watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army- Today 12 years ago....

Started by bog, May 12, 2022, 10:10:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

I was driving in the middle of France chanting and full of disbelief...

092.gif

FacundoSavasfacemask

Teams
Atletico Madrid: De Gea, Antonio Lopez, Ujfalusi, Dominguez, Perea, Raul Garcia, Paulo Assuncao, Simao, Forlan, Aguero, Reyes. Substitutes: Blazquez, Juanito, Leandro Cabrera, Valera, Camacho, Jurado, Eduardo Salvio.

Fulham: Schwarzer, Konchesky, Hangeland, Baird, Hughes, Gera, Murphy, Duff, Etuhu, Davies, Zamora.Substitutes: Zuberbuhler, Pantsil, Riise, Dempsey, Greening, Dikgacoi, Nevland.

The Atletico team had some absolute class in its ranks, the fact we took it to extra time, having played in literally every round that year, is something quite, quite special

bog

It was. I will never forget when Simon Davies equalised. Just 2 minutes from penalties.

092.gif   

filham

Those players are now Fulham heroes but in all honesty they were a long way from world class at the time, no doubt that the sum of the parts was better than the individuals. We should have a hall of fame in the new stand and Roy should occupy one of the prime positions in it.

Cambridge Pete

Remember it well. Stayed in Hamburg the night and (apart from the result a good time was had). Will believe to my dying day that had Zamora and Duff been fully fit we would have won.

bog

Quote from: Cambridge Pete on May 13, 2022, 08:48:41 AM
Remember it well. Stayed in Hamburg the night and (apart from the result a good time was had). Will believe to my dying day that had Zamora and Duff been fully fit we would have won.

Totally agree. Collectively we were such a well balanced side with Murphy running the show and Zamora leading from the front. He was unplayable at times and caused havoc with defenses. I have no idea how long it would taken me to get home if we had won. I would have be quite prepared to walk!  049:gif

092.gif

Holders

I believe we'd have won if it had gone to penalties.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

bog

Quote from: Holders on May 13, 2022, 09:13:16 AM
I believe we'd have won if it had gone to penalties.

I know he was tired when he was taken off by Roy but Danny was a top man to take a penalty on such an occasion. The second highest final in all of Europe. What an open top bus ride through Fulham that would have been..... :dft001: