watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Preseason friendly announced

Started by f321ffc, May 11, 2022, 08:29:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

f321ffc

A Fulham XI will face Margate at Hartsdown Park on July 20. Margate say the friendly is part of the deal for Martial Godo, who signed earlier this season after a successful trial with #FFC
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

SP

The boss will be chuffed when I tell her we're off to Margate to celebrate our wedding anniversary.........

davew

That will be a stern test for our defence!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

SG

Quote from: SP on May 11, 2022, 08:35:26 PM
The boss will be chuffed when I tell her we're off to Margate to celebrate our wedding anniversary.........

She can visit the Turner art gallery whilst you visit the football ground. Seems a sensible compromise to me !

Fernhurst

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Carborundum

Godo sounds just the player we have been waiting for.

Mince n Tatties

H4usuallysitting

Please let us have a friendly away to St Pauli

Thailand Mick

I would like to see us have more pre season friendlies, although last season we started well the previous seasons we have not. I think at least ten games giving all the players approximately 5 full games in Total. I remember in our Europa league season we also started well in the league because we had a competitive edge on our opponents and maybe this is something the club will look at to give us an early advantage over some teams.

RaySmith

Quote from: Carborundum on May 11, 2022, 10:08:04 PM

Maybe he will be Lucky for us - at least help us to fail better.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on May 11, 2022, 10:30:27 PM

So you like hanging around Red Light Districts. 😄

Holders

Quote from: SG on May 11, 2022, 08:45:37 PM
Quote from: SP on May 11, 2022, 08:35:26 PM

She can visit the Turner art gallery whilst you visit the football ground. Seems a sensible compromise to me !

That would be brilliant. At last a reason to visit Margate, to which I've never been. 
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Huge

Quote from: Carborundum on May 11, 2022, 10:08:04 PM

Waiting for Godo  049:gif
The Dude abides

bog

Quote from: Fernhurst on May 11, 2022, 08:52:49 PM
Dreamland ........Yes.

It will be for me Sir as I live about 5 miles from Hartsdown Park! COYW!!!!  :clap_hands: :yay: 049:gif

092.gif

KJS

Quote from: Thailand Mick on May 12, 2022, 04:57:40 AM
I would like to see us have more pre season friendlies, although last season we started well the previous seasons we have not. I think at least ten games giving all the players approximately 5 full games in Total. I remember in our Europa league season we also started well in the league because we had a competitive edge on our opponents and maybe this is something the club will look at to give us an early advantage over some teams.

The lack of friendly matched was down to Lockdown

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on May 12, 2022, 06:11:44 AM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on May 11, 2022, 10:30:27 PM

So you like hanging around Red Light Districts. 😄

I'll hang around anywhere....

Stevieboy

Used to go to boarding school in Westgate 'next door' to Margate,in the late 60s.....remember going to Dreamland a few times at weekends when my parents would visit.

Mince n Tatties

rebel

Will I need a 'compass' to get to Margate?

Thailand Mick

Quote from: KJS on May 12, 2022, 05:52:12 PM
Quote from: Thailand Mick on May 12, 2022, 04:57:40 AM

The lack of friendly matched was down to Lockdown
I think we've had a low number of friendly games each season since joka took over as manager.