watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I'd like to just say..

Started by 70sPimlico, May 02, 2022, 11:12:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70sPimlico

In my, inebriated state, that on more than one occasion on here over the last couple of years that I have said Tete is best full back in league and is more than capable for us next season.

Man was on 🔥

Sgt Fulham

One of my favourite Fulham players. Would be more than happy to have him as our starting RB next season.

Bassey the warrior

His form has been patchy but when he's on his game he's top class. I'd start him over Williams, but Williams is great too.

FulhamKC

Tete had a great game and is a very good player.

I was surprised that Neco wasn't on the bench. Does anyone know if he is hurt?

HV71

Most defenders these days simply don't commit to the tackle ( often understandable given the laws / cards / refs etc ) . Kenny simply loves a tackle and his timing is superb
Great player whose only issue is fitness and injury

blingo

Quote from: HV71 on May 03, 2022, 08:33:35 AM
Most defenders these days simply don't commit to the tackle ( often understandable given the laws / cards / refs etc ) . Kenny simply loves a tackle and his timing is superb

Spot on Mr 71

JimOG

Quote from: blingo on May 03, 2022, 09:20:23 AM
Quote from: HV71 on May 03, 2022, 08:33:35 AM

Spot on Mr 71

Yep he was brilliant last night both in the match and in the after match celebrations.. :003:

bencher

I am a big fan of Tete, he's a proper full back. Neco has been decent and good at times, but for me he is a frustrated/converted winger, and I would be fearful for us with him as our starting right back in the PL, as he does not defend like Tete.

bobbo

williams has made it plain hes not falling over himself to come to us on a permanent basis . i , like you all like him but his head is still at liverpool i think.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Lordedmundo

Quote from: bencher on May 03, 2022, 10:02:07 AM
I am a big fan of Tete, he's a proper full back. Neco has been decent and good at times, but for me he is a frustrated/converted winger, and I would be fearful for us with him as our starting right back in the PL, as he does not defend like Tete.

I tend to agree about Neco. However, given Tete's injury record and Neco's versatility (he can play on the left and further forward) it would be great to have him in the squad next season.

I'll say something controversial here and that is that I think Wilson is more effective and links up better with Tete behind him than his mate Neco.

Carborundum

Magnificent last night.  His take down of the ball to set up his goal was football of the highest quality.  Arguably even better was his defending of a 2 on 1 in the first half where somehow he emerged with ball and passed to relieve the situation.  That takes skill, judgement, experience and a defender's mindset. 

ALG01

He was my MoM and in his interview he said how much of an issue he had with injury limiting game time and his actual performances. If he stays fit he will be one of the best full backs in the prem, buut i do worry that in two seasons he has been more out than in.

Free Elvis Hammond

Quote from: Carborundum on May 03, 2022, 10:52:18 AM
Arguably even better was his defending of a 2 on 1 in the first half where somehow he emerged with ball and passed to relieve the situation.  That takes skill, judgement, experience and a defender's mindset.

The one where he took a high ball down on his chest? Made it look effortless

bobby01

Quote from: Lordedmundo on May 03, 2022, 10:46:02 AM
Quote from: bencher on May 03, 2022, 10:02:07 AM

I tend to agree about Neco. However, given Tete's injury record and Neco's versatility (he can play on the left and further forward) it would be great to have him in the squad next season.

I'll say something controversial here and that is that I think Wilson is more effective and links up better with Tete behind him than his mate Neco.

I agree here, I also think Wilson is more mobile and prepared to cut inside with tete behind him, maybe because he knows tete will hold his ground.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Carborundum

Quote from: Free Elvis Hammond on May 03, 2022, 11:34:05 AM
Quote from: Carborundum on May 03, 2022, 10:52:18 AM
Arguably even better was his defending of a 2 on 1 in the first half where somehow he emerged with ball and passed to relieve the situation.  That takes skill, judgement, experience and a defender's mindset.

The one where he took a high ball down on his chest? Made it look effortless
That was done with aplomb, but I was thinking of the one near the riverside/hammy end corner where he won the ball back.

Bill2

Always liked Kenny, but he has not yet had an injury free season so have to have some reservations.