SP

Abba songs seem to work well for most things but I ran out of inspiration after 'Mr Khan, how would you feel if we won the league'.  We need Bernie Taupin.

Shropshire Lad

How about to the tune of High Ho Silver Lining we sing
Hi Ho Shahid Khan and away we go.
I see your sun is shining
And we thank you so.
COYW 049:gif

MickyAdamsFamily

I'd love for Hi Ho Silver Linings, the old Jeff Beck gem, to be a Fulham anthem, but clearly it should be for Marco. "Hi Ho Silver" should be shouted out as "Marco Silva"!, and I reckon that "linings" could be replaced by "Fulham".
I would imagine that the ideal thing would be to play the original song over the PA loudspeakers in the stadium, and we fans could shout out the updated bits over it. The chorus to shout out or sing along could be "Marco Silva's Fulham!"
Or we could raise a chant of just "Marco Silva's Fulham!" To the tune of that Hi Ho Silver Linings chorus
Here's the original:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5XuBsQ8IIM

RaySmith

Some good efforts here, but songs seem to become regularly sung by one of those who actually sing the songs starting one up in the stands, and people joining in, if they like it - a lot of songs/chants likely die a death when they aren't taken up - they have to be easy to sing and remember.

I think 'Take me home....' has that anthemic quality of enduring club songs, though probably a lot of those who now sing it don't remember the MAF era. But it is a good, resonant to fans, Fulham song - about our history of having to battle to keep out historic home, and the legacy of MAF, which still endures today, when you think of where we were when he bought us.

And he did well in appointing the Khan family as his successors, and new song mentioning the Khans song would be good, apt.

MartyFFC

3 seasons in the PL, and 3 relegations. Not sure he's at the song stage yet but there's no doubt there are far, far worse owners out there

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Shropshire Lad on May 03, 2022, 08:13:52 PM
How about to the tune of High Ho Silver Lining we sing
Hi Ho Shahid Khan and away we go.
I see your sun is shining
And we thank you so.
COYW 049:gif
I think there are too many people who'd rather not sing what would sound like "I see your son is shining"!
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Shropshire Lad

Good spot SouthCoastFFC but who knows after the transfer market and if Khan junior is involved there maybe a mood swing  049:gif

Gezza

I'm still pushing :

He's big, He's flash
He wears a big moustache
Shahid Khan, Shahid Kahn

(Repeat ad infinitum )