watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitro

Started by Andy S, May 12, 2022, 07:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

I don't believe all the crap about Mitro not being good enough for the Premier. So should we offer him an extended run as our number nine no matter what happens at the start of next season as strikers ooze confidence if they know they are loved.

rebel

The key to keep him performing at his best is keep him happy and interested. Silva did that with his tactics and team selections.

A major feature of Mitro is that when the season starts, he's on 'fire', mostly top of the top scorer tables, but then there's a gradual decline, but last season Silva kept him happy and interested.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Andy S on May 12, 2022, 07:46:31 PM
I don't believe all the crap about Mitro not being good enough for the Premier. So should we offer him an extended run as our number nine no matter what happens at the start of next season as strikers ooze confidence if they know they are loved.

Obviously we should give him an extended run, he's more than earned that. I expect him to be better than before.

filham

Of course Mitro has to have support, his goals don't come from outside the box or from long solo runs but from good balls fed to him in goal scoring positions on the ground and in the air.
Our attacking players have to be at least as good or better than this season.

Priority ,persuade Carvalho to stay, without him Mitro will score less.

Vuk1

His last season in the EPL unfortunately was the combination of a number of factors (started it injured, hamstring never really 100%, first time in a long time that he fell short of confidence, fell out of favor with Parker, Covid ,breach of Covid protocol etc) everything that could've gone wrong did go wrong. His first stint with Fulham had 11 Goals - which if judging by this season would put him equal 12th in the Goal chart.

I'm certain that Mitro will score between 10-20 goals next season and that puts him in elite territory. The only uncertainty is that there will be a World Cup crammed into the middle of the season, tough to know how that will impact form, confidence, injury etc.

Woolly Mammoth

Let me reassure ourselves that there will be many a defender shaking in his boots at the prospect of trying to mark Mitro out of the game for the full 90 minutes, that is a long time to have to compete with a Grisly Bear who knows the way to goal on the deck and in the air.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: filham on May 12, 2022, 09:32:44 PM
Of course Mitro has to have support, his goals don't come from outside the box or from long solo runs but from good balls fed to him in goal scoring positions on the ground and in the air.

Agreed that Mitro's support will determine how well he does next season.   He's going to be facing much better defenses than the ones faced in the Championship.   Faster, stronger, more agile CBs that won't shrink from Mitro's physical style of play.   To unlock that he's going to need Harry Wilson and whomever our LW player is to be even better than we saw from Harry and Nees this season.

He's also going to need a quality attacking mid.   The kind of player that will cost at minimum 25 million...that's a better version of Fabio.

Mitro can be a 15 goal a season player...but we need attacking threats all over the pitch so he can't be marked out of games.  imo.

bencher

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on May 13, 2022, 06:13:54 AM
Quote from: filham on May 12, 2022, 09:32:44 PM

Agreed that Mitro's support will determine how well he does next season.   He's going to be facing much better defenses than the ones faced in the Championship.   Faster, stronger, more agile CBs that won't shrink from Mitro's physical style of play.   To unlock that he's going to need Harry Wilson and whomever our LW player is to be even better than we saw from Harry and Nees this season.

He's also going to need a quality attacking mid.   The kind of player that will cost at minimum 25 million...that's a better version of Fabio.

Mitro can be a 15 goal a season player...but we need attacking threats all over the pitch so he can't be marked out of games.  imo.

I agree with this. The better defences, if just left marking Mitro, will restrict him to half-chances or nothing at all. He then gets frustrated and starts berating the ref for every decision that doesn't go his way. We need to give defenders lots of different problems so that Mitro can find a yard to get on a cross or cut back. We also need to use Mitro as a target man for holding it up and laying it off to midfielders arriving late. We really need to find some goals from midfield next season, which means that the current crop of Anguissa, Seri, Cairney, Reed, Chalobah and Onomah will not do. We need midfielders that can be expected to score a minimum of 5 goals each next season - we haven't had any regular midfield goals since Cairney and Johansen in 2017-18. I'd be keen to look at bringing in John Swift he is due a chance at PL level.

rebel

If Mitro is marked out of matches, we need to have other threats, Mitro will need to do other things, have other angles of attack.

I don't think we have seen the best of him, could he be the best striker the Premiership has ever seen, yes.

colinwhite

Silva got Mitro fit, a good few kilos down in weight, inspired and helped him develop as a player. His  complete role in the team has changed . I can definitely see him dropping into positions to pick the ball up with other players running beyond him from mid field.
How a trainer sets up his team can make a player look better or poorer. Mitro was poor under Parker ,who completely failed to realize Mitros potential. I believe that Mitro would score in teams where he is given the right service in a side with a good amount of possession. I have a feeling Mitro could do really well next season, and I'm not just talking about his goals.

rebel

Quote from: colinwhite on May 13, 2022, 08:44:47 AM
Silva got Mitro fit, a good few kilos down in weight, inspired and helped him develop as a player. His  complete role in the team has changed . I can definitely see him dropping into positions to pick the ball up with other players running beyond him from mid field.
How a trainer sets up his team can make a player look better or poorer. Mitro was poor under Parker ,who completely failed to realize Mitros potential. I believe that Mitro would score in teams where he is given the right service in a side with a good amount of possession. I have a feeling Mitro could do really well next season, and I'm not just talking about his goals.

Mitro should of been 'fit' in any case. What Silva has done is the 'opposite' of Parkerball, play possession football with purpose.

Mitro scored 26 goals playing 'Parkerball', go figure he scores 43 goals playing 'Silvaball'.

It's simply not the case that Mitro is 'now this or that', he's always been the complete player. You just need to watch him at international level.

I'm happy for you to see things differently.

bog

Mitro's style seems good enough for his country with 44 goals in 71 appearances.

092.gif