watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We could be knackered tomorrow!

Started by Scrumpy, January 03, 2011, 05:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scrumpy

I'm a bit surprised that Hughes has not rested any players for any matches over Christmas. I know he was a hell of an athlete in his playing days, but I'm not sure there are too many in our team in the same mould. Also, I've noticed that the Official Site is now saying that Dembele 'may' play against West Brom but definately against Peterborough. His return date seems to be going backwards!

I was resonably optimistic about tomorrow but now I'm worried that we'll have no fresh legs, and a lot of the players will be very jaded having played 3 games already in a week.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

BalDrick

Doubt West Brom have a significantly larger squad though. Did they have a game the day we were due to get Roy sacked play Liverpool?
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

Lighthouse

Have to say I really don't care if Dembele is fit for Posh. I would like to see a few squad players in and the first team rested. The Cup means nothing this season and we have to keep players fit for the Prem. So if he isn't fit for tomorrow he should be fir for the next league game along with our new signings? That's when we start judging Hughes even more.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FC Silver Fox

If a professional footballer doesn't have the stamina to play 3 games of football in 10 days then he shouldn't be playing. No, I would think they'd just cut down on the training.

I also think that Dembele will be on the bench tomorrow and will just get 15-20 minutes playing time. Don't expect too much, too quickly.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

HatterDon

Some of us are knackered already.  :drums:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Aldo

compared to last season this one should be easy!

alfie

Quote from: FC Silver Fox on January 03, 2011, 05:45:18 PM
If a professional footballer doesn't have the stamina to play 3 games of football in 10 days then he shouldn't be playing. No, I would think they'd just cut down on the training.

I also think that Dembele will be on the bench tomorrow and will just get 15-20 minutes playing time. Don't expect too much, too quickly.

i totally agree they are supposed to be super fit athletes, bad results always bring out the "tired" word
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

RidgeRider

Agreed. As you all know I race bikes and have a pretty regimented training schedule during the season, a bit less so during the off season, and while cycling is low impact, recovering from a really hard ride race usually only takes 1 day, maybe two, even for an old guy like me who is 20 years older than most of the guys on our team. 

The thing that takes longer to recover from are the little knocks that come with a physical game that is anything but low impact. Your heart and lungs usually only take a day for a top level athlete to recover but the muscles, joints, and bruises can take a bit longer. These guys should all have the cardio, anaerobic and muscle fatigue fitness to play 3 times in 10 days.

Blingo

Cup means NOTHING this year Light head?????? We're going to bl00dy well win it m8.

SmithyFFC

Quote from: Blingo on January 03, 2011, 06:31:42 PM
Cup means NOTHING this year Light head?????? We're going to bl00dy well win it m8.

If a good cup runs means we are relegated I'd take an embrassing defeat to Posh and stay up.
FTID

Jimbobob

Quote from: RidgeRider on January 03, 2011, 06:28:58 PM

Agreed. As you all know I race bikes and have a pretty regimented training schedule during the season, a bit less so during the off season, and while cycling is low impact, recovering from a really hard ride race usually only takes 1 day, maybe two, even for an old guy like me who is 20 years older than most of the guys on our team. 

The thing that takes longer to recover from are the little knocks that come with a physical game that is anything but low impact. Your heart and lungs usually only take a day for a top level athlete to recover but the muscles, joints, and bruises can take a bit longer. These guys should all have the cardio, anaerobic and muscle fatigue fitness to play 3 times in 10 days.

I agree but it also has a lot to do what their recovery regime is. Three matches in ten days is a lot and it doesn't make them "soft" to be tired. If our training staff isn't modern then the guys could be beat. If it is and they are getting the proper recovery then they will be alright. But good grief they have a right to be tired. DID YOU KNOW? Of the distance commonly traveled in a typical game (5.5-6.8 miles), 2.4 mi are spent jogging, 1.2 miles are used running at a high but not maximum speed, 0.6 mi are spent sprinting, 1.5 mi walking, and 0.3 mi are spent moving backwards
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

RidgeRider

Quote from: Jimbobob18 on January 03, 2011, 07:26:27 PM

I agree but it also has a lot to do what their recovery regime is. Three matches in ten days is a lot and it doesn't make them "soft" to be tired. If our training staff isn't modern then the guys could be beat. If it is and they are getting the proper recovery then they will be alright. But good grief they have a right to be tired. DID YOU KNOW? Of the distance commonly traveled in a typical game (5.5-6.8 miles), 2.4 mi are spent jogging, 1.2 miles are used running at a high but not maximum speed, 0.6 mi are spent sprinting, 1.5 mi walking, and 0.3 mi are spent moving backwards

Agreed. Not sure how good the physio staff is under this manager, but a professional physio knows that proper rest, meaning sleep, is the number one key to recovery, then proper nutrition at the right times, ice baths, massage, and light exercise. As mentioned above, they are probably doing very light workouts between matches to allow for muscle recovery.

ImperialWhite

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on January 03, 2011, 07:14:45 PM

If a good cup runs means we are relegated I'd take an embrassing defeat to Posh and stay up.

Would you? I was wondering about that  myself (might make a poll).

Which would you rather:
-that we'd won the Europa League (but are definitely relegated this season)
-or we lost in the final, but survive this season?

MJG

Quote from: ImperialWhite on January 03, 2011, 07:59:22 PM

Which would you rather:
Won the cup

SmithyFFC

Quote from: ImperialWhite on January 03, 2011, 07:59:22 PM

Which would you rather:

If it was the Europa League, I'd win the final and be relegated, in my opinon a better tournament than the FA Cup and the journey was such a rollercoster we deserved to win. However, after winning the final, maybe:

1. Roy had stayed
2. We could have signed far better players
3. Could have attracted a more high profile manager once Roy had gone
FTID

finnster01

Quote from: Jimbobob18 on January 03, 2011, 07:26:27 PM

...and 0.3 mi are spent moving backwards[/i]

That's all Dickson Etuhu runs in a match?
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Jimbobob

...and 0.3 mi are spent moving backwards[/i]
[/quote]

That's all Dickson Etuhu runs in a match?
[/quote]

Don't ever change...you are so damn funny... :clap_hands: :doh: :bump:
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

YankeeJim

If they only run back .3 miles, wouldn't that put them Kent by match end?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.