watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

play offs

Started by Andy S, May 11, 2022, 12:43:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deeping_white

Luton or Huddersfield in an ideal world, just better for football as Forest fall into the same category as Leeds of self-entitled big club that underachieve and make that everyone else's issue and Sheff Utd sacked Slav so I don't like them for that reason alone. As per a few posts above I think both Luton & Hudds will struggle as well so even better for us, but Luton in the PL would be a good back story considering their fall from the top division and then making it back on a very small budget.

Motspur Park

I think that to say Huddersfield will struggle applies a similar logic to calling us a yo yo club and saying Mitro can't hack it in the premier league. He hasn't been able to hack it for the simple reason of how we set ourselves up. If he played for West Ham he would be a 20 goal striker but with us, he won't find the net as often.

We can stay in the league with the right acquisitions proving the lazy pundits wrong. Huddersfield have a very good manager and have performed brilliantly in the last couple of months. They will be in the same boat as us next season if they were to go up. I expect us Bournemouth and whoever comes up to be in the bottom 5 or 6 next season (not sticking my neck out far with that prediction) so survival will be down to whether we can grind out more points than our relegation rivals.

keith

As I lived in Dunstable for 14 Years, it's Luton for me.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: keith on May 11, 2022, 10:46:58 PM

Would be lovely for them to get into the big time.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Thailand Mick

Quote from: Motspur Park on May 11, 2022, 07:13:31 PM
I think that to say Huddersfield will struggle applies a similar logic to calling us a yo yo club and saying Mitro can't hack it in the premier league. He hasn't been able to hack it for the simple reason of how we set ourselves up. If he played for West Ham he would be a 20 goal striker but with us, he won't find the net as often.

We can stay in the league with the right acquisitions proving the lazy pundits wrong. Huddersfield have a very good manager and have performed brilliantly in the last couple of months. They will be in the same boat as us next season if they were to go up. I expect us Bournemouth and whoever comes up to be in the bottom 5 or 6 next season (not sticking my neck out far with that prediction) so survival will be down to whether we can grind out more points than our relegation rivals.
I agree with what you posted but I think Forest and Sheffield United will have a better chance of attracting better players to their club than Huddersfield so possibly making them stronger.

Motspur Park

I don't disagree Mick. Playing at Forest is normally a hard game for us. I just don't think it is a given that Huddersfield will be this year's Norwich.

bencher

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on May 12, 2022, 03:22:17 AM
Quote from: keith on May 11, 2022, 10:46:58 PM

Would be lovely for them to get into the big time.

Let's not forget in the late 80s / early 90s they were a top division side and got to two cup finals, winning the League Cup once.

FacundoSavasfacemask

No team in the Premier League is a walk over, don't forget that. We haven't faired amazingly well this season against the teams in the top six, so we need to bring in some quality to stand half a chance.