watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham's love for Mitro

Started by Thailand Mick, May 03, 2022, 06:47:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thailand Mick

Have Fulham had a player since Johnny Haynes (just before my time) that has been loved by the fans more than Mitro. Last night the loudest roar came for the 7th goal and Mitro breaking the record, it was like winning the cup with the last kick of the game and almost seemed more important than being champions.Ivor used to be my hero and had a great rapoire with the fans but not on this scale, the love is mutual and we are so lucky to have him. We'll done record breaker.

KJS

I'd say LBM was and still is idolised by the Fans but Mitro is also a true Fulham hero

Sgt Fulham

It was a perfect moment. There is really no other way to describe it. The culmination or all the hard work and quality he has put into the season and we got to celebrate that with him as one. He's a natural with the fans.

Steeeeeeeeeed

I think it's because he went topless.

Hoho, it was an amazing ending to the game. That will become iconic image of Fulham I am sure, and will be the ideal image for his statue when it surely gets built.

Mr White

Other than scoring goals it's the loyalty and love he shows for this club, thats why Haynes is loved so much, very rare in this day and age.

bill taylors apprentice

Today's fans are more demonstrative than in the past but the likes of Tosh, Cohen, Mullery, Barrett, Conway, Hayles, Hangeland etc were all "loved" but Mitro's personal achievements have certainly brought bigger success to the club.

Craven Mad

Mitro has given to our club in a massive way; he clearly could start in a number of top European leagues, yet stayed with us through thick and thin.

Delighted for him (and us) and hope he stays with us for years to come. He's a proper gent.

KJS

Quote from: Craven Mad on May 03, 2022, 09:09:59 AM
Mitro has given to our club in a massive way; he clearly could start in a number of top European leagues, yet stayed with us through thick and thin.

Delighted for him (and us) and hope he stays with us for years to come. He's a proper gent.

Totally agree he is Fulham through and through

HamsterWheel

Suspect he's glad he didn't go to Moscow last summer!

Nick Bateman

It was a glorious scene seeing that bare-chested hulk celebrate in front of a sea of black & white scarves, one of Fulham's greatest ever moments in Fulham's history!! The ref was so moved he didn't book him for taking his shirt off.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Kemosabe

Quote from: Nick Bateman on May 03, 2022, 03:24:59 PM

The ref was so moved he didn't book him for taking his shirt off.

Sadly he did book him.  Just allowed him a respectable amount of time to celebrate the (record-breaking - sort of) goal before he pulled out his card.  Thought it was good of the ref not to rush straight in.

FFC In Oz

Speaking for myself I'm struggling to think of a Fulham player I've had such adoration for.

Maybe Brian McBride but that was more for his courage and tenacity than his (vastly inferior) goal scoring exploits.

Cobh Fulham Fan

I think one word explains the Love - and the op mentioned it 'Mutual' !    049:gif

Nick Bateman

Quote from: Kemosabe on May 03, 2022, 03:35:21 PM
Quote from: Nick Bateman on May 03, 2022, 03:24:59 PM

The ref was so moved he didn't book him for taking his shirt off.

Sadly he did book him.  Just allowed him a respectable amount of time to celebrate the (record-breaking - sort of) goal before he pulled out his card.  Thought it was good of the ref not to rush straight in.

My mistake, I missed that in the mayhem. Was such a picture it would make a great club poster, I've never heard Fulham fans in such fine voice! They came for a show and the team gave them it in spades with Mitrovich the star scoring the final fantastic goal!! Compliments to the fans, perhaps we can do this more often in the Premier League!?
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"