watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Used Cars

Started by Dodgin, May 17, 2022, 04:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodgin

Bought a Mazda 2 about 4 years ago for £4500 had a look on Gumtree out of curiosty. Prices up £2500 to £3500. Just seems crazy.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

I bought my  67 Kia Picanto in October 2020 for £10,000 and the identical model is now being sold for the same price 20 months later.. it has widely been reported that the sale of new cars has slumped and the demand for second hand cars has increased.

Jim©

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on May 17, 2022, 04:35:01 PM
I bought my  67 Kia Picanto in October 2020 for £10,000 and the identical model is now being sold for the same price 20 months later.. it has widely been reported that the sale of new cars has slumped and the demand for second hand cars has increased.

New car sales have slumped but nothing to do with demand, just that the companies are struggling to build them at the moment with chip shortages, ukraine war, cv19 etc.
I've been mucked about many times on a new car order and very nearly just ordered a second hand one but would prefer to hold out for new.
2nd hand prices are mental and means a nice bit of equity for most car owners who are coming to the end of leases.

Stevieboy

Haven't noticed much difference in used prices but having problems ordering new E53.

H4usuallysitting

My 2nd hand motor is currently 40% more than I paid for it... it's bizarre.... deregistered my cab & then sold it....also bizarre

Bronaldinho

Also if your car is ULEZ compliant, it'd have gone up in price. Rumours that ULEZ area is expanding next year potentially.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

YankeeJim

I wanted to sell my 2003 Mustang GT ragtop two years ago but the best offer I got was $2700. I sold it last September for $6500. Crazy times.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Woolly Mammoth

My Horse and Cart has kept its price, add the manure and i reckon i have made a decent profit. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 17, 2022, 11:57:25 PM
My Horse and Cart has kept its price, add the manure and i reckon i have made a decent profit. 
You should keep the manure to put on your rhubarb a. Don't dare respond by saying you prefer custard.

Ronnief

How much do you charge for Mammoth Poo?  092.gif

bobbo

I'm shaping up right now to change my car due it doesent comply with ULEZ by only about 4 months when they changed the emission to get the next year up with ULEZ compliance is another 5k .
1975 just leaving home full of hope

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: bobbo on May 18, 2022, 08:08:45 PM
I'm shaping up right now to change my car due it doesent comply with ULEZ by only about 4 months when they changed the emission to get the next year up with ULEZ compliance is another 5k .

Have a look at a hybrid...great mpg

bobbo

Thanks h4 but I'm looking at Audi Q3 petrol 1.4 , I certainly need the change before new season. Sadie khan isn't my best friend with his ULEZ changes.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Logicalman

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on May 18, 2022, 09:14:18 PM

Yep, after driving a Hyundai Ioniq hybrid for three weeks when we visited last October, I was pleasently surprised, and even impressed, at the fact that I didn't need to charge it once (it had ~12% when we collected it) and only had to put petrol in the tank 3 times, and didn't fill it up at any point (unitl we returned it), and that was for driving it around London/SE a couple of days, a week in Oxfordshire, a week in Devon and a final week in Yorkshire.

Looking to change out one of our cars here in the next 12 months and it looks like the Ioniq 5 Hybrid hatch is currently top of the list. ioniq-5

My only gripe was the wear and tear of the thing, as my misses managed to - literally - rip off the front passenger door handle one morning, and she's not quite know for her strength (beer drinking yes, strength, not quite).

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

How on earth would a horse and cart be able to pull you along
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Logicalman

Quote from: rogerpbackinMidEastUS on May 19, 2022, 03:46:07 AM

How on earth would a horse and cart be able to pull you along

I believe he's speaking conceptually!  :005:
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: bobbo on May 18, 2022, 09:29:52 PM
Thanks h4 but I'm looking at Audi Q3 petrol 1.4 , I certainly need the change before new season. Sadie khan isn't my best friend with his ULEZ changes.

Very nice car the Q3..... Test drive a Hybrid with sport mode...very interesting

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Logicalman on May 18, 2022, 09:59:14 PM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on May 18, 2022, 09:14:18 PM

Yep, after driving a Hyundai Ioniq hybrid for three weeks when we visited last October, I was pleasently surprised, and even impressed, at the fact that I didn't need to charge it once (it had ~12% when we collected it) and only had to put petrol in the tank 3 times, and didn't fill it up at any point (unitl we returned it), and that was for driving it around London/SE a couple of days, a week in Oxfordshire, a week in Devon and a final week in Yorkshire.

Looking to change out one of our cars here in the next 12 months and it looks like the Ioniq 5 Hybrid hatch is currently top of the list. ioniq-5

My only gripe was the wear and tear of the thing, as my misses managed to - literally - rip off the front passenger door handle one morning, and she's not quite know for her strength (beer drinking yes, strength, not quite).

I think the Ioniq 5 is 100% electric

FFC1987

The electric market seems expensive but when you're on the ladder, due to scarcity second hands etc even after up to 4 years tend to hold a lot of its value. The model on finance basically means you should trade in for a new model every 3-4 years and the capital from original purchase means you shouldn't need to put in extra money apart from monthly payments which decline after each deal due to increase capital placed.....At least that's what the deals I'm looking at are proving. Currently looking at a Volkswagon ID4 so 100% electric and with a small grant, installing the normal, not rapid electric charge unit on my driveway.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: FFC1987 on May 19, 2022, 08:57:00 AM
The electric market seems expensive but when you're on the ladder, due to scarcity second hands etc even after up to 4 years tend to hold a lot of its value. The model on finance basically means you should trade in for a new model every 3-4 years and the capital from original purchase means you shouldn't need to put in extra money apart from monthly payments which decline after each deal due to increase capital placed.....At least that's what the deals I'm looking at are proving. Currently looking at a Volkswagon ID4 so 100% electric and with a small grant, installing the normal, not rapid electric charge unit on my driveway.

I keep looking at the old leaf... cheap & no range, but good for most day's car use