watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Used Cars

Started by Dodgin, May 17, 2022, 04:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HV71

I have a Polestar 2 on order since February - delivery keeps moving back and is now scheduled for October ( believe it when I see it )
2nd hand prices were so high that I sold my XC90 in anticipation of the original delivery date of May . That will teach me ! So the Fiat Panda is clocking up the miles big time - but that's a real 2nd world problem given the state of things right now for so many people

FFC1987

Quote from: HV71 on May 19, 2022, 09:28:50 AM
I have a Polestar 2 on order since February - delivery keeps moving back and is now scheduled for October ( believe it when I see it )
2nd hand prices were so high that I sold my XC90 in anticipation of the original delivery date of May . That will teach me ! So the Fiat Panda is clocking up the miles big time - but that's a real 2nd world problem given the state of things right now for so many people

Yeh, I should add on the electric car front, I'm on a 9-12 month waiting list but that doesn't bother me currently but appreciate everyone doesn't have the luxury of time!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: rogerpbackinMidEastUS on May 19, 2022, 03:46:07 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 17, 2022, 11:57:25 PM
My Horse and Cart has kept its price, add the manure and i reckon i have made a decent profit. 

How on earth would a horse and cart be able to pull you along

Sorry Roger i forgot to mention, i actually pull the horse and cart along. That is the only way we can get about together.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 19, 2022, 09:45:35 AM
My Horse and Cart has kept its price, add the manure and i reckon i have made a decent profit. 

Sorry Roger i forgot to mention, i actually pull the horse and cart along. That is the only way we can get about together.

Not asking about your manure

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on May 19, 2022, 10:10:13 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 19, 2022, 09:45:35 AM

Not asking about your manure

I need two shovels for that.

Never forget your Roots.

Gloucester White

I have a Polestar. Very happy with it. Took a little while to get used to the one pedal driving, but enjoy that now. I had to wait only 3 weeks, but demand has shot up lately resulting in longer delays.

I ordered mine in February, took delivery as soon as the 22 plates arrived. You must have been unlucky having to wait until October.

Jim©

Quote from: Gloucester White on May 19, 2022, 11:19:22 AM

I have a Polestar. Very happy with it. Took a little while to get used to the one pedal driving, but enjoy that now. I had to wait only 3 weeks, but demand has shot up lately resulting in longer delays.

I ordered mine in February, took delivery as soon as the 22 plates arrived. You must have been unlucky having to wait until October.

BMW ordering is a bit of a nightmare at the minute.
Ordered a new one in Jan, expected delivery May, pushed back to June, then last week status changed to order no longer accepted by factory.
As someone said, very very first world issues, but when i'm spending more than i ever have on anything bar a house, you'd expect a bit of service and help along the way.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: bobbo on May 18, 2022, 08:08:45 PM
I'm shaping up right now to change my car due it doesent comply with ULEZ by only about 4 months when they changed the emission to get the next year up with ULEZ compliance is another 5k .

You told me you had a Motorbike and side car.

Never forget your Roots.

HV71

There seems to be quite a few of us who ordered mid Feb and been pushed back to October. The first thing that peeved me was that the pilot pack lost the pixel headlights and then the delivery dates have just kept moving back . Whilst I understand the issues the communication from Polestar has been woefully inadequate. I get most info from the users forum - which is very good . May I ask which spec did you opt for Gloucester White? I'm so glad that you love the car - I went for LRDM pilot and plus in Magnesium with black tech weave.

Gloucester White

Quote from: HV71 on May 19, 2022, 02:29:19 PM

There seems to be quite a few of us who ordered mid Feb and been pushed back to October. The first thing that peeved me was that the pilot pack lost the pixel headlights and then the delivery dates have just kept moving back . Whilst I understand the issues the communication from Polestar has been woefully inadequate. I get most info from the users forum - which is very good . May I ask which spec did you opt for Gloucester White? I'm so glad that you love the car - I went for LRDM pilot and plus in Magnesium with black tech weave.

I ordered the standard battery, and no packs. I would have liked parts of some of the packs, butI wanted to take advantage of the second hand values around at the moment - I sold my Volvo V40 for slightly more than I paid for it 3 years ago (crazy world). Polestar had a few cars in stock, so I opted for one of those so I wouldn't be without a car for longer than a few days. Choose the Thunder colour which is nothing like the photo on the website, but looks good. Had a test drive in Milton Keynes - not in the roundabouts part of the town, more around Buckingham. Very enjoyable, but ordering on the website was more difficult than it should have been.

The car is a joy to drive. Very comfortable, so smooth when accelerating, top quality fittings, and it's fun telling Google to do what in previous cars always needed a switch. I have solar panels and, so far, I haven't had to pay to charge the car. I enjoy the looks from Tesla drivers, most of whom look as though they wished they had opted for a Polestar! All EVs will be able to use Tesla's charging points later this year, which kills off any advantage of buying a Tesla rather than another EV.

bobbo

H4 thanks for all your help and advice . I quite old and old fashioned I really don't think I can bring myself to buy an electric car or a hybrid . But maybe I should I just don't know my daughter works in an upmarket Mercedes' dealership and has been advising me against. Tomorrow morning might be my decision made I'm checking out a q3 . I certainly appreciate your help and opinion.👍 .
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: bobbo on May 19, 2022, 03:20:28 PM
H4 thanks for all your help and advice . I quite old and old fashioned I really don't think I can bring myself to buy an electric car or a hybrid . But maybe I should I just don't know my daughter works in an upmarket Mercedes' dealership and has been advising me against. Tomorrow morning might be my decision made I'm checking out a q3 . I certainly appreciate your help and opinion.👍 .

Could you advise me Bobbo, in your opinion or perhaps your daughters professional opinion, which top class Mercedes would be recommended, one from the Saloon Series and one from the Sports Range.
I am being serious for once and i am on a mission to contemplate getting one of each.

Never forget your Roots.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 19, 2022, 03:55:13 PM

Could you advise me Bobbo, in your opinion or perhaps your daughters professional opinion, which top class Mercedes would be recommended, one from the Saloon Series and one from the Sports Range.
I am being serious for once and i am on a mission to contemplate getting one of each.

Get a hybrid

Logicalman

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on May 19, 2022, 08:43:50 AM
Quote from: Logicalman on May 18, 2022, 09:59:14 PM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on May 18, 2022, 09:14:18 PM
Quote from: bobbo on May 18, 2022, 08:08:45 PM
I'm shaping up right now to change my car due it doesent comply with ULEZ by only about 4 months when they changed the emission to get the next year up with ULEZ compliance is another 5k .

Have a look at a hybrid...great mpg

Yep, after driving a Hyundai Ioniq hybrid for three weeks when we visited last October, I was pleasently surprised, and even impressed, at the fact that I didn't need to charge it once (it had ~12% when we collected it) and only had to put petrol in the tank 3 times, and didn't fill it up at any point (unitl we returned it), and that was for driving it around London/SE a couple of days, a week in Oxfordshire, a week in Devon and a final week in Yorkshire.

Looking to change out one of our cars here in the next 12 months and it looks like the Ioniq 5 Hybrid hatch is currently top of the list. ioniq-5

My only gripe was the wear and tear of the thing, as my misses managed to - literally - rip off the front passenger door handle one morning, and she's not quite know for her strength (beer drinking yes, strength, not quite).

I think the Ioniq 5 is 100% electric

.. as Capt Mainwaring would say, "I was wondering when someone would notice that ...", ahem, you are perfectly correct sir, this is the real link IONIQ Hybrid  It's the missus that bangs on about the Ioniq 5.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Logicalman

Quote from: Jim© on May 19, 2022, 11:38:33 AM

BMW ordering is a bit of a nightmare at the minute.
Ordered a new one in Jan, expected delivery May, pushed back to June, then last week status changed to order no longer accepted by factory.
As someone said, very very first world issues, but when i'm spending more than i ever have on anything bar a house, you'd expect a bit of service and help along the way.

You think it's a nightmare there? Up to not too many years ago the only BMW dealer for new cars & genuine servicing for the whole of Indiana State was In Indianapolis, and from what I gather recently, they may still be!
I recall some 10 years back driving 120 miles to Indy just for the wife to test drive one of the Mini's, and she was going to buy the clubman, but after the way the salesman treated her, she ripped him a new one and walked out. Those were the days .....
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

blingo

Woolly, there is no finer saloon car than the s class. The 2022 model is A1.

bobbo

Aw Woolley I only just seen your your message , now here's the problem , she's in Avalon just outside Sydney OZ . That doesn't mean she wouldn't help. It currently 5:15 Saturday morning but I guess she'll want to know what your budget is on each . Pm me woolley if you want to.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: blingo on May 20, 2022, 07:41:23 PM

Thanks Blingo just this minute googled it up from about £82,965 new, i shall check more of the details out.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: bobbo on May 20, 2022, 08:16:08 PM
Aw Woolley I only just seen your your message , now here's the problem , she's in Avalon just outside Sydney OZ . That doesn't mean she wouldn't help. It currently 5:15 Saturday morning but I guess she'll want to know what your budget is on each . Pm me woolley if you want to.

Thanks Bobbo, if i need to i shall.

Never forget your Roots.

blingo

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 21, 2022, 09:25:12 AM
Quote from: blingo on May 20, 2022, 07:41:23 PM

Thanks Blingo just this minute googled it up from about £82,965 new, i shall check more of the details out.

You can conifure your own spec on the merc website. I have cavansite blue with the beige interior. The 500 is more than enough power to float down the road with no outside noise